I was considering the Moto Z Play unlocked GSM. Same specs as the keyone, and better battery life. Just no keyboard.
    06-05-17 02:46 PM
    when the laptop ban take place on air plane, the kb phone will be in demand. personally, i have typed full report on BBOS 7 phone when got stuck in airport due to delay. Can't imaging doing that on VKB. (although I did type a full book chapter on Z10 just to teach it to get used to my typing behavior... ). If all the phone to select to take with me without laptop, K1 will be the number 1 choice for me (9900 would be the runner off).
    When you typed the full book chapter on the Z10, did you enjoy it or did you experience fatigue a lot quicker?
    06-05-17 02:51 PM
    I was considering the Moto Z Play unlocked GSM. Same specs as the keyone, and better battery life. Just no keyboard.
    depends on what you like, if you really really need a pkb then this is the only thing but if you dont need one there a tons of better options for me i just dont think its worth it right now.
    06-05-17 02:58 PM
    When I type it on z10, it is slower than kb, less sure than the kb (I need to look and check spelling to make sure I didn't "love" someone by mistake). You learn type by lower force, not click. The key appear to be further away, you need expand your hand a bit more. The one major issue is tech term that auto correct not recognize... after struggle through that chapter, it become MY z10. Not fatigue, just the frustration get through that process.
    06-05-17 03:01 PM
    depends on what you like, if you really really need a pkb then this is the only thing but if you dont need one there a tons of better options for me i just dont think its worth it right now.
    I would agree. Apparently there's rumors about a keyboard mod for the Moto Z line. I haven't heard enough about it to keep me from choosing the KeyOne, though. So far I've been much more accurate with the pkb than I have with a vkb. It takes a little time to get used to, but I'm getting better each day. Haven't used a pkb since the T-Mobile G1. Loved that phone!
    06-05-17 03:08 PM
    Might look into the S8 battery case. But my requirement is more battery focused. I am looking for a phone with great battery life. A good pkb is a bonus. I am seriously considering the Moto Z Play with the battery mod. I think the total cost of that would be in the same range as the cost of a KeyOne. Plus Motorola's software is almost like stock Android and has some useful features.

Another big worry with Blackberry is updates. With there being doubts over future updates for phones such as the DTEK 50 and 60 (both of which are not old phones) I am not very confident that the KeyOne will see too many updates as Blackberry handles the software side of things.
    You don't need the battery mod for the Z play.
    06-05-17 03:28 PM
    Samsung keyboard is clicky in not a nice way, response feels different then on a passport. People must be desperate to have a big screen to use a keyboard click on and loosing there screen. I think comaring to the s8 you could get for 40% off the price a Priv

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:08 PM
    Samsung keyboard is clicky in not a nice way, response feels different then on a passport. People must be desperate to have a big screen to use a keyboard click on and loosing there screen. I think comaring to the s8 you could get for 40% off the price a Priv

Posted via CB10
    Loll it's there as an option, evidently not a very popular one.

They also made lens attachments and battery mods, how many people do you see walking around with these things? Lol
    06-05-17 04:11 PM
    Samsung should make a Ch@t 2 next. Especially with BB's KeyONE success

dpgo likes this.
    08-01-17 09:57 PM
    Agree, this samsung was great in its time, superlight weight and very reliable. Unfortunately for android 4.3 it was never rooted, so no options for cyanogenmod etc.(but for a previous os it was possible to root)

Also samsung had another android pkb before with smaller screen and less mem etc BUT including a touchpad, and it is killer feature to select, copy paste,etc (though BlackBerry get rid of the touchpad)

BlackBerry should sell compatible hardware or just the licensed and information to 3rd parties, I don't want their security or software, just a proper keyboard.

In the worst case, if a once I cannot move to a physical keyboard device, I will try to find a device with stylus writing and writing recognition(it was amazing and super fast to write in palm or nokia)

Sad but true, all the good technologies of the past deprecated because the copying the crap that apple did...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 04:34 AM
    Or Motorola a new Droid (and for the whole world, not only the US market).

09-24-17 07:19 AM
    Or Motorola a new Droid (and for the whole world, not only the US market).

https://i.imgur.com/gQjdTmU.jpg
    man thats hideous the chat seems like a lot nicer option
    09-24-17 09:01 AM
    man thats hideous the chat seem like a lot nicer option
    Actually, it's what a lot of people I've talked to would prefer: To have the keyboard available while the screen is in landscape mode.
    09-24-17 09:02 AM
    I sold my KEYone a month ago on Craigslist. I loved my BB Classic the best of any phone. Bought the DTEK50 and it was just okay and then the KEYone. For me the KEYone had keys that were too small for me and they were so small I couldn't really see them comfortably (senior citizen). In a nutshell I didn't fall in love with it like I did with my Classic. I bought the Samsung Note 8 about 3 weeks ago, and I love it! It reminds me of my love affair with my Classic. It has a wonderful camera! Love, love, love the camera. Lots of fun features on this phone. I feel a bit like a traitor leaving BB but I am loving my Note 8. I would say it is a good alternative to the KEYone.
    09-28-17 11:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/I40r73i.jpg
    Success? How many K1s have been sold? Remember, TCL's measure of success and Samsung's maybe very different.
    09-29-17 12:37 AM
    Success? How many K1s have been sold? Remember, TCL's measure of success and Samsung's maybe very different.
    Only TCL knows exact numbers but I think they did say not too long ago that the sales met expectations...whatever that means. Problem is, even if they sold like hot pancakes at launch, many (if not all) were returned because they couldn't properly attach a screen until early July. Either way it's one of the only devices on the market with such a battery life, and THE only PKB besides...Priv...with questionable battery performance when not optimized.
    09-29-17 02:30 AM
    It would be great if nokia will come back.
    The N810/N900 with well done PKB were great devices, this quality hardware with an android OS....

Any brand for me is better than BlackBerry, because I don't need their security but I want the freedom of rooting or replacing the OS (Nokia was even supporting technical forums were everything was possible to do, I miss that)

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 04:24 AM
67 123