I have searched for this specific thread for people's opinion and have not found one place. We all know the lag that plagued the first edition Keyone but how has the extra 4GB of ram helped and has anyone had any ongoing lag issues.

What if any problems with the Keyone Black Edition have you had and what are the pros to be mentioned?
    10-06-18 05:42 PM
    I don't know how first GEN silver was working, but 4GB BE does a decent job. yes, it isn't as fluent as iPhone, it lags and stutters some times but it is toleratable and I don't want to throw it to the wall, well... for now
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-06-18 07:31 PM
    my 4GB black is amazing. zero lag, zero issues. I have 60 tabs open on Microsoft Edge and runs fine! lol
    The_Passporter and crusted like this.
    10-06-18 08:29 PM
    I have searched for this specific thread for people's opinion and have not found one place. We all know the lag that plagued the first edition Keyone but how has the extra 4GB of ram helped and has anyone had any ongoing lag issues.

What if any problems with the Keyone Black Edition have you had and what are the pros to be mentioned?
    I have no issues with my 3GB first-batch silver edition.

The only issue with memory is the fact that I can only have 2 or 3 apps open without having to refresh when switching between them.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-06-18 08:35 PM
    I have no issues with my 3GB first-batch silver edition.
    That is great, I am very happy for you and the minority that would say the same.
    10-06-18 08:39 PM
    That is great, I am very happy for you and the minority that would say the same.
    I'm also same. I've got the 3/32 AT&T version. I keep 3-4 apps open. The 4/64 version is supposed to handle any hiccups due to leaving more apps open running at same time.

Point isn't how great 3/32 is as much as 4/64 should be plenty good for most. I'd pay the extra for AT&T version of Key2 if actually existed. The extra ram with Oreo/Pie would be worth the extra outplay as compared with KEYone BE
    crusted likes this.
    10-06-18 09:17 PM
    I'm also same. I've got the 3/32 AT&T version. I keep 3-4 apps open. The 4/64 version is supposed to handle any hiccups due to leaving more apps open running at same time.

Point isn't how great 3/32 is as much as 4/64 should be plenty good for most. I'd pay the extra for AT&T version of Key2 if actually existed. The extra ram with Oreo/Pie would be worth the extra outplay as compared with KEYone BE
    I'm sorry but if had a phone that i could only have two or three apps open at a time I would turn it into an alarm clock.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-06-18 at 09:43 PM.
    10-06-18 09:23 PM
    I'm sorry but if had a phone that i could only have two or three apps open at a time I would turn it into an alarm clock.
    You can have plenty of apps open - they would simply need to quickly refresh if you are constantly switching between them.
    10-06-18 09:51 PM
    You can have plenty of apps open - they would simply need to quickly refresh if you are constantly switching between them.
    I really would rather not debate whether it keeps up to today's demands. Not only has it been voiced extensively how the 3/32 lags but many of the online reviews state the same.

I am more interested in how the 4/64 Black Edition is performing.
    10-06-18 09:55 PM
    "We all know the lag that plagued the first edition KEYᵒⁿᵉ".

WE don't ALL know this.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    10-06-18 09:57 PM
    I really would rather not debate whether it keeps up to today's demands. Not only has it been voiced extensively how the 3/32 lags but many of the online reviews state the same.

There is no fundamental difference apart from being able to switch between a greater number of open apps without refresh.

Other potential issues are completely dependant on a particular user's workflow.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-06-18 09:58 PM

"We all know the lag that plagued the first edition KEYᵒⁿᵉ".

WE don't ALL know this.
    Like I said it's old news. Interested in the 4/64 Black Edition.

Let it go........ it's going to be ok.
    10-06-18 10:38 PM
    Like I said it's old news. Interested in the 4/64 Black Edition.

Let it go........ it's going to be ok.
    I've answered your question twice already.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-06-18 10:50 PM
    I've answered your question twice already.
    Not so much
    And I would like to hear from others also
    10-06-18 11:23 PM
    As an interesting side-note, 134 out of the 308 smartphones released in 2018 have 3GB of ram or less (44%).

88 of those have 2GB or less (29%).
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-06-18 11:46 PM
    I owned several silver KEYones and one Black Edition and that one definitely can keep a few more apps open at once. I really liked that phone and I regret selling it now, but I did miss the chrome frets while I was using it.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-07-18 02:55 AM
    KEYone is much faster with OREO
    10-07-18 03:27 AM
    You commented that no one had really posted about the difference between two. Later you're asking people, almost suggesting, what you want to hear. My point for my use is that it gets the job done for me.

Like everything here on CB, subjective opinions aren't very helpful to anybody if not put into perspective. I've only heard a few people complain about 3/32 and never understood their complaints. Not saying they're not true, just saying I've had no issues. People don't generally come here to praise as much as to complain.

