About three or so months ago I requested from BB Mobile Care to resolve a problem which many other's have posted on this K1 forum.

The problem with K1: When connected to WiFi the internet drops out, while the WiFi connection appears to be connected.

Some other forum members report that a 5G WiFi connection seems to be the problem, while 2.5G seems to work correctly (I have not tried this problem solving.)
    Over the past weeks I have received periodic replies from Mobile Care; today's response (not a resolution). Maybe (?) the problem will be solved with soon to be released Oreo OS.

In regards to your open case with us, we are emailing to follow up with your support request. It is our priority to try and help you find a solution as soon as possible, so we are just sending out a reminder that we are still working on your situation. If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to contact us again via e-mail or phone dialing our customer service line
    Kind Regards,
    Leonardo Richart
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care
    Last edited by mandony; 06-25-18 at 04:03 PM. Reason: header should correctly spell Dropping
    06-25-18 04:00 PM
    I sure am hoping so. They have been advising people to downgrade their WiFi security (BAD IDEA!) to WEP, which is will fix the connection issue for now.

I still have this issue. Using the 2.4GHz WiFi band works flawlessly though, but you will have a bit slower data speeds. It doesn't bother me, though. There's farther coverage on a 2.4GHz network than a 5 anyway.

Here's hoping for the fix in Oreo!
    06-25-18 06:18 PM
    WiFi calling will be a bit of a let down if they don't fix the actual WiFi connectivity issues.
    06-25-18 06:31 PM
    Mine was never fixed either. I hope Oreo solves it.
    06-25-18 07:13 PM
    works fine on 2.4GHz networks, but thats not an ideal solution.
    06-25-18 07:41 PM
    Anyone know if the June update fixes this?

Just updated to ABA693 June patch. connected to my 5Ghz for 2hrs and still working for now.
    06-26-18 01:07 AM

Just updated to ABA693 June patch. connected to my 5Ghz for 2hrs and still working for now.
    June update is not fixing it; supposedly Oreo is the solution.
    06-26-18 06:53 AM

Didn't fix for me.
    06-26-18 10:16 AM
    Had the problem. Can now connect to my hidden 5g WiFi connection. oddly enough if you go into your router setting and separate the 5ghz and 2.4ghz into 2 different access points, it seems to deal with it fine. Router is a Asus AC 1200
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-18 07:03 PM
    June update is not fixing it; supposedly Oreo is the solution.
    Man I hope so! Wanted to get the KEY2 but now I think I ll go for a Pixel. Can't put with that anymore! Seriously, wifi issues on a mobile device in 2018, c'mond @blackberrymobile
    Fred Wu likes this.
    06-30-18 10:15 AM
    Had the problem. Can now connect to my hidden 5g WiFi connection. oddly enough if you go into your router setting and separate the 5ghz and 2.4ghz into 2 different access points, it seems to deal with it fine. Router is a Asus AC 1200
    I don't understand, aren't 2.4 & 5 completely different AP's by design? What am I doing wrong in my router settings?
    06-30-18 10:18 AM
    I don't understand, aren't 2.4 & 5 completely different AP's by design? What am I doing wrong in my router settings?
    Depends on the firmware. Some overlap the names which confused some of my older AC equipment
    06-30-18 10:59 AM
    Depends on the firmware. Some overlap the names which confused some of my older AC equipment
    I cannot believe it. Finally! It worked...
    06-30-18 01:09 PM
    I cannot believe it. Finally! It worked...
    Yeah took me a while to figure it out on a few devices and I do this as a side business.
    06-30-18 01:34 PM
    Yeah took me a while to figure it out on a few devices and I do this as a side business.
    Very cool. That said, this is a working solution for home / work or anywhere the user can control the router settings, otherwise the issue persist in public spaces.

BlackBerry & Google still need to get it fixed.
    06-30-18 01:41 PM
    I would rather using 2.4ghz than switch back to wep that is terrible advice.
    06-30-18 04:11 PM
    I would rather using 2.4ghz than switch back to wep that is terrible advice.
    Hiding your WiFi doesn't require downgrading to WEP and it totally solves the issue.
    06-30-18 04:40 PM
    Wait a second. Just to clarify.

If I named my SSIDs HOMENET24 and HOMENET50, then it'll confuse the KEYone? And the solution is to name the other one totally different?

Such as HOMENET24 and FASTNET50?
    06-30-18 08:55 PM
    Hiding your WiFi doesn't require downgrading to WEP and it totally solves the issue.
    Jumped the gun....it stopped working. Ugh.
    06-30-18 11:24 PM
    Don't seem to be having that issue, just gave it a shot and got connected to my 5G wifi at home last night and it's still going flawlessly now in the morning (never used 5G at home before as the up and down speeds of my provider are so terrible that opting for a 5G instead of 2.4G has no effect in data throughput thus no reason to waste battery). So maybe it's a specific hardware/router interaction issue...?
    07-01-18 01:20 AM
    Hi if you have named your Wireless-LAN like this already then you have separated it good enough. As far as I know this is the only control that you know on which network you are connected with your mobile device.
    07-01-18 01:21 AM
    Hi if you have named your Wireless-LAN like this already then you have separated it good enough. As far as I know this is the only control that you know on which network you are connected with your mobile device.
    I see... But doesn't every router by default use different SSID for each of the frequencies? Never tried forcing mine to use identical SSIDs for both 2.4G and 5G as I have intuitively thought this might result in a mismatch, but maybe it's worth trying...
    07-01-18 01:30 AM
    Double post, sorry...
    07-01-18 01:32 AM
    I see... But doesn't every router by default use different SSID for each of the frequencies? Never tried forcing mine to use identical SSIDs for both 2.4G and 5G as I have intuitively thought this might result in a mismatch, but maybe it's worth trying...
    In Germany we have the very widely used products called Fritzbox, manufacturer is AVM, they have the firmware set by default to have two Wifi networks using the same SSID and encryption key so the device can connect to both, which ever suits best.
    I would think this is up to the manufacturer on how to set this in the firmware.
    07-01-18 02:03 AM
    In Germany we have the very widely used products called Fritzbox, manufacturer is AVM, they have the firmware set by default to have two Wifi networks using the same SSID and encryption key so the device can connect to both, which ever suits best.
    I would think this is up to the manufacturer on how to set this in the firmware.
    But then again, what can you expect of a device named....Fritzbox Sorry, a cheap one I admit, no offense meant though, just too good to be true

On a more serious note, would have never thought any manufacturer would opt for such a solution by default, I'm quite surprised I must say...
    07-01-18 03:01 AM
31 12