Hey,

i can get a KeyONE for 250€ right now and think this is a nice price. Last year i tried the KeyONE and thought it was pretty slow and had some lags while using it.
    I read that the Oreo Update did improve the speed of the phone, can you comfirm that?

I don't play games or such but i want a stutter free experience, especially while scrolling in websites and stuff..

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-05-18 02:54 PM
    Sure...Its a great phone. As for Oreo may want to do some research.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    08-05-18 03:46 PM
    Get the 4gb model. Don't buy the original 3gb version. Some Apps like Android Auto lag on the 3gb version.
    W6EOD likes this.
    08-05-18 03:57 PM
    Hey,

i can get a KeyONE for 250€ right now and think this is a nice price. Last year i tried the KeyONE and thought it was pretty slow and had some lags while using it.
    I read that the Oreo Update did improve the speed of the phone, can you comfirm that?

I don't play games or such but i want a stutter free experience, especially while scrolling in websites and stuff..

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Unless it's the 4gb version I wouldn't buy it.
    08-05-18 04:29 PM
    Hey,

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Firstly Oreo is not in general release as of yet, still in Beta being tested. I have found that there seems to be much better memory management and I don't need to keep clearing the cache (nor that they make it easy to do on Oreo!) and closing apps to avoid slowing down the phone.

A Keyone at 250 € is very reasonable for a new phone and I myself intend to use my Keyone Silver 3gb for at least another year. My wife gets the Upgrade to the Keytwo this year...
    08-05-18 04:46 PM
    I bought BE 64/4 a second time. Its just good. 2018 and contemporary. At the actual price point a no-brainer
    08-05-18 04:49 PM
    Hey,

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Your experience will depend on the phone you're coming from. I don't have a K1 (I have a K2) but I've used two other SD625 phones before and never felt that they stuttered. However, compared to my S7 edge, I could notice a very slight difference in performance. In real-life usage, that difference mattered little, especially compared to the gain in battery life from using the SD625 chipset.

If you like to leave a lot of apps open or want some future-proofing, get the 4 GB model. Oreo (when GA'd) is only going to make things better from a smoothness perspective.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 09:56 PM
    I don't think it's fast enough, especially if you use social media app like facebook, imgur, reddit or use google map.
    My keyone auto extremely lag and unusable a few minute a days, sometime when app update, sometime when just opening google map, etc.
    Multitasking in 4G Keyone is a joke compare to other older flagship. It unable to remember some app like chrome, reddit most of the time and sometime even light app like file explore, and I already did every possible solution if you ask me.
    And the perfomance when using newest version of chrome and fb getting worst with time.
    I have 4GB Bronze and i never used 3GB version. If anyone think keyone owner shouldn't use social media app because it wasn't meant for should grab BB10 device.
    Last edited by nguyendaovietnam; 08-06-18 at 12:57 AM.
    08-06-18 12:22 AM
    I would definitely recommend the KEYone black version.
    I had both silver and black and I can assure you that there is great difference in the performance. it's definitely worth the price difference.
    08-06-18 06:20 AM
    I have the KEYone 3GB version, over 100 apps and use Android auto everyday. I have zero lag, my battery and overall performance is fantastic. I use all social media platforms as well. Currently running 7.1.1 Nougat with no issues, looking forward to Oreo update.
    08-06-18 06:40 AM
    I have limited edition and it's fast enough for me
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    08-06-18 07:29 AM
    I also have a KEYone black edition. It's been a solid tank and no lag.

I obviously don't use Facebook and Chrome (which are huge resource hogs) but Facebook Lite and Firefox instead.

I can 100% recommend this device.
    08-06-18 08:01 AM
    I have a silver ketone running on android oreo. I do not suffer much lag at all. I have tested games like pub g and it runs ok on low graphics. it's not the best at keeping apps open in the background but that doesn't bother me in the slightest
    08-06-18 08:22 AM
    i have the k2 and perfekt optimized, but it still lags and makes pause. it is slow in starting Apps and changing them. it is not fast enough for 2018. sorry, K2 ist Gold this year but will suffer the Same in 2019
    08-06-18 08:57 AM
    i have the k2 and perfekt optimized, but it still lags and makes pause. it is slow in starting Apps and changing them. it is not fast enough for 2018. sorry, K2 ist Gold this year but will suffer the Same in 2019
    What apps are you running that make your KEY2 lag? Full Facebook? Chrome?
    08-06-18 09:58 AM
    I have a few problems with my KEYone, due to.its being an Android phone, but responsiveness is not one of them.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-06-18 11:36 AM
    Usage varies.... but many of the KEY2 reviewers that loved the KEYone, had to give it up as the S625 and 3GB of RAM didn't meet their needs.

OP if you can get a 4GB version and if you are careful on what's running... it might be fine.
    08-06-18 01:11 PM
    Maybe try out a Nova or Google launcher and other text and mail apps. Just as a test. I am wondering if the BlackBerry Suite is the problem. It could be a trade off . I do not own a Key so I can not say for sure.
    08-06-18 01:14 PM
    i use bb and Action launcher. Action launcher works little smoother. Hub and Facebook open and switching to crackberry App allready took too long
    08-06-18 03:11 PM
    Of course the KEYone is fast enough! Why a device should all of a sudden no longer be fast enough exactly one year after the date of purchase is beyond me.
    08-06-18 08:41 PM
    ive been using my keyone for a year. it's still damm fast. if it starts to slow down do a cache delete and get it running back to normal. have no issues with my phone.
    08-07-18 06:17 AM
    Just like android, do check and clean up frequently and yours will keep blazingly fast
    08-07-18 07:22 AM
    I have a Silver KeyOne, 3 GB. It works perfect.

Here's the deal. EVERY phone has lag (meaning there is some time elapsed between when you touch a prompt--button or screen--and when the intended objective--app or function--gets activated). The question is how immediately you want that objective to happen. Can you live with a nanosecond? A half second? A full second? Or what? I think the expectation that everything opens the split (nano)second you press a prompt is peculiar and is mostly just a version of marketed discontent.
    08-07-18 09:04 AM