If it's not an azerty keyboard, im not buying it. Luckily until now every blackberry released here had an azerty keyboard
    Was no Azerty for Porsche Design though Graphite Edition
    02-18-17 04:05 AM
    I'm sure they will have a german and france keyboard layout and the rest in europe will be just qwerty
    Sure PSA and EDF are big French BlackBerry customers and they need to renew their fleets after the BlackBerry Z10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-18-17 04:06 AM
    Are there any news from MWC regarding localized variants of the KeyOnes physical keyboard like AZERTY or QWERTZ? I checked several german news sources but none of them posted any true informations regarding this matter.
    02-28-17 09:41 PM
    Are there any news from MWC regarding localized variants of the KeyOnes physical keyboard like AZERTY or QWERTZ? I checked several german news sources but none of them posted any true informations regarding this matter.
    There are at least 3 German retailers taking pre-orders on the QWERTZ-model, with first stock expected early-mid April.

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    03-01-17 12:21 AM
    I'm going to use this thread to ask a semi-related keyboard question: Will it be possible to bring up a virtual keyboard on demand? Obviously this isn't something one would ordinarily do but for those of us who sometimes type in other languages it would be helpful. In my case, I need the Esperanto letters ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, and ŭ. I don't expect to find them on the PKB but some VKBs have them as alternate layouts. SwiftKey offers the letters on long press and even does Esperanto predictive text. Google's Gboard has an alternate layout for Esperanto. It would be nice if I could use one of these on the K1 if I needed it, even though Esperanto accounts for only about 10% of my text entry usage.

Yes, this is a real example of a niche within a niche but if I can't do this it would be a reason not to get the K1. If I'm going to spend the money and get an Android phone there's no reason to get one that can't do everything I need it to do.
    03-01-17 08:10 AM
    I'm going to use this thread to ask a semi-related keyboard question: Will it be possible to bring up a virtual keyboard on demand? Obviously this isn't something one would ordinarily do but for those of us who sometimes type in other languages it would be helpful. In my case, I need the Esperanto letters ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, and ŭ. I don't expect to find them on the PKB but some VKBs have them as alternate layouts. SwiftKey offers the letters on long press and even does Esperanto predictive text. Google's Gboard has an alternate layout for Esperanto. It would be nice if I could use one of these on the K1 if I needed it, even though Esperanto accounts for only about 10% of my text entry usage.

Yes, this is a real example of a niche within a niche but if I can't do this it would be a reason not to get the K1. If I'm going to spend the money and get an Android phone there's no reason to get one that can't do everything I need it to do.
    I can speak for the priv , with the latest update one can customize the layout of special symbol or character
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-01-17 09:06 AM
    There are at least 3 German retailers taking pre-orders on the QWERTZ-model, with first stock expected early-mid April.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I didn't know that! In addition I came across another post on German techsite Golem.de varifying there will indeed be a QWERTZ version for Germany/Austria/Switzerland markets. Great news indeed, going to place my order as soon as it's going to be available!
    03-02-17 10:55 AM
    03-27-17 07:29 PM
    They TCL would not be doing a worldwide release of the KEYone without changing the keyboard layout to be region specific. I would expect many variants available depending on your country's needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:28 AM
    Cistulli tweeted a picture w/ 4 different KeyOne keyboards.
    03-28-17 10:38 AM
35 12