Is there a more advanced Keyone due out anytime soon with:

* better processor;
    * more RAM;
    * better cameras;
    * better microphone;
    * better speakers; and
    * larger screen?
    We don't know much.

An earlier leak suggested a 660 SoC and 6GB of ram.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-28-18 07:33 AM
    Define "soon".... if in the next six months, yes.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-28-18 07:39 AM

* better processor;
    * more RAM;
    * better cameras;
    * better microphone;
    * better speakers; and
    * larger screen?
    Sorry mate, we in the dark, unfortunately keyone/bb leaks dont guarantee leak ad-dollars as the likes of summy or the other fruit company!
    03-28-18 07:58 AM
    wishlist for BlackBerry KEYtwo:
    - faster security patches and OS Updates
    03-28-18 08:56 AM
    wishlist for BlackBerry KEYtwo:
    - faster security patches and OS Updates
    Google Enterprise Recommended requirement is 90 days. Blackberry Mobile averages under 30. Still in the top three.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-28-18 09:03 AM
    Google Enterprise Recommended requirement is 90 days. Blackberry Mobile averages under 30. Still in the top three.
    Let me correct that.
    - faster OS Updates (we will get oreo when android 9 is released)
    And
    - simultaneously release for security patches

Im not a customer which is worth less than an american customer.
    I have a unbranded Keyone and there is really no difference which will justify this delay
    There is NO difference in the firmware.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-28-18 at 08:09 PM. Reason: language
    03-28-18 09:11 AM
    Let me correct that.
    - faster OS Updates (we will get oreo when android 9 is released)
    And
    - simultaneously release for security patches

Im not a customer which is worth less than an american customer.
    I have a unbranded Keyone and there is really no difference which will justify this delay
    There is NO difference in the firmware.
    P won't be officially release until late fall with the Pixel 3, and will slowly make its way to existing devices after that.

Your point about simultaneous security patch releases is well taken. It is a mystery why some regions seem to take longer than others. I would love to know all of the forces at work behind the scenes and how many are controlled by TCL.
    Last edited by conite; 03-28-18 at 11:46 AM.
    Hulk123, AuthCanuk and ppeters914 like this.
    03-28-18 09:16 AM
    P won't be officially release until late fall with the Nexus 3, and will slowly make its way to existing devices after that.

Your point about simultaneous security patch releases is well taken. It is a mystery why some regions seem to take longer than others. I would love to know all of the forces at work behind the scenes and how many are controlled by TCL.
    Nexus 3? Do you mean Pixel 3, seeing as how the Nexus 3 was released 7 years ago and the Nexus line is no more...
    03-28-18 11:45 AM
    Nexus 3? Do you mean Pixel 3, seeing as how the Nexus 3 was released 7 years ago and the Nexus line is no more...
    I did, yes.
    kwalker61 likes this.
    03-28-18 11:46 AM
    I did, yes.
    I figured. The Nexus 3 statement made me chuckle, "Here at Google, we demonstrate our commitment to legacy devices by pushing Android P to an outdated phone. You'll have to wait six months to see it on modern hardware, but trust us - it will be amaze-balls!"
    03-28-18 11:48 AM
    Advice: I would like to upgrade from my Passport SE to the Keyone black edition. Should I get it now from Amazon, wait for it to be on sale or wait to see if there will be an upgrade to Keyone?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-18 11:53 AM
    Advice: I would like to upgrade from my Passport SE to the Keyone black edition. Should I get it now from Amazon, wait for it to be on sale or wait to see if there will be an upgrade to Keyone?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone can answer that question for you.
    03-28-18 11:55 AM

* better processor;
    * more RAM;
    * better cameras;
    * better microphone;
    * better speakers; and
    * larger screen?
    Yes all that and also an even bigger battery can never have too much better life
    AuthCanuk likes this.
    03-28-18 12:34 PM
    "Better" is another word for more expensive. Be careful what you wish for.
    TCM01 likes this.
    03-28-18 01:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    How long do you want to wait?

Not sure BBMo will be discounting KEYones anytime soon... they build them as they need them so there won't be the normal BlackBerry write off with devices half off.

There is a new device coming... but timeline could be months with a launch and slow roll out. And it will be more expensive than the KEYone was at launch...

But if price isn't an issue, I'd wait three months and see what comes...
    03-28-18 01:28 PM
    May/June is when we'll see the KeyTWO. Cause it was the anniversary release date of the KeyONE, trust me on this!! We'll def have Oreo on it, but with how Google works, we probably wouldn't see P until Xmas 18 or at the latest Fall 19. They can't shoot themselves in the foot and release it on other devices that aren't Google Propitiatory, cause then how well they sell their own Google branded Pixel Devices if every other android was just as far up ahead on releases. Furthermore Pixel users are a niche crowd of basically beta testers and developers, who test out the developer previews and builds and report back with bugs and what not on the Google Products forum, now imagine if THAT ANDROID build was released to the General Public of every able android that could run it, android would die a quick death then from users fed up with beta bugs.
    03-28-18 08:52 PM
    My keyTWO wish list:
    4500mah battery
    BB Classic Bow-Tie Ribbon buttons (HECK Even a accept and decline call buttons on the either side of the ribbon)
    Or which is the way I imagine they'll go: Soft Home Keys (2 in 1 no more accidentally hitting those crappy capacitive buttons and a quarter inch more screen real estate, there's your bigger screen!)
    phuoc and DWonder like this.
    03-28-18 08:56 PM
    qi
    stereo
    16:9 slider
    dual sim
    amoled
    4-6+ram
    64-128 storage
    better heat management
    lag free
    03-28-18 11:34 PM
    I would love to see a PRIV 2. A slider phone would allow for a bigger screen. My old eyes always appreciate a big screen. Come on TCL let's do this!!!
    wldcrd and BBeast like this.
    03-29-18 12:15 AM
    If there will be KeyTwo I will take it just for the PKB itself. I chose Motion and to be honest I am missing physical keyboard...
    03-29-18 01:40 AM
    I would love to see a PRIV 2. A slider phone would allow for a bigger screen. My old eyes always appreciate a big screen. Come on TCL let's do this!!!
    Whenever I read that someone brings up the suggestion of a PRIV 2, I want to chime in and say I would love one as well. I don't know if/when it will become reality, but "we can dream, can't we?" My speculation is that if they were to decide to produce one it wouldn't be the next device, but in a year or so.
    03-29-18 02:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    03-29-18 02:38 PM
    Whenever I read that someone brings up the suggestion of a PRIV 2, I want to chime in and say I would love one as well. I don't know if/when it will become reality, but "we can dream, can't we?" My speculation is that if they were to decide to produce one it wouldn't be the next device, but in a year or so.
    I don't know if we are biased but it seems to happen an awful lot. Slider form is where it's at! People argue they want bigger screens, others that they want a physical keyboard and don't care what the screen size is... give the people what they all want - a new slider!
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    03-29-18 02:57 PM
    I don't know if we are biased but it seems to happen an awful lot. Slider form is where it's at! People argue they want bigger screens, others that they want a physical keyboard and don't care what the screen size is... give the people what they all want - a new slider!
    There's a reason why BlackBerry and none of its 3 licencees have touched that form factor with a 10' pole since the Priv in 2015.
    03-29-18 03:18 PM
58 123