I already know the answer is that they do not offer that. That's actually not my question. A lot of people praise other Android launchers like Nova is one I've heard mentioned and others. They all sound nice, but one crucial feature they are missing are keyboard shortcuts. Do you guys think we will have any luck if we contact the developers of these launchers to see if they will add that feature? Even if it only benefits a small group or they can make it so full-touch users can pull up a virtual keyboard from the homescreen and long-pressing keys there could perform the actions as well.

I mean, I think it's a good idea for the developers and for us who might end up with Android phones with keyboards...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    04-19-16 05:52 PM
    Arguably small audience in a world where majority rules. Plus, you have to mention BlackBerry, which honestly will cause a lot of developers to dismiss you right away.
    04-19-16 06:57 PM
    I'm using Nova Launcher Prime and although no virtual keyboard shortcuts, they do have some pretty good customisable gesture shortcut options. E.g. two fingers up, two down , one up, one down, clockwise, anticlockwise, double tap, etc can all be assigned to any app or quick dial contact, camera, email app, calendar, music...it's pretty flexible.

Edit: also pinch in and pinch out gesture can be set to any operation or shortcut.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-19-16 07:15 PM
    Even if they have some small interest, they aren't going to buy a PRIV for testing. Does BB have public documents on how to incorporate PKB shortcuts in Android software?
    04-19-16 07:20 PM
    Even if they have some small interest, they aren't going to buy a PRIV for testing. Does BB have public documents on how to incorporate PKB shortcuts in Android software?
    That's a good question actually. But I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't public info out there because the physical keyboard is all the uniqueness that BlackBerry is bringing to the table with Android (in my eyes).
    04-19-16 08:11 PM