What phones would you consider as genuine alternatives to the KeyOne considering there are no other keyboard devices out there?
    05-31-17 02:04 PM
    What phones would you consider as genuine alternatives to the KeyOne considering there are no other keyboard devices out there?
    None lol

All seriousness ? S8+ with keyboard attachment
    05-31-17 02:05 PM
    The reason I ask is that the launch seems to be a disaster with availability an issue. For someone who needs an upgrade what other options do they have? Wait or look for a phone without keyboard. If you think about it the Moto Z Play with similar specs is available at a much lower price than KeyOne. You can get a S7/S7 edge for around £475-540 in the UK.
    05-31-17 02:09 PM
    Note 7 (refurbished) or note 8 coming out soon... unlocked, rooted, custom rom...

Generally my fav is the nexus 6p for the battery life. Aside from the passport, nothing keeps up with battery life for me.
    05-31-17 02:13 PM
    But in all seriousness, don't get discouraged. Wait a little longer and you will snag one.
    EricYCH likes this.
    05-31-17 02:14 PM
    There is no alternative. The KEYone is unique

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 02:16 PM
    In the Android world? Nope. Samsung's keyboard case is completely pathetic and in no way substitutes for a proper physical keyboard. The closest thing I can think of is an iPhone 5/5S/SE with a bluetooth keyboard slider case. If you're coming from BBOS or Android you'll either love or hate iOS due to its heavy restrictions, but the truth is that iPhones are among the few devices out there that have a lot of well-designed accessories and relatively long lifespan.
    05-31-17 02:24 PM
    Multiple people have said the s8 with keyboard case is a joke, but I disagree. I got tired of waiting for the keyone and bought an s8 with the keyboard case. I think the people saying that it's crap either never used one, or used one for a few minutes and moved on.

In all honesty, I have no desire to buy a k1 now. The keyboard case is actually really awesome. You can take it off for movie watching, and Samsung has done a great job of implementing it within the os, and you're not settling for old, slow hardware. you get all the benefits of the s8 plus the keyboard.

The only down side is that it's not backlit, but physical keys are about muscle memory and so after a week or so of use, the lack of a backlight isn't that big of a deal at all. I love it, ditch blackberry and TCL and get an s8 with the keyboard cover, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    05-31-17 02:47 PM
    Proof that I have one

Uzi likes this.
    05-31-17 02:49 PM
    In the Android world? Nope. Samsung's keyboard case is completely pathetic and in no way substitutes for a proper physical keyboard. The closest thing I can think of is an iPhone 5/5S/SE with a bluetooth keyboard slider case. If you're coming from BBOS or Android you'll either love or hate iOS due to its heavy restrictions, but the truth is that iPhones are among the few devices out there that have a lot of well-designed accessories and relatively long lifespan.
    Agree. I have bought Samsung keyboard for my S7 and it's a joke. I barely use it as BlackBerry virtual keyboard that I have on my S7 is much better. Alternatives to K1 are not available, however I'll take into account the Moto Z Play (tomorrow the Z Play 2 will be announced), Lenovo P2 (with a 5.100 battery). Both Moto and Lenovo have the same 625 processor as K1, meaning longtime battery life. Maybe I'll get the Moto so you can have the Moto mods including a battery case that can be charged wireless and increases battery up to 3-4 days. However the Lenovo is cheaper. Finally, I think iPhone SE may be a valid alternative now with a 128G memory. These are my 2 cents.
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-31-17 02:50 PM
    If Apple pulls off its new iPhone with the rumored screen-integrated Touch ID with more screen and minimal bezel then it will generate a lot of interest. Arriving only about three months after most people can get the KeyOne means that the Blackberry flagship is definitely 2nd tier.
    05-31-17 02:54 PM
    Multiple people have said the s8 with keyboard case is a joke, but I disagree. I got tired of waiting for the keyone and bought an s8 with the keyboard case. I think the people saying that it's crap either never used one, or used one for a few minutes and moved on.

In all honesty, I have no desire to buy a k1 now. The keyboard case is actually really awesome. You can take it off for movie watching, and Samsung has done a great job of implementing it within the os, and you're not settling for old, slow hardware. you get all the benefits of the s8 plus the keyboard.