If you think 3/32 isn't enough for you so be it. None of us have any clue about your specific usage. I'm sure which apps used, not just number used, impacts performance. I've figured you've been looking between 4/64 and 6/64 anyways so who cares about 3/32 in that matter. It's Android, hell it's technology, so isn't the rule, buy the most you can afford to last the longest.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-07-18 04:55 AM
    You commented that no one had really posted about the difference between two. Later you're asking people, almost suggesting, what you want to hear. My point for my use is that it gets the job done for me.

Like everything here on CB, subjective opinions aren't very helpful to anybody if not put into perspective. I've only heard a few people complain about 3/32 and never understood their complaints. Not saying they're not true, just saying I've had no issues. People don't generally come here to praise as much as to complain.

If you think 3/32 isn't enough for you so be it. None of us have any clue about your specific usage. I'm sure which apps used, not just number used, impacts performance. I've figured you've been looking between 4/64 and 6/64 anyways so who cares about 3/32 in that matter. It's Android, hell it's technology, so isn't the rule, buy the most you can afford to last the longest.

Actually I said that I could not find a specific thread dealing with the difference. Even though the title says "VS", my explanation of why I created the thread is focused on the keyone black edition.

With Conite so determined to prove my opinion of the Keyone silver 3GB to be wrong it is still my opinion thus I tried a few times to redirect.

I have done my research inside and outside of CB to come to my conclusions regarding the Keyone silver 3GB and again I am not here to start a debate about that model nor do I wish to continue.

In my first post it's clearly says:
    "how has the extra 4GB of ram helped and has anyone had any ongoing lag issues.

What if any problems with the Keyone Black Edition have you had and what are the pros to be mentioned?"

If you two ever get that phone I would love to hear your experience with it or anyone else's.
    10-07-18 07:09 AM
    I do suppose I should have been more clear in my title. The reason I made that title is so if anyone wanted to share their experiences with both it is welcome. I, on the other hand have done my research and do not wish to push my opinion regarding the Keyone SE on anyone. I offer my opinion and leave it best I can.
    10-07-18 07:27 AM
    I do suppose I should have been more clear in my title. The reason I made that title is so if anyone wanted to share their experiences with both it is welcome. I, on the other hand have done my research and do not wish to push my opinion regarding the Keyone SE on anyone. I offer my opinion and leave it best I can.
    Honestly if your budget allows it, then why not pick up the Black Edition ? It can only be better than the Silver one, unless you really prefer the looks of the latter.

Personally, the only thing that has me leaning towards the K1 SE are the chrome frets and rear logo in Grey. Aside from that, everything about the BE is better
    skrble likes this.
    10-07-18 07:55 AM
    And, once again, the ONLY difference with the extra 1GB is the ability to have more apps running simultaneously. The end.

Your own, personal workflow and app mix will determine whether it's a worthwhile upgrade.
    10-07-18 08:17 AM
    And, once again, the ONLY difference with the extra 1GB is the ability to have more apps running simultaneously. The end.

Your own, personal workflow and app mix will determine whether it's a worthwhile upgrade.
    I understand full well what extra ram accomplishes my friend, I am seeking real world experience with the device Thank you.
    10-07-18 08:35 AM
    I understand full well what extra ram accomplishes my friend, I am seeking real world experience with the device Thank you.
    With all sincerity, if you fully understood, you wouldn't need to ask the question.

If you're the kind of person who likes to have a lot of apps open, and/or enjoys flipping between them without refresh, get as much ram as possible.

Some people are fine with 2GB. Others insist on 6GB.

If you are asking for opinions from others, you will also need their entire app mix, workflow preferences, and memory logs.
    Last edited by conite; 10-07-18 at 09:06 AM.
    10-07-18 08:54 AM
    With all sincerity, if you fully understood, you wouldn't need to ask the question.

If you're the kind of person who likes to have a lot of apps open, and/or enjoys flipping between them without refresh, get as much ram as possible.

Some people are fine with 2GB. Others insist on 6GB.

If you are asking for opinions from others, you will also need their entire app mix, workflow preferences, and memory logs.
    If you understood fully how paper doesn't always translate to real world you wouldn't have to be so sincere. According to all the reviews I've seen the Moto Z Play which has the same specs as the Keyone Silver Edition and the results were much different. The Moto Z Play had no reports of slowing over time due to not being shackled by such a heavy UI as the Keyone.

This is the reason I like to have real world experience shared. I can speculate all I want as you do with the information given but that is from only one source. I welcome all information so that I can collect it and brew up my own interpretation and understand better how it will fit my expectations. Yes I could buy the phone to find out but it's much easier and cheaper to gather information first.

Oh and to all interested feel free to share your entire app mix, workflow preferences, and memory logs lol.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    10-07-18 11:14 AM
136 123 ...