For those who have the KeyOne, do you find yourself typing faster with this than a virtual keyboard (on say a Samsung, iPhone, etc)? How about those with bigger fingers? I remember loving typing on my BlackBerry Bold back in college, and am afraid that it will feel too cramped now.
    08-03-17 04:27 PM
    Yes. Also the accuracy is much better. I only use virtual on 7" tablet though. I switched from Q10 however, and I think the Q10 was a little better keyboard. Also surprisingly the Q10 keyboard is larger.
    08-04-17 07:32 AM
    I had a Bold and a Q10, and I think I'm just as fast on the Keyone. It took about 4-5 days to really get smooth again since I've been on a virtual keyboard for the last year or two. I took a speed test after having it for a week, and I averaged over 35wpm (my usual typing speed), and under 5 typos. I've tried that on a virtual, and the results are about half that, with many typos. VKB's just don't sense my fingers well for some reason, whether it be Android stock, Google keyboard, or 2 others I tried to install.

I owned the Priv for a short time, and that keyboard was cramped and not usable for me.
    08-04-17 10:01 AM
    There is definitely a learning curve. It takes a few days to get used to the keyboard, especially if you're coming from a non-physical keyboard phone. I had the same learning curve issue with the Passport and Priv.

That being said, I think I'm still faster typing on a virtual keyboard, but I much prefer the physical.
    08-04-17 10:06 AM
    I would not say my typing is faster per say on my KeyOne but the mistakes are virtually non existent. So overall, it takes me less time to compose and send an error free email with my KeyOne than it does on a virtual keyboard phone. If, like many, you do not care about your message being error/typo free, then a virtual keyboard is faster.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    08-04-17 10:08 AM
    I would not say my typing is faster per say on my KeyOne but the mistakes are virtually non existent. So overall, it takes me less time to compose and send an error free email with my KeyOne than it does on a virtual keyboard phone. If, like many, you do not care about your message being error/typo free, then a virtual keyboard is faster.
    I agree 100%.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-08-17 01:04 AM
    You'll enjoy a much higher accuracy. Speed wise not so much. But it's not a speed typing test anyways
    08-08-17 01:45 AM
    Not likely. Your typing speed will be much slower than on virtual keyboard in the first month. After you get use to it, you might type as fast as on the virtual keyboard, but no faster. On physical keyboard you have to use more strength to press the button down rather than touching on the virtual keyboard. That's what limits your typing speed.
    08-08-17 10:03 AM
    No. I'm much faster and more accurate on a vkb.
    08-08-17 10:30 AM
    Regardless of finger size, the raised keys work well when finger is reasonably centered on the key...

Only issue I've had is forgetting to push the key - Ha!
    08-08-17 06:37 PM
    I'd have to admit that using the Z10 with the flick a predictive word I was faster. But if your sentence started with a Q... lol
    08-08-17 07:32 PM
    It's more accurate. I owned the Z10, Leap and Priv and definitely had to make a lot of corrections on VKB vs the PKB. It is nice not having to go back and fix things. But if you need to, the swipe to delete on the PKB is sweet!
    08-08-17 07:43 PM
    I've never had a physical keyboard until the keyone. it's not faster to type words out, especially if you use swipe keyboards but it is waay more accurate so you spend less time correcting yourself.
    it's only quicker if you use the shortcuts to get around.
    08-08-17 07:50 PM
    I can almost type without looking on the pkb. That's the big advantage, along with shortcuts.
    08-09-17 08:42 AM
    I've been on a PKB since the 8310 with a couple of slabs thrown in the mix for about a month each. For me I'm much faster and more accurate on a PKB because that's all I've knows for the last 10 years. Some may think you are faster on a VKB but rarely will you find someone who is more accurate on a VKB over a PKB.
    08-09-17 09:16 AM
    I was actually slower, due to my fat thumbs and too small keyboard. Now, give me a "classic " size keyboard and things would be different :-)
    08-09-17 10:54 AM