That was a ridiculously long wall of text. I bet you are secretly frustrated, but just doing a lousy job at hiding it.

It's OK my man.
    Biggles likes this.
    04-19-17 12:07 AM
    I don't. It's a cell phone. In the scheme of the cyclical replacement of a phone 30 days is insignificant. I may wait until I can physically inspect one... or may not. The existing videos show a robust pleasing ergonomic device.

Posted via CB10
    Now this I agree with. While I am poking fun at yet another public perception screw up, it should be the phone I think it will be. Nice and ergonomically pleasing.

However, I do think with this price tag that BlackBerry/TCL might price themselves out of a market they could be in easily by wooing BlackBerry faithful. Meaning, if this device is released too late with that price, they will overlap too much with more newer devices in that price range.
    04-19-17 12:14 AM
    Hey bro, so someone for some reason wanted me to reply to your comment, so here I am...

"Sorry, but are we not allowed to be disappointed with how TCL / BlackBerry are handling this? I'm sick of all the sarcastic comments about people being 'children' or people taking the p*ss out of other peoples annoyance."

Never called anyone children, so not sure how to reply to that... And don't have a problem with anyone being disappointed by the delay. All of my comments have been simply about the overreaction/stressing out over it. Blood pressure, it's important, you can get dissections, or aneurysms if something as little as this causes you stress. I want the phone too, but I'm not going to stress over it. Come here, chat with people, have fun. I'm not going to stop joking about it because that's what I'm here to do, joke and have fun. Try to do the same is my advice to everyone. Not saying to love TCL and think they are awesome, I've never owned any of their phones, they could totally suck for all I know...

"At the end of the day, the information everyone was given when they unveiled this device was that it would be AVAILABLE early April.
    That date came and went with no news. Then we hear the phone is going into production at the end of April. That's it."

Correction, they never specified which part of April. The quote is "beginning IN April" not "beginning OF April." Big difference. But even then, they gave that date based on the information they had at the time. None of us have experience running a large business developing large quantities of devices to be sold to the public. Most companies do not have the capability to manufacture everything in-house (they can't all be Samsung you know, lol). So often times many key components (no pun intended, lol) have to be outsourced to other companies. Not saying this is the reason behind it, but just giving an example of what some of you may not have thought of. If that other company fails to deliver what is promised at the promised time, is that TCL's fault? Now on the other side of the coin many have said the lack of communication is more important. Well, if they still don't have a clear date on when that order will be fulfilled, should they throw out another random date? Or wait until they have something concrete? Or make up some lame excuse about demand being too high? Oh, not that last one... Dangit! LOL

Anyway, either way, like I've said, I've never owned any products by them, so I don't know how great of a company they are, but at the end of the day my point still stands, even if they have done everything wrong, why stress over it???

"Rather than do the smart thing, and keep their customers informed - hell, I'm not even talking about everyone - why not just the people who have expressed their interest officially on the website? - they have instead just kept quiet which is the reason why people are feeling a little deflated.
    It is also the reason why people (like myself) have ordered a different device that we know the availability of."

Deflated is being very kind. I know this is just text and you can't "hear" anyone, but from some of the comments here about it, some of you guys are losing your s--- over it... Like really taking this WAY too seriously. Like I can sense the stress and anguish, lol.

"I think the very fact that people are so angry is testament to the fact that people truly want this device. TCL / BB have done a seemingly great job building hype. People who were claiming BB were 'dead and buried' were coming out saying how interested they were in the KEYone but unfortunately, the company remaining tight lipped has undone that hard work and hype that was built at MWC."

Well, the reactions have been different depending on the source. Here on CB it's all "OMG!!!1" But a lot of articles have expressed interest in the phone and then basically mentioned the delay as a passing afterthought. I think those people are indeed interested or intrigued by the device, but they are not "anxiously" awaiting it like we are here on CB. They will likely judge the device once it's out, whenever that may be... (Get it? Whenever that MAY be?? Just kidding, I don't have any inside information, it could be June, but can't think of a way to squeeze that in...)

