Not sure what the multitask manager section is called in android but multiple times I've have went there to switch to an app only to realize it's not open yet, so naturally I hit my keyboard shortcut to open it but nothing happens. I have to go to the home screen hit the shortcut to open the app. Shortcuts should be active in the app switcher screen
    03-13-18 12:56 AM
    Not sure what the multitask manager section is called in android but multiple times I've have went there to switch to an app only to realize it's not open yet, so naturally I hit my keyboard shortcut to open it but nothing happens. I have to go to the home screen hit the shortcut to open the app. Shortcuts should be active in the app switcher screen
    It's all two steps, either app switch screen or go to home screen before hit the keyboard. Don't see any difference. As name suggests, app switch is there to switch the apps already opened.
    03-13-18 03:05 AM
    Agree - PKB shortcuts should work in app switcher.

@Fred Wu - no, it is not the same. If PKB shortcuts did work in app switcher you skip one step.
    03-13-18 03:19 AM
    Agree - PKB shortcuts should work in app switcher.

@Fred Wu - no, it is not the same. If PKB shortcuts did work in app switcher you skip one step.
    I tend to hit the shortcut even in the app switcher then annoyed it doesn't work. So for me it's 1 failed attempt, 1 step to home screen then I can use the shortcut which is 2 extra steps
    03-13-18 03:38 AM
    It's all two steps, either app switch screen or go to home screen before hit the keyboard. Don't see any difference. As name suggests, app switch is there to switch the apps already opened.
    The app switcher does more than switch apps, for example it can close apps. Adding extended PKB features to the app switcher to open apps via existing set up shortcuts doesn't seem unreasonable.
    03-13-18 03:48 AM
    I tend to hit the shortcut even in the app switcher then annoyed it doesn't work. So for me it's 1 failed attempt, 1 step to home screen then I can use the shortcut which is 2 extra steps
    That's user error.
    Instead on pressing the app switcher button (the square one) press the Home button (the circle button) and then use whatever keyboard short cut you want to. Simple.
    Will take a couple of days to get used to but after that it will just one step.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-13-18 04:05 AM
    That's user error.
    Instead on pressing the app switcher button (the square one) press the Home button (the circle button) and then use whatever keyboard short cut you want to. Simple.
    Will take a couple of days to get used to but after that it will just one step.

It may be user error but you misunderstand where the error is. I click the square "App switcher" because I think the app is already opened so I want to switch to it. After seeing it's not open I automatically jump to a shortcut because in my mind it makes sense that shortcuts should work here. When it doesn't work I go through the home screen.

It doesn't happen all the time of course but I'm not trying to misuse the app switcher nor am I confused about how it works, I just think having added PKB shortcuts would not comprise the app switcher experience and would be helpful.
    03-13-18 04:22 AM
    It may be user error but you misunderstand where the error is. I click the square "App switcher" because I think the app is already opened so I want to switch to it. After seeing it's not open I automatically jump to a shortcut because in my mind it makes sense that shortcuts should work here. When it doesn't work I go through the home screen.

It doesn't happen all the time of course but I'm not trying to misuse the app switcher nor am I confused about how it works, I just think having added PKB shortcuts would not comprise the app switcher experience and would be helpful.
    My bad. Understood.
    Well till the time the functionality isn't added, I suggest stop checking whether the app is opened or not and always directly operate from the homescreen?

03-13-18 04:28 AM
    It's simple. If you are forgetting what apps u have open then don't bother with the square button at all. just press home then the keyboard shortcut every time.

That's two steps.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-18 08:56 AM