Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi guys.
    This Past few days have happened to me some strange things, and now i am a lite worried.

The keyboard of my keyone happens that sometimes ( not often ) started to clean some words by himself like if i had use the Left gesture to Clean.
    I have disabled that option to not have more problems.
    But now, happens that my space bar sometimes when i click to give space between words, don't assume.
    Well normal it is not.
    Last edited by zsergio; 07-12-19 at 02:36 AM.
    07-11-19 06:49 PM
    Might try cleaning it with compressed air...

Factory Reset to rule out software....

Replacement keyboards are pretty cheap...
    07-12-19 08:30 AM
    Might try cleaning it with compressed air...

Factory Reset to rule out software....

$ 30 on eBay gets you a replacement keyboard assembly
    07-12-19 10:26 AM
    Anyone has experience replacing the keyboard? Just got my replacement in the mail but then what I find on YouTube (like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kBlBnRJ0pk ) seems to involve forcing things out of their place and possibly bending parts (like then "chin").

Just a bit afraid of breaking something.
    07-20-19 11:18 AM
    I has the same issue on my Indian BBB100-7. It appeared as though a ghost was manipulating the tracked functionality of the keyboard at random. It almost rendered the phone unusable, certainly for anything message related as you would speed through typing a message hoping it didn't auto-select other words or delete all of the message. Also the plastic surround came off my spacebar at about the same time, I glued it back on but there may have been damage to the ribbon cable.
    Anyway I bought a black and a silver fret replacement keyboard from eBay and had it installed when in Sydney for a weekend. $60 it cost me but saved on a lot of stress of popping panels off myself.
    Now I'm in love with the phone again and have the only black keyone with a silver fret keyboard that I've ever known of, I think it looks awesome.
    If you've got the ghost issue with the keyboard I'd say just replace it. Worked for me. If you are in need of a black keypad let me know I have that left over but was keeping as a spare.
    07-20-19 03:34 PM
    I saw that video and didn't do it, I just didn't need that kind of stress of removing things that are glued etc, I had a technician do it for $60 when I was in Sydney for a weekend, I'm guessing it could be cheaper in the states. I tried an authorised service centre first and they refused unless they could also sell me the keyboard, even though I said I would indemnify them for any issues with the new keyboard as I had already bought one to be fitted. They refused. In the end I'd go for a mobile repairer that states that they have experience with the KeyOne without you having to ask them. Cost me ~$30 for the keyboard and ~$60 for the change. Was a very satisfying ~$90 to spend.
    pooyam likes this.
    07-20-19 03:39 PM
    I saw that video and didn't do it, I just didn't need that kind of stress of removing things that are glued etc, I had a technician do it for $60 when I was in Sydney for a weekend, I'm guessing it could be cheaper in the states. I tried an authorised service centre first and they refused unless they could also sell me the keyboard, even though I said I would indemnify them for any issues with the new keyboard as I had already bought one to be fitted. They refused. In the end I'd go for a mobile repairer that states that they have experience with the KeyOne without you having to ask them. Cost me ~$30 for the keyboard and ~$60 for the change. Was a very satisfying ~$90 to spend.
    How much did the shop want to overcharge for the part.. ??
    07-23-19 11:58 AM
    guess I'll have to fly to Sydney next time I have an issue with my KeyOne.. seems there's better service than TCL support!!! 😆..
    07-23-19 10:44 PM
    My BBB100-3 fingerprint sensor is no longer working - 2+ years old.

Any suggestions? or should I just buy a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ?

If VZW would whitelist the Key2 I'd buy that!
    07-24-19 10:35 AM
    My BBB100-3 fingerprint sensor is no longer working - 2+ years old.

Any suggestions? or should I just buy a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ?

If VZW would whitelist the Key2 I'd buy that!
    You could also spend the $30 and get a new keyboard for your current KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-24-19 11:08 AM
    You could also spend the $30 and get a new keyboard for your current KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Guess it's worth a try. Looks like a complete tear down to get to keyboard, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!
    07-24-19 08:20 PM
    Guess it's worth a try. Looks like a complete tear down to get to keyboard, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!
    Take the deep dive!
    07-24-19 08:26 PM
    Not a complete teardown at all.

Just remove the back cover, remove the screws by the bottom and where that metal plate is, so that you can unplug the keyboard ribbon, and then remove the front glossy black chin of the phone, and then you'll be able to slowly pry out the defective keyboard.

Reverse the process for reassembly.

You do NOT need to remove the battery or motherboard to do this.
    pooyam likes this.
    07-26-19 06:21 PM
    Not a complete teardown at all.

Just remove the back cover, remove the screws by the bottom and where that metal plate is, so that you can unplug the keyboard ribbon, and then remove the front glossy black chin of the phone, and then you'll be able to slowly pry out the defective keyboard.

Reverse the process for reassembly.

You do NOT need to remove the battery or motherboard to do this.
    Good to Know! Thanks for the input. Mine should be in next week.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-26-19 06:56 PM
    Thanks to all! It was fairly easy and as the_boon said, not a complete tear down! best $30 I've spent!

My fingerprint sensor was the only problem and I'm back in business!
    pooyam likes this.
    08-03-19 12:32 PM
    Thanks to all! It was fairly easy and as the_boon said, not a complete tear down! best $30 I've spent!

My fingerprint sensor was the only problem and I'm back in business!
    Excellent!
    08-03-19 12:37 PM