"In honesty, I don't think people are bothered that the phone isn't available yet, I think most of this frustration comes from the silence of TCL / BB. I think people would feel much more relaxed if they had come out and said the reason for the delay (such as production issues or quality control or whatever) and apologised along with giving a new rough ETA. Instead we just have these dates that keep being thrown about because they won't tell us anything concrete."

I think people would be much more relaxed if they would be... more relaxed... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't really let outside forces drastically change my mood so easily. I can remain relaxed as long as I want to be, even when things don't go my way. I visit CB to relax. Except right now where I'm typing this long reply to someone's comment because someone wanted to accuse me of being an BB apologist even though I've been critical of like 45 things and have been indifferent to this one thing... Logic (and math) escapes some people I suppose...

And come on, they told us why it's delayed, there's too many people who want it so they need to irritate you so less people will want it so their supply can meet the demand! lol

I don't know, it would be nice to get another ETA, but eh, whatever, I'll wait. What other choice do I have? Stressing over it won't make it arrive any sooner, so I'd rather just stay relaxed over it...

"I completely understand peoples frustrations and think that they need to acknowledge it to avoid alienating even the most loyal of fans, which has already started happening."

I could understand it too, but think you guys really should not let something like this frustrate you. I mean, much worse things could happen to you. If you're healthy and have a roof over your head, don't stress over a phone's release date...
    Hey. To be honest I think you are making a lot of sweeping accusations with your reply. Also, you mentioned the child thing - it wasn't you who had said that, I saw it in another post somewhere but weird you thought my reply was aimed squarely at you. It wasn't, it was a generalisation really.
    Anyway.
    The whole 'you guys really should not let something like this frustrate you' - well with the greatest of respect, who are you to tell forum members how they should and shouldn't feel about it?

At the end of the day, we're all BB enthusiasts. Most of us here have a passion for either all things tech, Blackberry, or a combination of the two.
    This is peoples passion and for some, their hobby. So some are going to be frustrated and that is ok. You posting that people shouldn't feel that way because 'worse things can happen' is of course correct, if a little obvious, but it doesn't stop people feeling ticked off at the way this launch is being handled.

Also, I don't care if TCL said beginning April, start of April, middle of April or end. They said April and it gave people the impression of April. This was pushed back - and that happens sometimes, I get it - but it was done in a not very official way. Like I said, why not just send a general email out to those who subscribed their interest in the device advising that it will not be available in April and they were working towards getting the device ready for May. I do not believe for a second that they don't know yet when they can start dispatching these. Sure, tweets about it are fine but not everyone is on Twitter nor do they follow this Steve character.

I don't think people on here can be scrutinised for hoping that when someone says 'April', they expect it in ... April! Ya know?
    Now it has been delayed but we don't know why. And we don't know when. So here's the frustrating element. You say 'what other choice do I have' - well there's a load of choice. Yeah, there's no other PKB choice so if that's what you're waiting on then waiting further is great. I'd do the same.

But I'm a tech guy, I love my tech. So rather than wait - because I don't know how long I'm waiting - I'll go and have a look at an S8, or a G6 because I can go and look at that in a store before it's available and I can put my preorder down and know when I will have it in my hands.

That's just managing consumer expectations and that's what businesses do. Unfortunately, TCL / BB have done a very poor job of this so far and regardless of who they're relying on for manufacturing or parts or software, they are a business and it is their business to understand the intricacies of that. The KEYone is not their first mobile phone in conjunction with another company. They've done this before and they have been doing it for a while so excuses cannot be made.

It all comes back to my original post really. I think those who are feeling deflated and frustrated are within their rights to be because TCL and BB have not done a great job with this. From the brilliant MWC where peoples hype was huge to now and it's all a bit in tatters. Even huge tech websites have pointed out the delay and how it is potentially damaging for them the longer they leave it.
    I appreciate there may be behind the scenes stuff that would make no sense to me causing this delay, but I'm looking at the bigger picture and the reality that people will go elsewhere out of boredom of waiting. The tech world moves too quickly for this to be happening because there will be a huge number of people on the fence about KEYone who will just look for info, see there is none and then go and get something like an S8 which is getting pretty much glowing praise across the board.

