We all know what the honeymoon stage of a phone is like. I'm certainly in that stage with the K1 right now. But I wanted to throw a very brief summary after day 1.

The look and feel of this phone to remarkable. It's a joy to hold and use.

The keyboard is ten thousand percent better than the Priv. I'm still getting use to it but I can already see I'm getting much more comfortable with it.

The processor is quick and zippy. Using this phone as I use it provides nothing but fast performance.

Screen is bright and crisp. No issues

Ear piece and phone quality has been great.

Battery life was at 15 percent last night after a heavy 18 hour day. I assume the life will improve as I couldn't keep my hands off of her yesterday.

I'm coming from the iPhone 7 Plus from last September and before that I was using the Passport and Priv.

I'm so excited for BlackBerry as they have a winner on their hands.
    05-27-17 06:03 AM
    Congratulations on your "wedding"! :-)
    05-27-17 06:15 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great to hear that Iphone users are switching to KeyOne.... I will soon, too..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 06:24 AM
    We all know what the honeymoon stage of a phone is like. I'm certainly in that stage with the K1 right now. But I wanted to throw a very brief summary after day 1.

The keyboard is ten thousand percent better than the Priv. I'm still getting use to it but I can already see I'm getting much more comfortable with it.

The processor is quick and zippy. Using this phone as I use it provides nothing but fast performance.

Battery life was at 15 percent last night after a heavy 18 hour day. I assume the life will improve as I couldn't keep my hands off of her yesterday.

I'm coming from the iPhone 7 Plus from last September and before that I was using the Passport and Priv.

I'm torn between the iPhone 7plus and the Keyone. I use a dtek50 that isn't too bad but the battery is terrible and I also use a meditation app called muse which has a problem stuttering while listening to audio. My old iPhone 5 from work works great using this app and also the Sirius radio app. I just want to make sure both the muse and Sirius app work well and the camera is satisfactory on the Keyone. I'm a BB fan and would like the Keyone but also know the iPhone 7 will give good battery life and be able to handle my needs along with a great camera. Your thoughts?
    dollface likes this.
    05-27-17 07:06 AM
    How would you compare the iPhone and BlackBerry battery life with your usage?
    05-27-17 07:12 AM
    Battery life is better without a doubt. I couldn't go all day with the 7 plus. My Passport and Priv were better than the iPhone 7 plus too.
    05-27-17 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the review.
    I am on the phone for a week now and I totally agree with your points.
    Outstanding keyboard , battery life and screen !
    The phone also is super fast in comparison with the PRIV.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    05-27-17 02:52 PM
    Is it really faster t,han a freshly wiped Priv?
    Is the keyboard like a mini passport?
    How does one get special characters?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 03:30 PM
    Is it really faster t,han a freshly wiped Priv?
    Is the keyboard like a mini passport?
    How does one get special characters?

Posted via CB10
    ALT key +other keys or push sym key
    05-27-17 06:01 PM
    congrats op,

enjoy your KeyOne

I also find the keyboard to be awesome compared to the priv

and battery life is on par or better than my 7 plus as well

This KeyOne is awesome
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-27-17 07:15 PM
    Battery life is better without a doubt. I couldn't go all day with the 7 plus. My Passport and Priv were better than the iPhone 7 plus too.
    I call BS on the Priv. I've owned every iPhone since the 3G including the 7+ as well as the Priv and Passport. While the passport can definitely hold up very well battery wise, the Priv is just atrocious. I was always looking for an outlet and could never go a full day on 1 charge. The 7+ actually has outstanding battery life and I really have to try to kill the battery. It easily lasts from wake to sleep.

If your Priv is outlasting the 7+, there's something wrong with the 7+.
    05-27-17 08:21 PM
    OK, call BS. What motivation would I have to lie about that? I heard numerous reports on poor battery life on the Priv but I didn't experience it. And my 7 plus may have something wrong but I'm stating my experience. Back off!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-27-17 09:00 PM
    I'm torn between the iPhone 7plus and the Keyone. I use a dtek50 that isn't too bad but the battery is terrible and I also use a meditation app called muse which has a problem stuttering while listening to audio. My old iPhone 5 from work works great using this app and also the Sirius radio app. I just want to make sure both the muse and Sirius app work well and the camera is satisfactory on the Keyone. I'm a BB fan and would like the Keyone but also know the iPhone 7 will give good battery life and be able to handle my needs along with a great camera. Your thoughts?
    All comes down to preference nowadays there really isn't that Gap like the old days where some os's could do one thing while the other couldn't. We're lucky to be able to try out phones for about 4 weeks and if we don't like them just return it for a refund.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    05-27-17 09:04 PM
    OK, call BS. What motivation would I have to lie about that? I heard numerous reports on poor battery life on the Priv but I didn't experience it. And my 7 plus may have something wrong but I'm stating my experience. Back off!
    The more I read phone forums the more I come to the conclusion that battery life on a phone can swing wildly between very good to very bad depending upon the phone, the battery and the user! I was getting beat up for a time when I said my DTEK50 was getting 1.5 days of battery life! Lol. We have to take it with a grain of salt. So many factors, so many variables. I don't know if I'm in the minority or not but if I had a phone with a bad battery I would try to do anything I could to try and improve it. Maybe people do it maybe they don't. I just read the comments and move on.
    05-27-17 09:49 PM
    And there lies the problem with using the internet to guide your purchase decisions. As soon as one person says X, someone else comes along and says Y. There's rarely a consensus. Bottom line is buy the phone and try it out for yourself.
    05-27-17 11:19 PM
    I call BS on the Priv. I've owned every iPhone since the 3G including the 7+ as well as the Priv and Passport. While the passport can definitely hold up very well battery wise, the Priv is just atrocious. I was always looking for an outlet and could never go a full day on 1 charge. The 7+ actually has outstanding battery life and I really have to try to kill the battery. It easily lasts from wake to sleep.

