Unfortunately, I still need to use my PRIV for many reasons due to current issues w my Keyone. Wow, what a difference in the PKB!!! I never thought the PKB w the PrIv was that bad, but now I hate it!

I think the Keyone PKB is perfect. I think they designed it right: start w the PKB, and work out...

This is what the Passport should have been, about 2-3 years earlier than Passport came out.

Sorry abt repeating headline.
    christenmartin and Bucky2016 like this.
    07-17-17 10:38 PM
    I totally agree that the physical keyboard on the KeyONE is amazing. I thoroughly enjoy using it!
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    07-17-17 10:40 PM
    i still miss my q10 keyboard. im so much faster on it.
    07-17-17 10:48 PM
    the new Keyboard is A1.
    07-18-17 05:13 PM
    i still miss my q10 keyboard. im so much faster on it.
    Q10 keyboard is great. The backlight is the brightest. But it lacks the new capacitive technology.

The KeyOne is my favorite BlackBerry keyboard and I've used them all. The Passport Silver Edition comes a close second.

Posted via CB10
    super_rigel likes this.
    07-19-17 06:54 AM
    Wait for the new software update on the keyboard.. That's what I call innovation.. I already got it as a beta member..
    07-19-17 06:57 AM
    Agreed compared to Q10, Passport and Priv....the pkb on the K1 is the best and just the right size not sure if you are having a good day program and the chef and
    07-19-17 08:41 AM
    Wait for the new software update on the keyboard.. That's what I call innovation.. I already got it as a beta member..
    Can you share any details?
    07-19-17 09:40 AM
    Q10 was my first BB device but when I use it now, the keyboard is unbearably tiny. I am much faster on Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 10:00 AM
    Sorry abt repeating headline.
    That's OK.
    I thought for one nasty moment the old double typing issue had cropped up on the KEYone....
    07-19-17 11:45 AM
    what is the keyboard software update?
    07-19-17 12:07 PM
    what is the keyboard software update?
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ro...uite-core-apps
    07-19-17 04:17 PM
    The Keyone seems to apply all the learning of 15 years or so by BlackBerry and the PKB and the operational shortcuts are the result of all those years of learning.

As for the PKB, the size and feel of the keys are ideal. They nailed it.

Passport was too wide to hold and operate in one hand. The PrIv PKB is bad: keys too small, push and reaction too week/thin, etc...it's a PKB, but probably the worst to use.

This one is a pleasure. Now w all the Android apps. Maybe a design flaw w the screen. a tad under optimal on some of the specs, but overall a terrifically conceived device.

the only structural design problem I experience is:

1) the space between the back triangle button and the word suggestion is too narrow, so I am often accidentally populating words when I'm pushing the back triangle. this problem is made worse by the fact that the row of triangle, circle and square is not illuminated; and

2) I hit the convenience key all the time by accident, so I've turned it off.

Seeing that most ppl have Blackberry devices for the PKB, kudos to them for finally nailing it while remembering and in pirating many of the functional and usability elements and shortcuts created such brand loyalty and we're learned over so many years and evolutions of devices.

My biggest structural complaint is that after two devices, ppl still say the speakerphone microphone (is it different than the non-speakephone mike?) is below BBRY's prior standards. They know their customers use the speakerphone often and the clarity has been great. I think they dropped the ball on specs / quality control on this.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 07-19-17 at 11:22 PM.
    07-19-17 11:09 PM
    Is this in reference to the VKB or do some of the features cross over. I can simply press "0" for microphone. Just curious.
    07-19-17 11:16 PM
    How do I send a bug report on Beta? The Keyboard speaker for voice text won't work and hasn't since the update. If I use another keyboard it works just fine.
    07-29-17 02:23 PM
    Had my cdma version for 2 days and loved everything about it except the (for me) too small keyboard. I prefer the "classic " size keys.
    07-29-17 03:09 PM
    keyboard is the only reason I still have this phone. no updates, little buggy.
    07-29-17 04:22 PM
    Sprint has the Keyones in store now. I was blown away by the quality! Solid build. Gorgeous... and the keyboard is better than I expected. It didn't feel crowded. I will be getting a Keyone and activating on my AT&T plan. I confirmed with the sprint rep that talk and data at the same time is not possible. Deal killer for me... but the KeyOne!
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-29-17 05:27 PM
    Doesn't anyone else have a problem with the layout of the keyboard? I sure do. The left alt and shift key should switch place, the $ key is a waste of space and the punctuation keys should be more like they are on a computer keyboard, in my opinion of course. When I switch back and forward from typing on my MacBook and K1 I always make the following mistakes: On the computer I hold in the shift key to get a comma, which then results in me typing the semicolon instead. On the K1 I constantly press the alt key when I meant to press the shift key and vice versa. I also accidentally used to hit the dictation (0) key often when typing, which is very annoying as deactivating that feature is slow as hell, until, of course, I understood that I could disable dictation in the settings.
    07-29-17 05:37 PM
    Doesn't anyone else have a problem with the layout of the keyboard? I sure do. The left alt and shift key should switch place, the $ key is a waste of space and the punctuation keys should be more like they are on a computer keyboard, in my opinion of course. When I switch back and forward from typing on my MacBook and K1 I always make the following mistakes: On the computer I hold in the shift key to get a comma, which then results in me typing the semicolon instead. On the K1 I constantly press the alt key when I meant to press the shift key and vice versa. I also accidentally used to hit the dictation (0) key often when typing, which is very annoying as deactivating that feature is slow as hell, until, of course, I understood that I could disable dictation in the settings.
    You can change it in your settings I believe.
    07-29-17 06:51 PM
    You can change it in your settings I believe.
    Hmm, I didn't actually notice that symbol layout setting. I just tried it, though, and it doesn't seem to work for the physical keyboard, or maybe I missed something... I'd have to experiment further. However there doesn't appear to be any option for switching alt and shift - which is my biggest annoyance.

EDIT: It only seems to work for the symbol key layout, so not really that useful...
    07-29-17 07:15 PM