That's my feelings anyway. I just want to see them do well but even the most patient of people on this planet can understand the potential downfalls of this launch dragging on so long.
    gallopiton likes this.
    04-19-17 04:07 AM
    22nd May? Well purely from a selfish perspective I hope it's that date - tis my birthday after all!! The ultimate Birthday treat!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-19-17 04:41 AM
    It's just a phone....
    The word is not gonna end....
    Get a life....

All appreciated, but for me, I reserve the right to be annoyed by this endless chain of failure and delays.

I suspect a design or hardware problem. All other excuses that we were given are just plain BS.

I will be much more careful (considered?) before making a decision on spending my money on this product, than with any previous BB that I purchased. Desperate "it's worth the wait"-programs do no longer convince me.
    04-19-17 06:31 AM
    All preorders that where there in the Netherlands are gone. You can not preorder it anymore.
    I tried telling people none of the pre-orders were right but hey..

Pre-order pages from most folks are nothing more than ways to:

1) Get into Google, that way when the device becomes available they show up first.
    2) Judge the level of interest for any device, capture a few sales and help set their stock level expectations.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-19-17 08:07 AM
    TCL is keeping quiet because they want to avoid another situation where they told us April and now it won't be April. They don't know when they're going to launch this thing because they don't know when BlackBerry is going to finalize software. At least that's what I think.
    There have always been BlackBerry launches that were not considered "on time" as projected on the calendar and had to be moved back for one reason or another. So, I don't anticipate anything different. The last time I complained (not saying you are complaining) about a release was during the delays of the BlackBerry BOLD 9000. Even then, I simply waited it out. Patience......it's coming.
    04-19-17 11:26 AM
    I think I will be rocking one before June.... I may have to steal it.... But im gonna try.. Not sore at all. Lol
    Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-19-17 12:12 PM
    Lol. Maybe some vendor bought up all the 625s.

No wait, someone bought up all the PKBs. Lol
    I'd say between the two I'll go with the first, unless it was Samsung doing it just to screw with BB, lol.

04-19-17 12:13 PM
    I'll be a bit disappointed if the KEYone is not available before June as I will be taking a little vacation in Vegas and it would have been a good opportunity to try out the camera.

Not a big deal though, once it is released, I'll be getting it anyway. At which time, I'll have a Galaxy S7 to sell. May be a lot cheaper for people to buy it rather than an S8 or S8+, lol.

Has been amusing to read this forum tonight though.
    Bring a real camera and stop relying on your phone for photos... :-P

Biggles likes this.
    04-19-17 12:15 PM
    One thing i lknow that comparing hardware is much cheaper now and al new products that you can compare from Moto,Samsung with the same specs, bigger screen and more ram are around 250 euro. So how will they sell this for 600 euro. It's in my opinion only for the hardcore buyers who wanted to pay for this phone and that is it. They should make not to manny devices.

They need advertising and point out that Google saying that BB has the most secured android devices at the market, the must show they are all for privacy and also in messaging with BMM. We don't storage your information or get copyright on your pictures.

Get these things in the world and show the DTEK50/60 and the NEW KEYONE. People know they can choose in different price classes .

My opinion is they should sale dtek50 for 249,00 euro, the DTEK60 for 499,00 euro and the Keyone for 499,00. Get people on board and get some marketing going on.
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-19-17 at 01:10 PM.
    04-19-17 12:16 PM
    That was a ridiculously long wall of text. I bet you are secretly frustrated, but just doing a lousy job at hiding it.

It's OK my man.
    Lol, sure man. :-)

04-19-17 12:17 PM
    See lot of frustation.

Mine frustation in my Passport that is reseting and sometimes the keyboard stops working . I need a new device and like too have the KEYone, but I'm afraid my device will die . I allready thinking to by a new Passport but that is crazy when the Keyone is around the corner.

So I really like to know when it will comes out, if it take december that is fine than I know what to do. Get myself an Passport for 249 or buying a Z30 for 140 euro for the time being.