The only down side is that it's not backlit, but physical keys are about muscle memory and so after a week or so of use, the lack of a backlight isn't that big of a deal at all. I love it, ditch blackberry and TCL and get an s8 with the keyboard cover, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Does it only work with the Samsung keyboard?
    05-31-17 02:55 PM
    The Galaxy S8 plus is a awesome phone can't say enough good about it.
    fazzioo likes this.
    05-31-17 02:55 PM

It is a joke , because you miss out of blackberry's DNA .

I have it on the s7 and the keys are much harder to press and there are no capacitive touch . Also the Navi buttons are swapped.
    05-31-17 02:56 PM
    Does it only work with the Samsung keyboard?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, as in text predictions? I use swiftkey with the cover off, and when it's on, Samsung has their own prediction, autocorrect, etc, which I have turned off because when I'm typing on it I don't want autocorrect messing with what I type. That's the beauty of the physical keys in my opinion.
    05-31-17 02:57 PM

I have it on the s7 and the keys are much harder to press and there are no capacitive touch . Also the Navi buttons are swapped.
    Blackberry DNA is gone. And the s8 cover is completely different from the s6/7 cover. This is exactly what I meant by people putting in their opinion when they don't even have one. Saying you know the s8 one sucks because you used the s7 one is like saying you know the keyone sucks because you used a priv.
    05-31-17 02:59 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, as in text predictions? I use swiftkey with the cover off, and when it's on, Samsung has their own prediction, autocorrect, etc, which I have turned off because when I'm typing on it I don't want autocorrect messing with what I type. That's the beauty of the physical keys in my opinion.
    I meant, do you need your system keyboard set to the Samsung keyboard in order to use it. Since you say you use Swiftkey I guess that means it switches back and forth depending on if the cover is installed? The first thing I installed was Gboard so it's important to me.
    05-31-17 03:00 PM
    I meant, do you need your system keyboard set to the Samsung keyboard in order to use it. Since you say you use Swiftkey I guess that means it switches back and forth depending on if the cover is installed? The first thing I installed was Gboard so it's important to me.
    Yep when you pop it off, it goes back to whatever keyboard you used last. GBoard, swiftkey, etc. works really slick.
    05-31-17 03:01 PM
    Blackberry DNA is gone. And the s8 cover is completely different from the s6/7 cover. This is exactly what I meant by people putting in their opinion when they don't even have one. Saying you know the s8 one sucks because you used the s7 one is like saying you know the keyone sucks because you used a priv.
    Different in what way? Capacitive keys? Navi buttons are correct now?

Nope
    05-31-17 03:04 PM
    Different in what way? Capacitive keys? Navi buttons are correct now?

Nope
    What are you talking about capacitive keys? There are hardware keys, thats the whole point. Also the buttons are "correct" based upon the way samsung prefers them. And you can change the way they are ordered in the settings if you want. Again, something you wouldnt know if you didnt have one.
    05-31-17 03:06 PM
    What are you talking about capacitive keys? There are hardware keys, thats the whole point. Also the buttons are "correct" based upon the way samsung prefers them. And you can change the way they are ordered in the settings if you want. Again, something you wouldnt know if you didnt have one.
    You can't swipe , you can't use keyboard shortcuts , swipe to delete words

There are no alternatives
    05-31-17 03:08 PM
    Better get a paternity test. BlackBerry Mobile is related to the BlackBerry family by marriage rather than blood.
    gigatigga likes this.
    05-31-17 03:12 PM
    You can't swipe , you can't use keyboard shortcuts , swipe to delete words

There are no alternatives
    He asked for alternatives not a clone. Sure its not exactly the same, but you also get much better hardware, a better camera, a better screen, more ram, better cpu, VR compatibility, more internal storage, qi wireless charging, etc etc etc. Idk if "swipe to delete words" cancels out all the other things you get ith the s8 that you dont get with the keyone.
    05-31-17 03:25 PM
    None. Period.

Send from my *KEYone*
    05-31-17 04:16 PM
    He asked for alternatives not a clone. Sure its not exactly the same, but you also get much better hardware, a better camera, a better screen, more ram, better cpu, VR compatibility, more internal storage, qi wireless charging, etc etc etc. Idk if "swipe to delete words" cancels out all the other things you get ith the s8 that you dont get with the keyone.
    Yeah and I said there's no alternative , good for you with s8

I have both phones and I still like physical keyboards better.
    05-31-17 04:18 PM
67 123