Unbelievable, they really are a joke! Just had this message from Clove in the UK! Blackberry such a let down.

"Thank you for your recent interest in the BlackBerry KEYone.

Until today we have been promoting BlackBerry's message that the first stock will be with us on May 5th.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, BlackBerry have now moved this to the week commencing May 22nd.

We appreciate this may be disappointing, however are committed to providing all updates to you in a timely manner, and assure you that Clove Technology will be shipping all orders as soon as stock is made available to us

Thank you for your time and we look forward to shipping KEYone orders soon

The Clove Technology Sales Team. "

Posted via CB10
    clkgtr37 likes this.
    04-18-17 08:28 AM
    Unbelievable, they really are a joke! Just had this message from Clove in the UK! Blackberry such a let down.

"Thank you for your recent interest in the BlackBerry KEYone.

Until today we have been promoting BlackBerry's message that the first stock will be with us on May 5th.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, BlackBerry have now moved this to the week commencing May 22nd.

We appreciate this may be disappointing, however are committed to providing all updates to you in a timely manner, and assure you that Clove Technology will be shipping all orders as soon as stock is made available to us

Thank you for your time and we look forward to shipping KEYone orders soon

The Clove Technology Sales Team. "

Posted via CB10
    got the same note today.

I have a prepaid preorder since March 18th.

I was thinking of cancelling, but it's not clove fault, at least they sent a note to customers.
    04-18-17 08:36 AM
    Yea it's not Cloves fault in the slightest. They can only relay the information from Blackberry or TCL. I'm glad I did not pay after I preordered though.

Blackberry have really dropped the hype ball with this one. I'll still get the phone eventually but I feel they have lost customers who would have bought right after MWC.

Shame.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 08:40 AM
    It kinda is Clove's fault. They were the ones advertising the product that did not have a firm release date from the manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 08:41 AM
    OMG!!!!!11 We're all going to die!!!!!!1

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-18-17 08:49 AM
    OMG!!!!!11 We're all going to die!!!!!!1

Eventually we all do, but in the meantime moved on to s8.
    04-18-17 08:52 AM
    Eventually we all do, but in the meantime moved on to s8.
    Studies prove that 100% of people who breathe oxygen eventually die. Oxygen is poison, lol.

Enjoy your S8. I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket that I have to spend on a phone by a deadline, so I'll wait.

keyboardweeb and Blacklatino like this.
    04-18-17 08:56 AM
    KEYone is worth the wait believe me! after being lucky enough to try it at MWC2017 launch.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-18-17 09:02 AM
    I'm sure it is worth the wait! It's just frustrating it's been such a long wait already, but is now even longer.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 09:12 AM
    I don't think it is burning a hole in your pocket. I think it is just how unreliable all things Blackberry has become. Even with this new licensing model the new Blackberry is delayed. At some point you just say move on.
    04-18-17 09:12 AM
    At this point, I'd be thrilled to get a KEYone in the states by May 22nd. At least you have a date. My worry is that Chen's comment of being "after May" will become a reality. At this point, what's another 33 +/- days.
    04-18-17 09:20 AM
    My Passports (OG and SE), which I have had since launch, are perfectly functional. I'm happy to wait for the release in North America.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 09:26 AM
    What is with all of these sly comments about people being disappointed with the lack of information and release date being pushed back.

Sorry, but are we not allowed to be disappointed with how TCL / BlackBerry are handling this? I'm sick of all the sarcastic comments about people being 'children' or people taking the p*ss out of other peoples annoyance.

At the end of the day, the information everyone was given when they unveiled this device was that it would be AVAILABLE early April.
    That date came and went with no news. Then we hear the phone is going into production at the end of April. That's it.

Rather than do the smart thing, and keep their customers informed - hell, I'm not even talking about everyone - why not just the people who have expressed their interest officially on the website? - they have instead just kept quiet which is the reason why people are feeling a little deflated.
    It is also the reason why people (like myself) have ordered a different device that we know the availability of.

I think the very fact that people are so angry is testament to the fact that people truly want this device. TCL / BB have done a seemingly great job building hype. People who were claiming BB were 'dead and buried' were coming out saying how interested they were in the KEYone but unfortunately, the company remaining tight lipped has undone that hard work and hype that was built at MWC.

In honesty, I don't think people are bothered that the phone isn't available yet, I think most of this frustration comes from the silence of TCL / BB. I think people would feel much more relaxed if they had come out and said the reason for the delay (such as production issues or quality control or whatever) and apologised along with giving a new rough ETA. Instead we just have these dates that keep being thrown about because they won't tell us anything concrete.

I completely understand peoples frustrations and think that they need to acknowledge it to avoid alienating even the most loyla of fans, which has already started happening.
    04-18-17 09:26 AM
    We all knew that May 4/5 was very unlikely coming from the Tweets of Cistulli stating we'll only know more about the KeyOne in North America in May.

I'm just hoping that there are no more delays it's getting quite frustrating and becoming a joke now
    04-18-17 09:33 AM
    I don't think it is burning a hole in your pocket. I think it is just how unreliable all things Blackberry has become. Even with this new licensing model the new Blackberry is delayed. At some point you just say move on.
    I don't get why so many people say they have moved on, yet every day they are here reminding everyone that they have moved on... Are you guys expecting a certain response? Do you need our blessing? I'm just curious...

