First off - Typing on the keyboard is the best thing ever. Picked up the phone yesterday and so far so good in regards to any issues.

With the keyboard shortcuts you can assign a letter to text / email / Whatsapp a certain individual - but for some reason you can't compose a BBM message to anyone in particular.

Am I missing something, or has anyone found a work around for this?

Thanks in advance.
    06-09-17 08:24 AM
    Yeah, ur missing BB10 experience. I tried out BBM on Android and to me it was the worst experience trying to figure out basic things. Everything is all over the place and doesn't even have a dark theme background. When you figure it out let me know...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:28 AM
    You can set typing to device search and with that you can type "bbm contact" from your home screen to launch a bbm to them. Not exactly what you were looking for though.

Edit: this doesn't work on android. You can text or email using this, but not BBM. Should have tested it before posting.
    06-09-17 09:42 AM
    I've had Android for the past 2 years, so I pretty much knew what to expect. Just find it odd I can direct message with every messaging app, except BBM - on a BlackBerry!
    06-09-17 09:44 AM
    Are you able to send a directed message with the stock messaging app? Because I can't for some reason.
    03-01-18 10:18 PM
    Sorry plz disregard my question.
    03-01-18 10:22 PM