So we waiting or maybe
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-19-17 at 01:44 PM.
    04-19-17 01:22 PM
    Bummer, would've loved to see an early May release. Especially since I decided not to save up for an unlocked version. But hey, at least it's coming and probably in a better state than if they had already released it. Meanwhile, for those who've moved on... I'll keep moving with BlackBerry 10 until then

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 01:30 PM
    "Hey. To be honest I think you are making a lot of sweeping accusations with your reply. Also, you mentioned the child thing - it wasn't you who had said that, I saw it in another post somewhere but weird you thought my reply was aimed squarely at you. It wasn't, it was a generalisation really.
    Anyway."

Oh, I didn't think your comment was aimed at me. Like I've said, I replied to it because someone made a big stink about me not replying to it. Why? I have no idea man... :-D

"The whole 'you guys really should not let something like this frustrate you' - well with the greatest of respect, who are you to tell forum members how they should and shouldn't feel about it?"

And I'm not "telling" anyone to do anything. I'm offering my advice to you guys for YOUR benefit. I don't like seeing people get stressed out that could lead to health issues. Not health issues for me, for you guys. So my intention is to try to get you guys to lighten up and be more relaxed for your own benefit. If you want to turn that around as some "mean" thing evil slagman is doing, then hey, nothing I can say will change your mind...

"At the end of the day, we're all BB enthusiasts. Most of us here have a passion for either all things tech, Blackberry, or a combination of the two.
    This is peoples passion and for some, their hobby. So some are going to be frustrated and that is ok. You posting that people shouldn't feel that way because 'worse things can happen' is of course correct, if a little obvious, but it doesn't stop people feeling ticked off at the way this launch is being handled."

Again, just friendly advice because stress is bad for your health, but take it how you want to...

"Also, I don't care if TCL said beginning April, start of April, middle of April or end. They said April and it gave people the impression of April."

I never said if it was bad, good, right, wrong, etc. I merely made that correction as a statement of fact. You can decide how you feel about it on your own, but at least base it on fact and not a misinterpretation of what you thought you heard. Don't be like a certain other person here who seems to have an issue everytime I state a statement of fact with no emotion or opinion behind it...

"This was pushed back - and that happens sometimes, I get it - but it was done in a not very official way. Like I said, why not just send a general email out to those who subscribed their interest in the device advising that it will not be available in April and they were working towards getting the device ready for May. I do not believe for a second that they don't know yet when they can start dispatching these. Sure, tweets about it are fine but not everyone is on Twitter nor do they follow this Steve character."

Not really arguing this. Not sure which thread it was, but I have been joking about how useless that email sign up thing always is "unfortunately" is my exact description. So obviously I don't like that they always seem to handle it that way...

"I don't think people on here can be scrutinised for hoping that when someone says 'April', they expect it in ... April! Ya know?
    Now it has been delayed but we don't know why. And we don't know when. So here's the frustrating element. You say 'what other choice do I have' - well there's a load of choice. Yeah, there's no other PKB choice so if that's what you're waiting on then waiting further is great. I'd do the same. "

Well, notice I said *I* in there. I can only speak for myself, something I thought is obvious for what anyone says, but apparently I have to specify that...

"But I'm a tech guy, I love my tech. So rather than wait - because I don't know how long I'm waiting - I'll go and have a look at an S8, or a G6 because I can go and look at that in a store before it's available and I can put my preorder down and know when I will have it in my hands."

I'm a tech guy as well, but at the same time I don't belong to the "newer has to be better" bandwagon so I don't mind sticking with my Classic until the newer pkb phone comes out. I use an all-touch Android for work, don't want o use it as my daily driver, but again, that's just me.

"That's just managing consumer expectations and that's what businesses do. Unfortunately, TCL / BB have done a very poor job of this so far and regardless of who they're relying on for manufacturing or parts or software, they are a business and it is their business to understand the intricacies of that. The KEYone is not their first mobile phone in conjunction with another company. They've done this before and they have been doing it for a while so excuses cannot be made."

I have not made any judgments about them. I've never owned any phones by TCL, I have never run a company, so not going to pretend to know if they are doing a great job or a terrible job...

