I disagree. Saying none isn't helpful. v0v
    05-31-17 04:37 PM
    I'm looking forward to see how the LG V30 comes out this fall, heard some good things about it.
    Anybody else notice how quiet the media has been today on the ONEkey. My Google news feed has no new news in 2 days now???
    05-31-17 06:23 PM
    The Moto Z physical keyboard mod is due in July. At this rate it will probably be out before the CDMA KeyOne.
    05-31-17 06:27 PM
    The reason I ask is that the launch seems to be a disaster with availability an issue. For someone who needs an upgrade what other options do they have? Wait or look for a phone without keyboard. If you think about it the Moto Z Play with similar specs is available at a much lower price than KeyOne. You can get a S7/S7 edge for around £475-540 in the UK.
    Blackberry PRIV.
    Bertie Bear likes this.
    05-31-17 06:30 PM
    Might look into the S8 battery case. But my requirement is more battery focused. I am looking for a phone with great battery life. A good pkb is a bonus. I am seriously considering the Moto Z Play with the battery mod. I think the total cost of that would be in the same range as the cost of a KeyOne. Plus Motorola's software is almost like stock Android and has some useful features.

Another big worry with Blackberry is updates. With there being doubts over future updates for phones such as the DTEK 50 and 60 (both of which are not old phones) I am not very confident that the KeyOne will see too many updates as Blackberry handles the software side of things.
    05-31-17 06:52 PM
    Blackberry PRIV.
    Not an option. With questionable performance and a joke of a pkb imo
    05-31-17 06:54 PM
    I disagree. Saying none isn't helpful. v0v
    Say if you don't have oranges, go eat apples, (or you don't have breads, go eat cakes?)... there are many kb, there is a BB kb... people call it legendary for a reason. Once you saw the same word used on sammy's, please notify bb.. legal team might want to check out the patent infringement... :-).

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 06:54 PM
    Might look into the S8 battery case. But my requirement is more battery focused. I am looking for a phone with great battery life. A good pkb is a bonus. I am seriously considering the Moto Z Play with the battery mod. I think the total cost of that would be in the same range as the cost of a KeyOne. Plus Motorola's software is almost like stock Android and has some useful features.
    I think it's good consideration.

Typing in pkb is supposed for blind typing and muscle memories, but having those swipe things features will make you end up looking text suggestions on the keyboard which is not blind typing at all.
    05-31-17 07:01 PM
    Not an option. With questionable performance and a joke of a pkb imo
    As a BlackBerry PRIV user for almost 2 years I assure you the physical keyboard is no joke.
    teodd likes this.
    05-31-17 08:37 PM
    Note 7 (refurbished) or note 8 coming out soon... unlocked, rooted, custom rom...

Generally my fav is the nexus 6p for the battery life. Aside from the passport, nothing keeps up with battery life for me.
    My Nexus 6P battery is bad now compared to when I got it a year ago. Couldn't make it through the day without charging. Other 6P phones are shutting down at 30% juice. There's a lawsuit happening in regards to this.
    06-02-17 03:24 PM
    Blackberry PRIV.
    Seconded. A superior phone in several aspects.
    teodd likes this.
    06-02-17 04:50 PM
    Seconded. A superior phone in several aspects.
    Except buggy software
    06-03-17 06:09 AM
    Except buggy software
    Can you elaborate?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 07:50 AM
    The reason I ask is that the launch seems to be a disaster with availability an issue. For someone who needs an upgrade what other options do they have? Wait or look for a phone without keyboard. If you think about it the Moto Z Play with similar specs is available at a much lower price than KeyOne. You can get a S7/S7 edge for around £475-540 in the UK.
    If you're looking for a BlackBerry replacement, just wait. This phone is amazing. Long battery life and best in class keyboard. I was lucky to get one on launch day and it is awesome!
    06-03-17 07:55 AM
    If you're looking for a BlackBerry replacement, just wait. This phone is amazing. Long battery life and best in class keyboard. I was lucky to get one on launch day and it is awesome!
    Agree, amazing phone
    06-03-17 09:24 AM
    Nothing wrong with the PRIV and what only 279 now?? the s8 with keyboard looks hideous. Just saying.. The PRIV has a smart keyboard and the hype is just hype FDB.
    06-05-17 06:44 AM
    There really isn't a suitable competitor now. It appears that there is no other modern keyboard phone from a major brand. I searched extensively in the approach to K1 release and couldn't find anything. Literally all phones are now iPhone clones (or giant screen "slabs," as they are called). The smartphone space is quite stagnant and lacking innovation. The general target market appears to be people who are consuming media (for instance, people who use a phone primarily to watch YouTube videos). In contrast, the K1 is clearly designed for professional use (e.g. email, calendar, messaging). I hope BlackBerry can press on into the future to offer us a physical keyboard and professional design past the K1, because I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far and don't want this to be the last keyboard we see on a mobile phone.
    06-05-17 07:15 AM
    Absolutely no phone on the market compares if you want a PKB. If you don't care about the keyboard there are many devices that beat it.
    06-05-17 07:21 AM
    the youtube crowd start to notice the K1. i know someone watch youtube for 2 hours, only use 9% (full charge to start with and left with 91%) battery.
    06-05-17 12:04 PM
    There really isn't a suitable competitor now. It appears that there is no other modern keyboard phone from a major brand. I searched extensively in the approach to K1 release and couldn't find anything. Literally all phones are now iPhone clones (or giant screen "slabs," as they are called). The smartphone space is quite stagnant and lacking innovation. The general target market appears to be people who are consuming media (for instance, people who use a phone primarily to watch YouTube videos). In contrast, the K1 is clearly designed for professional use (e.g. email, calendar, messaging). I hope BlackBerry can press on into the future to offer us a physical keyboard and professional design past the K1, because I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far and don't want this to be the last keyboard we see on a mobile phone.
    You realize there is now a full two generations maybe even three of people who grew up using a virtual keyboard right loll

While I agree that the physical keyboard has merits over the virtual, a phone doesn't have much merit over say a laptop keyboard.

Thus, I am not too hopefull about the pkb. All my buds who ever tried it said it felt awkward and weird to press on buttons.

Like the track pad, that thing ain't coming back loll
    06-05-17 12:19 PM
    when the laptop ban take place on air plane, the kb phone will be in demand. personally, i have typed full report on BBOS 7 phone when got stuck in airport due to delay. Can't imaging doing that on VKB. (although I did type a full book chapter on Z10 just to teach it to get used to my typing behavior... ). If all the phone to select to take with me without laptop, K1 will be the number 1 choice for me (9900 would be the runner off).
    06-05-17 01:22 PM
    when the laptop ban take place on air plane, the kb phone will be in demand.
    Tablets, if anything.
    06-05-17 02:10 PM
    Tablets, if anything.
    tablet also on the ban list if Trump get his way... https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/20/us...-13-countries/
    06-05-17 02:24 PM
    tablet also on the ban list if Trump get his way... https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/20/us...-13-countries/
    There is the issue of sticking all those lithium batteries in the cargo hold.
    06-05-17 02:31 PM
    I looked through a lot of reviews, still no final decision K1 or S8+, I used passport and it was good for business, no games...
    06-05-17 02:45 PM
67 123