Hello guys, good to be part of this forum and nice to meet you all.

I bought my KeyOne last week and I've experienced lag when typing with it.

-I've disabled the hub
    -disabled the spell check and word suggestions and correction
    -disabled in dev options Window animation/Transition animation/Animator animation
    -I've replaced BlackBerry Launcher for Nova Launcher

I still experience occasional lag when typing, what else can I do?
    Last edited by Blemurdefender; 01-22-18 at 01:53 PM.
    01-22-18 05:53 AM
    Is the lag with any specific app?
    01-22-18 10:34 AM
    01-22-18 10:41 AM
    sorry for maybe stupid question, but I'm not good at such things. what is lag? i read many times about lag lag lag, i think my K1 works nice. maybe i don't know and my phone has many Mistakes?
    01-22-18 10:42 AM
    I disabled hub and set window animation 0.5 as well but I do get a lag sometimes when I switch my language to Korean.
    01-22-18 10:43 AM
    sorry for maybe stupid question, but I'm not good at such things. what is lag? i read many times about lag lag lag, i think my K1 works nice. maybe i don't know and my phone has many Mistakes?
    In matters of typing, lag would be when there's a noticeable delay in time between when you press a key and when you actually see the letter on your screen

Occasionally, I'll be able to type a couple of letters to a whole word before it appears on the screen
    01-22-18 10:51 AM
    In matters of typing, lag would be when there's a noticeable delay in time between when you press a key and when you actually see the letter on your screen

Occasionally, I'll be able to type a couple of letters to a whole word before it appears on the screen
    Thanks, my K1 really hasn't this kind of problems
    01-22-18 01:36 PM
    I must say I type 51 words per minute on my KeyOne according to https://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu
    01-22-18 01:50 PM
    I disabled hub and set window animation 0.5 as well but I do get a lag sometimes when I switch my language to Korean.
    I noticed a lag too when I use accents in French perhaps the problem is with foreign languages
    01-24-18 10:11 PM
    I noticed a lag too when I use accents in French perhaps the problem is with foreign languages
    It's worst if you use chrome + keyboard swap. Sometimes Google Chrome will crash and I have to force quit.
    01-25-18 10:43 AM
    It's worst if you use chrome + keyboard swap. Sometimes Google Chrome will crash and I have to force quit.
    I made a simple app such as "Google Keep" to take notes crash for the first time yesterday >.<
    01-25-18 11:23 AM
    I made a simple app such as "Google Keep" to take notes crash for the first time yesterday >.<
    I haven't used Google keep but did you also use French language to enter notes? I think 99 percent KEYone users don't even use 2nd language keyboard so it maybe overlooked by BlackBerry.
    01-25-18 11:46 AM
    I haven't used Google keep but did you also use French language to enter notes? I think 99 percent KEYone users don't even use 2nd language keyboard so it maybe overlooked by BlackBerry.
    Yes I also use French to enter notes
    01-25-18 01:10 PM
    I get the occasional stutter or hangup if I type a letter. It just hangs there before the cursor moves so the next letter shows up. Anyone else seen that?
    01-25-18 02:26 PM
    I get the occasional stutter or hangup if I type a letter. It just hangs there before the cursor moves so the next letter shows up. Anyone else seen that?
    Yup, quiet often.
    01-25-18 02:29 PM
    Me too.
    01-25-18 02:32 PM
    The Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (SD625) octa-core SoC with eight ARM Cortex-A53 cpu cores at up to 2 GHz should be powerful enough to handle something as simple as typing without lag/stutter

BlackBerry has some software optimization to do imo

I have the Black Edition with 4GB of RAM and on average I use 2.7GB of RAM.

Their next device with a PKB coming this year should come with 6GB of RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor which is almost as powerful. I won't even bother getting that device because I know deep inside my current KeyOne has more than enough juice to handle typing: things just need to be fixed eventually....hopefully....
    01-25-18 03:53 PM
    I jump between English and Japanese - No problems at all with English, but Japanese can feel slower - although not a problem for me as I write much slower in that language anyway.

So it it might be a language issue..
    01-25-18 04:29 PM
    I am in English only. It might be app related as sometimes the window will come up asking if the app should be shut down. Not consistently enough to draw a line through that as the cause.
    01-25-18 05:36 PM
    I've changed the following in Dev options:
    -Logger buffer size to 16M
    -Force gpu rendering
    -Force 4xMSAA
    -Disable HW overlays
    -Strict mode enabled

So far things seem to be better as I haven't seen my screen flash yet for long operations on main thread and I was able to type a long text without any stutter (but maybe I was just lucky)

Can anyone else try those settings and tell me if you notice an improvement?

EDIT: nevermind it just lagged again >.<
    Last edited by Blemurdefender; 01-26-18 at 06:02 AM.
    01-26-18 03:38 AM
    The issue seems to be with the physical keyboard. I haven't experienced lag with the virtual one yet. Can someone else confirm this?
    01-26-18 12:02 PM
    The keyboard lag is now gone for me after switching to SwiftKey. I keep on using the physical keyboard but with SwiftKey selected. There's a trade-off you'll lose the keyboard gestures but I think it's worth it.

So the issue seems to be with BlackBerry Keyboard
    01-27-18 02:29 AM
    I actually wonder if it is the word prediction slowing the KB response. Since the January update, I have noticed that the words appear and change much faster. Phone is zipper in general.
    01-27-18 06:19 AM
    I actually wonder if it is the word prediction slowing the KB response. Since the January update, I have noticed that the words appear and change much faster. Phone is zipper in general.
    I've noticed that a trigger for a crash to happen would be if as I'm writing fast and all of sudden I long press a key to choose an accented letter sometimes it would never show the choices

For example "finished" in French is "terminé" so if a stutter happens as I'm typing "termin" and I'm already long pressing the letter "e" while on screen all that is displayed is actually "term" then BOOM no response
    01-27-18 06:50 AM
    I've noticed that a trigger for a crash to happen would be if as I'm writing fast and all of sudden I long press a key to choose an accented letter sometimes it would never show the choices

For example "finished" in French is "terminé" so if a stutter happens as I'm typing "termin" and I'm already long pressing the letter "e" while on screen all that is displayed is actually "term" then BOOM no response
    Mine was also associated with typing fast but I never noticed the long press. I have only typed a few lines so too early to tell if update solved the problem.
    01-27-18 06:53 AM
34 12