"It all comes back to my original post really. I think those who are feeling deflated and frustrated are within their rights to be because TCL and BB have not done a great job with this. From the brilliant MWC where peoples hype was huge to now and it's all a bit in tatters. Even huge tech websites have pointed out the delay and how it is potentially damaging for them the longer they leave it.
    I appreciate there may be behind the scenes stuff that would make no sense to me causing this delay, but I'm looking at the bigger picture and the reality that people will go elsewhere out of boredom of waiting. The tech world moves too quickly for this to be happening because there will be a huge number of people on the fence about KEYone who will just look for info, see there is none and then go and get something like an S8 which is getting pretty much glowing praise across the board."

I don't know, it seems like most of the articles I've read who mentioned the delay seemed to just mention it. None of the hysteria we see here, lol.

"That's my feelings anyway. I just want to see them do well but even the most patient of people on this planet can understand the potential downfalls of this launch dragging on so long."

That I can't comment on, no idea how this would all play out. It could be ok it could be terrible, no idea...

04-19-17 01:33 PM
    See lot of frustation.

Mine frustation in my Passport that is reseting and sometimes the keyboard stops working . I need a new device and like too have the KEYone, but I'm afraid my device will die . I allready thinking to by a new Passport but that is crazy when the Keyone is around the corner.

So I really like to know when it will comes out, if it take december that is fine than I know what to do. Get myself an Passport for 249 or buying a Z30 for 140 euro for the time being.
    I still have my old Q10 as a backup. I hope I never have to do that though.. lol

04-19-17 01:35 PM
    Hey bro, so someone for some reason wanted me to reply to your comment, so here I am...

"Sorry, but are we not allowed to be disappointed with how TCL / BlackBerry are handling this? I'm sick of all the sarcastic comments about people being 'children' or people taking the p*ss out of other peoples annoyance."

Never called anyone children, so not sure how to reply to that... And don't have a problem with anyone being disappointed by the delay. All of my comments have been simply about the overreaction/stressing out over it. Blood pressure, it's important, you can get dissections, or aneurysms if something as little as this causes you stress. I want the phone too, but I'm not going to stress over it. Come here, chat with people, have fun. I'm not going to stop joking about it because that's what I'm here to do, joke and have fun. Try to do the same is my advice to everyone. Not saying to love TCL and think they are awesome, I've never owned any of their phones, they could totally suck for all I know...

"At the end of the day, the information everyone was given when they unveiled this device was that it would be AVAILABLE early April.
    That date came and went with no news. Then we hear the phone is going into production at the end of April. That's it."

Correction, they never specified which part of April. The quote is "beginning IN April" not "beginning OF April." Big difference. But even then, they gave that date based on the information they had at the time. None of us have experience running a large business developing large quantities of devices to be sold to the public. Most companies do not have the capability to manufacture everything in-house (they can't all be Samsung you know, lol). So often times many key components (no pun intended, lol) have to be outsourced to other companies. Not saying this is the reason behind it, but just giving an example of what some of you may not have thought of. If that other company fails to deliver what is promised at the promised time, is that TCL's fault? Now on the other side of the coin many have said the lack of communication is more important. Well, if they still don't have a clear date on when that order will be fulfilled, should they throw out another random date? Or wait until they have something concrete? Or make up some lame excuse about demand being too high? Oh, not that last one... Dangit! LOL

Anyway, either way, like I've said, I've never owned any products by them, so I don't know how great of a company they are, but at the end of the day my point still stands, even if they have done everything wrong, why stress over it???

"Rather than do the smart thing, and keep their customers informed - hell, I'm not even talking about everyone - why not just the people who have expressed their interest officially on the website? - they have instead just kept quiet which is the reason why people are feeling a little deflated.
    It is also the reason why people (like myself) have ordered a different device that we know the availability of."

Deflated is being very kind. I know this is just text and you can't "hear" anyone, but from some of the comments here about it, some of you guys are losing your s--- over it... Like really taking this WAY too seriously. Like I can sense the stress and anguish, lol.

"I think the very fact that people are so angry is testament to the fact that people truly want this device. TCL / BB have done a seemingly great job building hype. People who were claiming BB were 'dead and buried' were coming out saying how interested they were in the KEYone but unfortunately, the company remaining tight lipped has undone that hard work and hype that was built at MWC."

