I've only had the phone for a few hours so far but I think the swipe action on the keyboard to scroll up and down the screen is only built into the 2nd row of the keyboard...this might be why many reviewers have stated it's a bit laggy.

Anyone else notice the same?
    05-05-17 03:54 PM
    Interesting. I don't have the phone yet but perhaps this was their solution to prevent inadvertently hitting the 3 screen buttons.
    05-05-17 04:10 PM
    It definitely feels different to swipe scrolling on my PRIV so you could be right there.

Other observations...the frets are plastic and so is the top piece where the headphone jack is...not that it's hugely important as the phone feels sturdy
    05-05-17 04:27 PM
    I don't believe it's the case. Top three rows are all touch sensitive and when you enable cursor, you can see they all work going up and down.

I personally thing the keyboard itself isn't that grippy, hence Passport and PRIV functions better.
    05-06-17 03:30 AM
    Yes I have noticed something this. If you just try to scroll with the bottom two the scrolling does not work, just use the top two and it works a bit, use top 3 or 4 rows and it works fairly well.

To be honest I am getting used to it after a week but feel it could work better. I hope BB provide a patch for this. It does need it.

In landscape orientation the scroll function works wonderfully and is a joy to use.
    05-06-17 03:42 AM
    Yes I have noticed something this. If you just try to scroll with the bottom two the scrolling does not work, just use the top two and it works a bit, use top 3 or 4 rows and it works fairly well.

To be honest I am getting used to it after a week but feel it could work better. I hope BB provide a patch for this. It does need it.

In landscape orientation the scroll function works wonderfully and is a joy to use.
    Yes you can pretty much see that all rows scroll on landscape, except the last row. Perhaps the sensitivity is less or the travel is small in portrait mode.
    05-06-17 04:05 AM
    Yeah it's not a huge problem but you definitely feel that the scrolling area is much smaller on the keyone, especially if have come from the Priv
    05-06-17 05:27 AM
    On my K1, the three primary rows are completely touch-sensitive. As others stated, the easiest way checking this to use the phone in landscape mode, you can really check every single row of keys for touch sensibility. The last row is not capacitive, I guess with the fingerprint scanner built in to the spacebar, it simply was impossible to incorporate such sensors.

However scrolling works much smoother in landscape than it does on standard portrait mode, this especially accounts for flicking words, which is much more tricky than it was on the Priv.
    05-13-17 08:50 AM