I've got a really weird situation I have been loving my original KeyOne 32GB but, it's been running really slow so, time to change out. Last year I brought the really cool Bblack edition 64GB and was looking forward to transferring all my data from one KEYONE to the new one. I thought it would be really easy and it's turned out to be a nightmare! I bought both phones from Amazon sellers and it turned out the black edition was made for the India marketplace and might not be compatible for the US. I've spent hours with the BB/TCL person on the phone today trying to transfer everything and only photos migrated over. No contacts, texts, etc. We tried using the google cloud over and over and then touching the devices all no go. I now looked at the brand new box and see the MRP was in Indian Rupees.
    Should I just give up and throw it in a drawer? Amazon was no help at all because it was well past their send back time.
    Help!
    03-27-21 08:06 PM
    I've got a really weird situation I have been loving my original KeyOne 32GB but, it's been running really slow so, time to change out. Last year I brought the really cool Bblack edition 64GB and was looking forward to transferring all my data from one KEYONE to the new one. I thought it would be really easy and it's turned out to be a nightmare! I bought both phones from Amazon sellers and it turned out the black edition was made for the India marketplace and might not be compatible for the US. I've spent hours with the BB/TCL person on the phone today trying to transfer everything and only photos migrated over. No contacts, texts, etc. We tried using the google cloud over and over and then touching the devices all no go. I now looked at the brand new box and see the MRP was in Indian Rupees.
    Should I just give up and throw it in a drawer? Amazon was no help at all because it was well past their send back time.
    Help!
    I believe Android is pretty similar across the globe. Just factory reset and check USA for the right default country. If USA isn’t a choice, just list it for sale and you’ll recoup some of your money.
    03-28-21 09:00 AM
    Did you try the content transfer app as one option.
    03-28-21 08:53 PM
    Help!
    Your photos probably came over because they were syncing with Google Photos, thus syncing over when you signed in with your Google account. You should export your contacts to your Google account too, and let them sync seamlessly across devices in the same manner.
    Go to settings, system, backup, and tap on backup now on your old KeyOne. Let it do a full backup.
    Then do a factory reset on your new KeyOne, and then while you're going through the setup you'll be asked if you want to restore a backup from Google. Select this option and let it restore.

What carrier are you on? If you're on AT&T you might get your account frozen if you switch your SIM to your new phone, as others have reported happened to them.
    Other than that the Indian model should work ok in the US, just be careful with the power button - a triple press will dial emergency service the quick way.
    03-28-21 09:38 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your help! Believe it or not, Amazon where I bought the phone agreed to give me a full refund even though it's been almost 1 1/2 years since I originally purchased the phone which was really great of them. So, I just kept on trying and trying to get everything over to the new Black KEYONE just for fun knowing I was returning it anyway when all of a sudden EVERYTHING started moving over very quickly! I could believe my eyes!! And just like that my Indian phone is working perfectly! I'm wondering if my older KEYONE which has been having a number of glitches recently was the cause and not the new phone. Anyway, I. ow have to call Amazon and tell them I won't be returning the phone. Thanks again!
    03-28-21 11:02 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your help! Believe it or not, Amazon where I bought the phone agreed to give me a full refund even though it's been almost 1 1/2 years since I originally purchased the phone which was really great of them. So, I just kept on trying and trying to get everything over to the new Black KEYONE just for fun knowing I was returning it anyway when all of a sudden EVERYTHING started moving over very quickly! I could believe my eyes!! And just like that my Indian phone is working perfectly! I'm wondering if my older KEYONE which has been having a number of glitches recently was the cause and not the new phone. Anyway, I. ow have to call Amazon and tell them I won't be returning the phone. Thanks again!
    I'd still send it back.

While it does have the same bands as the BBB100-1 used in the US market, it's not FCC approved and thus it's IMEI numbers aren't going to be. Others have been limited to basic usage without more advance features like WIFI calling, Hotspots..... And with this switching off of 3G and VoLTE requirements, some carriers are getting stricter on their BYOD options.
    03-29-21 09:57 AM
    Well, I don't have to send it back to Friday. I sure like it now...Is there anyway you guys can tell if it would be compatible to my T-Mobile in the US based on the following specs I found on Amazon India; HSPA+ (B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B8), Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 4G VoLTE, FD-LTE (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B28, B29, B30), TD-LTE (B38, B39, B40, B41)....I really don't know what it all means
    03-29-21 08:17 PM
    Well, I don't have to send it back to Friday. I sure like it now...Is there anyway you guys can tell if it would be compatible to my T-Mobile in the US based on the following specs I found on Amazon India; HSPA+ (B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B8), Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 4G VoLTE, FD-LTE (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B28, B29, B30), TD-LTE (B38, B39, B40, B41)....I really don't know what it all means
    Where it will probably lose functionality is after 3G is turned off since carriers don’t and won’t have to support VoLTE access for the device. It’s already happening with TCL version non-carrier sold devices. Cheating death once is lucky. Cheating death twice isn’t likely....
    03-29-21 10:53 PM
    So would that mean if I did keep it some day soon I could be in another US city or in London or Rome and then no service or dropped calls or no reception in some buildings?
    03-30-21 12:47 AM