I really like my K1 but the keyboard scrolling lag is starting to grate. I am wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?

On my K1 at least I would say it is not useable and I now exclusively use the screen to scroll which is annoying and negates for me one of the plus points to the PKB. This worked just fine on my PP and Priv previously.

Is this a hardware issue, a fault with my device or something that Blackberry may be able to fix via an update? It does seem worse on some apps than others so I am hopeful it is software, so far though it is ruining an otherwise terrific experience.
    05-30-17 02:28 AM
    How can an experience be terrific when problem arise?
    05-30-17 03:32 AM
    I find this varies by app.

Smoother on hub than chrome, and scrolling upwards is less responsive to scrolling down which is much smoother.
    05-30-17 08:48 AM
    Chrome is especially bad as is Facebook. Hub is better than most but imo still not as smooth as a Priv or Passport.
    05-30-17 09:25 AM
    Any Passport users can confirm? Is the keyboard scrolling similar to how it is on BB10 Android apps?

Because as we all know it's smooth as butter on native apps but stuttery and jagged with android apps. If this is the case with K1, then that's another huge reason to pass.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 10:42 AM
    Any Passport users can confirm? Is the keyboard scrolling similar to how it is on BB10 Android apps?

Because as we all know it's smooth as butter on native apps but stuttery and jagged with android apps. If this is the case with K1, then that's another huge reason to pass.

Posted via CB10
    Well on the PRIV it was never great to begin with
    05-30-17 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt you'll get much info here. Any time a new phone is released it takes a while for people to start discussing actual problems as no one wants to say anything negative about their device, especially this device which has a lot riding on it. Most people are going to give the "This phone is perfect" just like people did with the Priv. Once many more people get to use it you'll have a better idea on how it is truly functioning day to day after extended use.
    05-30-17 11:00 AM
    I think depends more on the app that keyboard itself. When using facebook sometimes the scroll continues even when you do not touch the keys.
    05-30-17 11:20 AM
    I dont know if its software or hardware related, but kb scrolling is unusable on my K1, much better screen scrolling, like I think it is on all the units.

But not a deal-breaker for me, I need kb for typing.
    05-30-17 12:22 PM
    I really wish a software update could improve things, but seeing as it behaves differently on different apps, it may just be how it is going to be.
    05-30-17 12:28 PM
    How can an experience be terrific when problem arise?
    Pls troll elsewhere dude
    05-30-17 12:44 PM
    Scrolling is absolute similar as with the PRIV but definitely not as smooth as on the Passport.
    You are getting used with it Working with the device about a week.
    05-30-17 02:23 PM
    For me , scrolling when the phone is horizontal is excellent , use it all the time , when vertical it's not the same as you cross the frets
    But still very useful 👍
    05-30-17 02:32 PM
    I am disapointed as well. The leg is not nice, especially the different behaviour when scrolling up and down (down is more sensible). The same is the double tap on the keyboard when you like to start editing text. It works very bad, you need to double tap quite hard and in a very specific speed between the two taps.
    05-30-17 03:01 PM
    I am disapointed as well. The leg is not nice, especially the different behaviour when scrolling up and down (down is more sensible). The same is the double tap on the keyboard when you like to start editing text. It works very bad, you need to double tap quite hard and in a very specific speed between the two taps.
    Loll yup sounds like the PRIV too!

Don't blame the boys at BlackBerry though they tried.

Google themselves are working on a new mobile os apparently lolll
    05-30-17 03:06 PM
    I just got this phone and came on the forum to see if I was the only one experiencing this. Almost unusable though I'll keep trying.
    10-22-17 10:02 PM