A short and precise question. I currently have SGS 9 but I am irritated by continuous charging. Does K1 on Oreo work as well as before the upgrade and is it profitable to buy it yet?
    03-19-19 04:29 AM
    Depends on if you think security patches are important or not.

As a phone a KEYone will last years and years.

As a patched and secure Android device..... it's got anywhere from a few months (officially), to a little over a year (expected).

Profitable to buy... no. More economical.... maybe.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    03-19-19 07:23 AM
    My BE is now a year old. going strong and love it.
    03-19-19 08:17 AM
    A short and precise question. I currently have SGS 9 but I am irritated by continuous charging. Does K1 on Oreo work as well as before the upgrade and is it profitable to buy it yet?
    Absolutely not!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-19 09:19 AM
    Buy the Black Edition. The difference in price on Amazon is about $20.
    03-19-19 09:25 AM
    if you check the various BlackBerry forums many people reporting issues with the quality build of the BlackBerry phones today Since manufacturing has been switched to TLC. When BlackBerry were in the manufacturing business themselves the quality was of a much higher standard.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-19 12:13 PM
    I have to say the battery life is amazing, the hype is real
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-19-19 01:22 PM
    ... When BlackBerry were in the manufacturing business themselves the quality was of a much higher standard.
    Respectfully, BB has always had production problems. We just conveniently forget them today. Let's not forget screen problems, faulty keyboards and backlighting, WiFi problems, overheating, unpainted buttons, etc.

Regarding the original question: I would get 4/64. However, if you are on AT&T, it is best to get carrier-locked device for VoLTE (WiFi calling and LTE-A will be unavailable though).
    03-19-19 01:30 PM
    if you check the various BlackBerry forums many people reporting issues with the quality build of the BlackBerry phones today Since manufacturing has been switched to TLC. When BlackBerry were in the manufacturing business themselves the quality was of a much higher standard.
    But the forums tend to get more negative results than positive... just from their nature of being a help site.

Reviews on retail sites still seem to be pretty good.
    03-20-19 08:01 AM
    I've had my Black Edition from launch day. It's still going strong but if you can afford a KEY2 that's what I'd go with. It's a KEYone but better in every way.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-19 08:13 AM
    I would suggest the 4/64 Black Edition KeyOne. It was available for sale here in NA last March. I picked mine up in January for 294 on Amazon less a 50 dollar gift card. It is a great device and the build quality is excellent. I replaced my S9 as I wanted to return to a PKB. I researched all Key devices and functionality and cost wise the BE came out on top for me. It has the same 4/64 as LE but has a capacitive keyboard, a arguably better camera and heft with materials I prefer. I have experienced excellent call quality and reception on T-Mobile and I have virtual voice-mail. It runs exceedingly well on OREO 8.1 and is on the February security patch. I turned on developer options and reduced animations to .5. To me the performance and battery life combination are damn near ideal for my usage. I don't game but for all other purposes of my smartphone usage the BE KeyOne has exceeded my expectations.
    03-20-19 08:35 AM
    It's okay. The battery life is great. The speed is going to be quite noticeable coming from a better device.

All depends on if you want the PKB really.

I used the device for about 8 months as my daily driver and really enjoyed it. Haven't stepped up to the 2 yet and am still undecided.

I think if I were you I'd probably look into the 2 or even the le as opposed to the 1 at this point.
    03-20-19 08:36 AM
    Profitable?

You expect your phone to give you more money back than what you spent on it?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    03-20-19 09:34 AM
    OP, what's your budget?

I would recommend the LE over the KEYone any day, even with the 500mah less of battery and no capacitive keyboard.
    03-20-19 09:39 AM
    I've had my Black Edition from launch day. It's still going strong but if you can afford a KEY2 that's what I'd go with. It's a KEYone but better in every way.
    Not in every way, e.g. no wifi calling in the US - although there is at least one complicated workaround and YMMV. Personally I would get a K1 at significant discount and hold out to see what the future K3 comes with; e.g., perhaps gestures support and no hard navigation buttons.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-19 10:21 AM
    what to get if PKB is required is a question of plan for longevity... key series ONE are already over a year and stuck at Oreo. TWO versions supposedly get Pie and processor/ram are a bit faster... I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ 3/32 replaced for screen pop and work fine... I have over 200 apps installed and a 400gb microSD card.

I open my windows laptop once every coupl'a months. I forgot where the switch is to turn on my windows desktop machine.
    03-20-19 11:44 AM
    one additional thought... keytwo will likely update to the new hub & hub+services crippled ...you will need to shut off updates in playstore for hub+, hub+services, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts so you can still get text messages and phone calls in the hub...
    03-20-19 11:58 AM
    Same here.
    03-20-19 12:42 PM
    one additional thought... keytwo will likely update to the new hub & hub+services crippled ...you will need to shut off updates in playstore for hub+, hub+services, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts so you can still get text messages and phone calls in the hub...
    Forever?

I think you have to accept that it's a change that users will have to live with..
    IceCreamPlz likes this.
    03-20-19 01:25 PM
    I dunt think so. A simple downgrade makes it work as it always did.

I wonder why BlackBerry makes out like it's google's fault...

I wonder who might kno exactly what version of hub+ had that cool inclusion of the texting directly to reply right in the app... they took it back off right afterwards ...I would be interested in getting that back up
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 03-20-19 at 04:08 PM.
    03-20-19 01:26 PM
    I dunt think so. A simple downgrade makes it work as it always did.

I wonder why BlackBerry makes out like it's google's fault...

I wonder who might kno exactly what version of hub+ had that cool inclusion of the texting directly to reply right in the app... they took it back off right afterwards ...I would be interested in getting that back up
    I updated my HUB and HUB services and I have call logs and SMS hx. All the update did, as far as I am experiencing, was delete former hx. Once the update was done SMS and call hx all started accumulating as it did prior. I like the new HUB update and UX. Especially swipe right and refresh at the bottom for accounts or "A" key while in the HUB and refresh at the bottom. A 1000 x better than having to reach up to the upper right pull down and refresh.
    03-20-19 11:55 PM
    It's okay. The battery life is great. The speed is going to be quite noticeable coming from a better device.

All depends on if you want the PKB really.

I used the device for about 8 months as my daily driver and really enjoyed it. Haven't stepped up to the 2 yet and am still undecided.

I think if I were you I'd probably look into the 2 or even the le as opposed to the 1 at this point.
    I own a S9 and the speed difference for most functions and apps compared to my Black Edition KeyOne is negligible. A all touch device is not a "better device" if one prefers to use a PKB.

For my needs the BE KeyOne with PKB, shortcuts and the best battery life on a mobile phone I have experienced is more efficient and useful.
    03-21-19 12:10 AM
    I bought a 32/3, then paid a little bit more online for the 64/4. It was about CAD$50 more but after 3 months I'm very satisfied having spent that extra little bit to have the extra storage and memory. I do get low memory warnings from time to time, I would imagine it's so much worse on the 3GB model.

I would recommend going Black Edition based on my experience. I never actually used the Silver and returned it to where I bought it when I received my Black and decided that that's what I was going to do.
    03-22-19 03:51 PM
    Get the Black Edition. The extra GB is much needed for Apps like Android Auto.
    03-22-19 03:58 PM
    I have the 3/32 K1 - I have never tried the K2 - but the K1 is a great workhorse - no issues at all you will like it OP!
    03-22-19 07:39 PM
34 12