It's one of my hobbies re-selling prime devices and 👍 agreed!!!! When you buy Mobile devices you have to make sure the IMEI is "clean" so that service won't be blocked on the device! Also you have to make sure the device has gone through a full factory rest to unlink google accounts and services!
    gqmovement likes this.
    06-26-17 07:44 AM
    This!

Since the seller is probably not being honest with you, I could see them reporting the IMEI as stolen soon after selling it to you. Maybe they bought it fraudulently from a carrier and doesn't want to tell you that (for obvious reasons).

Bottom line, when buying used phones, always be cautious. I've luckily never had a used phone get blacklisted, but I see reports of it all the time.
    Yeah man,

Msged last night for the imem...nothing. So I left it.

When I asked about his area of pick-up, apparently didn't know one of the major streets...so seemed dodgy.

Only thing I could think after would be to say let's meet at a cop station for the exchange.
    06-26-17 08:29 AM
    It's one of my hobbies re-selling prime devices and 👍 agreed!!!! When you buy Mobile devices you have to make sure the IMEI is "clean" so that service won't be blocked on the device! Also you have to make sure the device has gone through a full factory rest to unlink google accounts and services!
    Seen a bunch of people have this issue with accounts still attached after the wipe is done.

Strange why you wouldn't want to clear EVERYTHING off the phone
    06-26-17 08:30 AM
    Yeah man,

Msged last night for the imem...nothing. So I left it.

When I asked about his area of pick-up, apparently didn't know one of the major streets...so seemed dodgy.

Only thing I could think after would be to say let's meet at a cop station for the exchange.
    Here in the 813-Tampa, FL - I will only meet at the cop stations now. For too many reasons now, it just makes sense.
    06-26-17 08:32 AM
    To be fair, I don't give out the IMEI number until I'm meeting with a buyer. I do let them check the devicecheck site and do the initial setup of the phone to verify there's no Google lock.

Note that just because a device isn't blacklisted doesn't mean it can't be done in the future. A carrier may discover later that it was purchased fraudulently, the original buyer could phone their carrier and say it was stolen, etc.

Definitely have to be cautious.
    06-26-17 08:33 AM
    Here in the 813-Tampa, FL - I will only meet at the cop stations now. For too many reasons now, it just makes sense.
    305. MIA. only in front of cop stations as well. Why leave it to chance.
    gqmovement likes this.
    06-26-17 10:58 AM
    So finally saw a Keyone passing a Bell store last week. Played a bit, went back yesterday and played more.

Really digging it - the keyboard will take a bit to get used to (currently on a Priv)

Anyways, looking online, dude is selling for $650 (advertised) told me $600 firm. It's unlocked and bought from Blackberry.

Bell had it off contract for $699...is it worth the $100 difference or am I walking into a trap...

Is it worth doing an Imem check...or would that be more if it was bought through a carrier?

Thoughts/tips....i wanting to jump on...
    Why would you buy a phone over list price, the unlocked phone sells all day long on Amazon for 549?
    06-26-17 12:05 PM
    Why would you buy a phone over list price, the unlocked phone sells all day long on Amazon for 549?
    Because here in Canada, it will cost over 700 CAD. Probably around 720.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 12:11 PM
    Because here in Canada, it will cost over 700 CAD. Probably around 720.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you guys get hosed
    06-26-17 12:19 PM
    Not canadian it's well over 850
    06-26-17 12:23 PM
    Not canadian it's well over 850
    Man>.........
    06-26-17 12:27 PM
    Wow you guys get hosed
    It does hurt
    06-26-17 12:31 PM
    Ouch. That is a lot of money ....
    06-26-17 01:40 PM
    If you think the device cost is bad, you should see our cell plans in Canada.
    gqmovement likes this.
    06-26-17 01:53 PM
    So finally saw a Keyone passing a Bell store last week. Played a bit, went back yesterday and played more.

Really digging it - the keyboard will take a bit to get used to (currently on a Priv)

Anyways, looking online, dude is selling for $650 (advertised) told me $600 firm. It's unlocked and bought from Blackberry.

Bell had it off contract for $699...is it worth the $100 difference or am I walking into a trap...

Is it worth doing an Imem check...or would that be more if it was bought through a carrier?

Thoughts/tips....i wanting to jump on...
    Considering the proverbial ****storm around this phone and QA, I'd be wary of any used purchases. Warranties are a fickle thing and this device seems to be even more fickle.
    06-26-17 06:58 PM
    If you think the device cost is bad, you should see our cell plans in Canada.
    Just looked. Thats nasty. Looked at car prices as I was at it, you guys are paying 7k tax on a vehicle - whereas i paid 2k. I know you have free healthcare and all, but a coworker of mine been telling me its far from good. Where the hell is all the money going to?
    06-26-17 08:18 PM
    Where the hell is all the money going to?
    Free? healthcare--that's where.
    06-26-17 08:21 PM
    Where the hell is all the money going to?
    Free? healthcare--that's where. All kidding aside, I still think we are better off up here, healthwise. IMHO only.
    06-26-17 08:23 PM
    One of your provinces, ontario spends 50% of its budget on healthcare. Im not in government, but manage large profits and losses. Does not look like a well managed system to me. But then again i dont know your political situation.

Says emoloyees still have to pay / get insurance for prescriptions, vision and dental. Doctor visits and emergency services only. Seems complex.
    06-26-17 08:52 PM
    Im curious to see where we end up with this k1 in the resale market by the holidays.

For the states, i would take it to bestbuy and see what the trade in value is for another phone.
    06-26-17 09:02 PM
    That's a $200+ premium to get a keyboard. Plus the screen faults out..Up to you..
    06-27-17 10:41 AM
46 12