Well, the reactions have been different depending on the source. Here on CB it's all "OMG!!!1" But a lot of articles have expressed interest in the phone and then basically mentioned the delay as a passing afterthought. I think those people are indeed interested or intrigued by the device, but they are not "anxiously" awaiting it like we are here on CB. They will likely judge the device once it's out, whenever that may be... (Get it? Whenever that MAY be?? Just kidding, I don't have any inside information, it could be June, but can't think of a way to squeeze that in...)

"In honesty, I don't think people are bothered that the phone isn't available yet, I think most of this frustration comes from the silence of TCL / BB. I think people would feel much more relaxed if they had come out and said the reason for the delay (such as production issues or quality control or whatever) and apologised along with giving a new rough ETA. Instead we just have these dates that keep being thrown about because they won't tell us anything concrete."

I think people would be much more relaxed if they would be... more relaxed... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't really let outside forces drastically change my mood so easily. I can remain relaxed as long as I want to be, even when things don't go my way. I visit CB to relax. Except right now where I'm typing this long reply to someone's comment because someone wanted to accuse me of being an BB apologist even though I've been critical of like 45 things and have been indifferent to this one thing... Logic (and math) escapes some people I suppose...

And come on, they told us why it's delayed, there's too many people who want it so they need to irritate you so less people will want it so their supply can meet the demand! lol

I don't know, it would be nice to get another ETA, but eh, whatever, I'll wait. What other choice do I have? Stressing over it won't make it arrive any sooner, so I'd rather just stay relaxed over it...

"I completely understand peoples frustrations and think that they need to acknowledge it to avoid alienating even the most loyal of fans, which has already started happening."

I could understand it too, but think you guys really should not let something like this frustrate you. I mean, much worse things could happen to you. If you're healthy and have a roof over your head, don't stress over a phone's release date...
    Dude.... Wow. Lmao.. Let it goooooo
    04-19-17 02:48 PM
    10 paragraphs lmao....
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone 22nd May for UK-55565.jpg  
    04-19-17 02:52 PM
    It kinda is Clove's fault. They were the ones advertising the product that did not have a firm release date from the manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    It IS Clove's fault and other news media outlets who misread the 5th tweet in a series of 6 as May 5th. Part BlackBerry Mobile's CEO's fault too for a poorly worded tweet to end on a month and then have a tweet number after the month which if someone were to JUST read that 1 tweet would certainly read it as May 5th, not as May. Tweet number 5, as he intended! lol Perhaps blame is shared.
    04-19-17 03:08 PM
    Dude.... Wow. Lmao.. Let it goooooo
    LMAO, so I didn't reply to the comment "oohh, slagman didn't reply to that comment!!!" I reply to it "oohhh, you typed too much!!"

Damned if you do damned if you don't, lol. These forums are so awesome that way, entertainers everywhere, hahaha. 😂

anon(3641385) and keefrto like this.
    04-19-17 04:18 PM
    Riiight. Big interest in privacy and security of a consumer device made by an unestablished foreign provider. I wonder what US agency that might be.
    Especially with country origin...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 07:29 PM
    10 paragraphs lmao....
    I counted 16.
    04-19-17 08:17 PM
    I counted 16.
    I don't know if it's like the schools don't teach you guys good counting skills or logic, or both, but I wonder when either of you would realize that half of that are quotes from another post... I mean, they have these little things: "" around them. Thought it would have been obvious enough. But I guess I really shouldn't expect too much now-a-days... LMAO
    anon(3641385) and mister2d like this.
    04-19-17 09:34 PM
    I don't know if it's like the schools don't teach you guys good counting skills or logic, or both, but I wonder when either of you would realize that half of that are quotes from another post... I mean, they have these little things: "" around them. Thought it would have been obvious enough. But I guess I really shouldn't expect too much now-a-days... LMAO
    So they should counted around 8 paragraphs only right?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 09:39 PM
    I'm enjoying my beer.

Oops, wrong thread.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-19-17 09:53 PM
132 ... 23456