If your Priv is outlasting the 7+, there's something wrong with the 7+.
    So true ! Have same experience.
    05-28-17 02:46 AM
    What are other BB devices that you have used before?

05-28-17 02:59 AM
    Bold 9000, Storm, Storm 2, Torch, Passport, Passport SE, Priv.
    05-28-17 04:10 AM
    Ok, nice to see a positive review from you
    05-28-17 05:39 AM
    The more I read phone forums the more I come to the conclusion that battery life on a phone can swing wildly between very good to very bad depending upon the phone, the battery and the user! I was getting beat up for a time when I said my DTEK50 was getting 1.5 days of battery life! Lol. We have to take it with a grain of salt. So many factors, so many variables. I don't know if I'm in the minority or not but if I had a phone with a bad battery I would try to do anything I could to try and improve it. Maybe people do it maybe they don't. I just read the comments and move on.
    Because it's misleading to people coming here reading user posts.

Virtually every professional review and most user reviews can't finish a regular 8 hour work day without needing to charge the phone.

The iPhone 7+ has a 2900mah battery and by consensus has "one of" the longest battery life on the market.

The others need 3500mah and a lower end chipset to achieve the same loll.

By consensus - I don't know if people on Cb understands what that means. By consensus the dtek50 has a really bad battery life.

This isn't a case of "oh people with problems will be more vocal about it on the forums".

Glad you get 1.5 days out of yours but for anyone thinking about it, don't think for a second it will come down to " many variables and your usage patterns", the consensus is it can't last you a working day.

Arguing about battery life on a smartphone, first world problems loll
    05-28-17 07:27 AM
    The best news for me is that everyone thinks the pkb is far better than the Priv pkb, which was garbage. Looking forward to moving from the Dtek60, which has been a terrific phone in almost every way except two - 1) a barely acceptable battery, and 2) of course the awful experience of a vkb that everyone has but never admits.
    05-28-17 08:01 AM

Thank you for the review, great read . Can u elaborate more on the screen I've been hearing very mixed reviews on it . Ie: very dim ?? I have the priv and don't think it has the brightest screen . Keep us all posted on how things are going with the 1 Cheers 🍻
    05-28-17 10:04 AM
    I have it for a week now (KEYone) I also had Q10, passports, passportse, priv, all iphones (up to 6). simply this is the best phone I ever had. To be perfectly hones, I would be happier with a passport SE running either android 7 or IOS, but this is a very good compromise. The battery is fantastic. After 20 hours (medium usage - 4G, wifi, bluetooth, browsing, using online radio and making calls) I am still at 64%.
    05-28-17 01:18 PM
    I have it for a week now (KEYone) I also had Q10, passports, passportse, priv, all iphones (up to 6). simply this is the best phone I ever had. To be perfectly hones, I would be happier with a passport SE running either android 7 or IOS, but this is a very good compromise. The battery is fantastic. After 20 hours (medium Susage - 4G, wifi, bluetooth, browsing, using online radio and making calls) I am still at 64%.
    Sound quality evaluation please:

Phonecalls
    Speakerphone

Other observations:

PKB vs Priv
    PKB vs Passport

Thx
    05-28-17 02:14 PM
    what I also forget MM vs Nougat its not even the same league. so much better....

not much of an expert in sound quality
    Phonecalls are generally ok, did not notice any difference (I somehow feel the 4G reception is less stabile than with the priv, but this is not sure)
    Speakerphone same as with priv and passport
    PKB vas Priv is FANTASTIC
    PKB vs Passport is Ok, Passport is superior by size and all.
    Text Prediction:
    vs PRIV is superior
    vs Pass is almost the same
    05-28-17 02:19 PM
32 12