04-18-17 09:37 AM
    We all knew that May 4/5 was very unlikely coming from the Tweets of Cistulli stating we'll only know more about the KeyOne in North America in May.

I'm just hoping that there are no more delays it's getting quite frustrating and becoming a joke now
    452nd time this has been posted: Some retailers were showing the May 4, 5 date before the tweets.

04-18-17 09:39 AM
    What is with all of these sly comments about people being disappointed with the lack of information and release date being pushed back.

Sorry, but are we not allowed to be disappointed with how TCL / BlackBerry are handling this? I'm sick of all the sarcastic comments about people being 'children' or people taking the p*ss out of other peoples annoyance.

At the end of the day, the information everyone was given when they unveiled this device was that it would be AVAILABLE early April.
    That date came and went with no news. Then we hear the phone is going into production at the end of April. That's it.

Rather than do the smart thing, and keep their customers informed - hell, I'm not even talking about everyone - why not just the people who have expressed their interest officially on the website? - they have instead just kept quiet which is the reason why people are feeling a little deflated.
    It is also the reason why people (like myself) have ordered a different device that we know the availability of.

I think the very fact that people are so angry is testament to the fact that people truly want this device. TCL / BB have done a seemingly great job building hype. People who were claiming BB were 'dead and buried' were coming out saying how interested they were in the KEYone but unfortunately, the company remaining tight lipped has undone that hard work and hype that was built at MWC.

In honesty, I don't think people are bothered that the phone isn't available yet, I think most of this frustration comes from the silence of TCL / BB. I think people would feel much more relaxed if they had come out and said the reason for the delay (such as production issues or quality control or whatever) and apologised along with giving a new rough ETA. Instead we just have these dates that keep being thrown about because they won't tell us anything concrete.

I completely understand peoples frustrations and think that they need to acknowledge it to avoid alienating even the most loyla of fans, which has already started happening.
    This is the best post I've read in quite awhile. Spot on my friend!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-18-17 09:47 AM
    I don't get why so many people say they have moved on, yet every day they are here reminding everyone that they have moved on... Are you guys expecting a certain response? Do you need our blessing? I'm just curious...

No...no blessing required. Seems you have an issue dealing with people's opinions. All I expressed is with the BB10 debacle and now delay of the KEYone release some people are just giving up. I think the market has already made that clear. Relax...its just a phone buddy.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-18-17 09:48 AM
    I had the same message, ah well just have to wait a little longer, i'm sure it will be worth the wait.
    04-18-17 09:52 AM
    No...no blessing required. Seems you have an issue dealing with people's opinions. All I expressed is with the BB10 debacle and now delay of the KEYone release some people are just giving up. I think the market has already made that clear. Relax...its just a phone buddy.
    I have nothing against opinions. If you've moved on, then move on. I have no interest in getting a DTEK60 because I don't like all-touch, do you see me commenting in the DTEK60 subforum every day about why I don't like all-touch phones? I'm not saying that I don't want to see you here, you guys don't bother me at all. I'm wondering, for you and your own sanity, why you guys continue to visit a forum for something you've "moved on" from? I mean, are we THAT bored? I hope you change your mind about the phone because it's a very nice phone, but if you don't, that's fine, get what suits you the best. But why waste your time if you're not interested in it anymore??

And I don't understand the projection either. I'm not the one constantly visiting a forum for a phone I'm no longer interested in to remind everyone how uninterested I am in it. So I'm not the one who needs to "relax" lol. :-D

DolemiteDONS and Blacklatino like this.
    04-18-17 09:55 AM
    Chen shouldn't say anything more about this. It's TCL/BlackBerry Mobile's device to ship and it's theirs to market and sell.

BlackBerry Mobile, on the other hand, needs to communicate. It's not about me personally "needing" my K1 by a certain date. It's about me and many others here wanting this device to succeed so that we can have more PKB devices in the future. As the delays extend, and comms become more confusing, the probability of this device succeeding diminishes. They were building a nice little storm coming out of MWC; now they've let most of that go to waste.

It's a shame.
    Bure03, Dunt Dunt Dunt and FF22 like this.
    04-18-17 10:22 AM
    I understand people's frustration with the delay, I also understand being disappointed in zero communication about the delay or possible release. I would be happy to hear something, anything from any official source about why the phone was pushed back. I wouldn't care if it was because poor backlight on the keyboard or an issue with software. I would be happy to know they found something before release and were working towards fixing the issue so the release was smooth.

I check the forums because 95% of the comments on here are fun to read and some I enjoy responding to. Yes there are a lot of double threads, yes there are a lot of complaints but it's is just as easy to keep scrolling and move on. I'm hopeful for some official news/update before end of April.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    04-18-17 10:32 AM

This I agree with a hundred percent. I also got tired of the delays and pre-ordered the S8+.

Posted via CB10
    clkgtr37 likes this.
    04-18-17 10:35 AM
    This I agree with a hundred percent. I also got tired of the delays and pre-ordered the S8+.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I pre order a S8
    clkgtr37 likes this.
    04-18-17 10:39 AM

TCL is keeping quiet because they want to avoid another situation where they told us April and now it won't be April. They don't know when they're going to launch this thing because they don't know when BlackBerry is going to finalize software. At least that's what I think.
    FF22 and RK_BB like this.
    04-18-17 10:40 AM
132 123 ...