06-12-17 01:40 PM
66 123
tools
    My friend let me play with his hours old KEYᵒⁿᵉ at work today. I must say coming from a Passport it was a bit of an adjustment. I did find the keyboard a bit small but I guess that could be due to my Passport.

I tried to type numerals using the alt key but I could not hit all the numbers while holding the alt. Would it not have been better to have one on each side or like posts said above, long press to lock. Another way would be to hit the symbol key twice quickly to get the virtual numbers but a simple swipe down on the keyboard would have been better.

Not sure how I feel about it or Android or should I say the HUB on Android. Will play with it more and see

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 12:29 AM
    My friend let me play with his hours old KEYᵒⁿᵉ at work today. I must say coming from a Passport it was a bit of an adjustment. I did find the keyboard a bit small but I guess that could be due to my Passport.

I tried to type numerals using the alt key but I could not hit all the numbers while holding the alt. Would it not have been better to have one on each side or like posts said above, long press to lock. Another way would be to hit the symbol key twice quickly to get the virtual numbers but a simple swipe down on the keyboard would have been better.

Not sure how I feel about it or Android or should I say the HUB on Android. Will play with it more and see

Posted via CB10
    This is what I'm having trouble with as well. Coming from a passport, I find the keyboard pretty cramped, and I am definitely not as fast as I am w/ the PP.

I too was hoping/wishing there is a way to long-press or swipe down on the keyboard to bring up the numbers, but not possible eh?
    06-09-17 01:32 AM
    This is what I'm having trouble with as well. Coming from a passport, I find the keyboard pretty cramped, and I am definitely not as fast as I am w/ the PP.

I too was hoping/wishing there is a way to long-press or swipe down on the keyboard to bring up the numbers, but not possible eh?
    I knew I wasn't tripping, the feel of the device is awesome, the keys should have been bigger and taller getting rid of those capacitive buttons! And have a thin rubber lining at the top and bottom of screen to separate it from keyboard and double as protection if you lay it on face device is raised slightly.
    06-09-17 03:31 AM
    Another thing I did notice as posted previously, I too had to swipe a word up twice because the touch sensitivity isn't as effective as on the Passport.
    I thought the spacebar would be in the way for swiping words in the middle but there was no interference or distraction.

Not saying I wouldn't get used to it but it will take time.

Posted via CB10
    tmoore3496 likes this.
    06-09-17 08:21 AM
    it need some brief adjustment with all BlackBerry keyboards. I usually enjoy after one month

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-09-17 03:16 PM
    I ripped the plastic frets off my Priv and now the keyboard feels like it's protruding out more which is exactly what I wanted from the Priv's keys.
    06-09-17 03:39 PM
    This is amazingly well built, quick and solid feeling; keyboard and all.
    06-10-17 09:38 AM

You don't need to hold the alt key to select the numbers.
    Just double tap it and the keyboard switches to numbers and symbols all the time.
    06-11-17 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Theres a slight learning curve using the HUB in an android device but its pretty easy. I love how I can organize my social media and email accounts all in one location.
    06-11-17 01:12 PM
    I agree, my favourite keyboard since the 9900
    06-11-17 01:21 PM
    it isssssss ever soooo slightly cramped! I find my right hand the area between my thumb and index finger in the center I guess to be irritated after use- however the feel of this device, talking on the phone, holding it is soooooooooo comfortable! I' figure they can iron out the kinks. The always there capacitive keys should have been software based or hard keys like the Classic - 8.1/10 for me - I really do enjoy this form factor - just fell short in 3 areas - needs 4gb of ram minimum (unless they want to drastically reduce OS & their proprietary software). - larger keyboard - and these silly capacitive buttons - other than that I find this device to be perfect! oh stereo speakers at the bottom. (waits for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ+) in a few months....
    06-11-17 02:15 PM
    The keyboard is fine. It is not a good as my Classic, but it is fine.

I think the Classic was more clicky and the keys were more contoured. That said, my biggest "gripe" is that the K1 keys are glossy. They almost feel oily to the touch. I am getting used to it, but it is noticeable.

I send and receive MANY e-mails a day. I used to use my Classic almost exclusively - even when sitting at my desk (go figure). I have been using my PC more often since getting the K1.

It is different.

Before the Classic, I had two Bolds and an 8820. The wife most recently had a Curve.

The K1 is better than the Curve, close to the Bold and not a great as the Classic. (Just my opinion).
    06-11-17 03:55 PM
    I just got my keyone yesterday (ordered on May 31st, took some time for it to get to Singapore where I live).

After reading all the reviews I was super excited to try on the Keyone's keyboard. After all I'm just okay with the Priv's keyboard, I think it's about 7/10 with 10 being the Classic's keyboard.

Unfortunately I'll have to give the Keyone a 8/10, with the space key being 9.5/10. Better than Priv, but definitely not as good as Classic. If only all keys are like the space key! The rest of them aren't as clicky, sadly. Don't think that any other keyboard can come close to the Classic's (maybe 8700/9000)

My own keyboard ratings from what I've tried
    Keyone: 8/10
    Priv: 7/10
    Classic: 10/10
    Passport: 7/10 (I got the black version, not the silver one. Heard it's much better on silver and white)
    Q10: 8/10
    9900: 9/10
    9780: 8/10
    9800: 6/10 (BB sliders look great but their keyboards suck)
    9700: 8/10
    9000: 9/10
    8900: 9/10
    8110: 7/10
    8320: 8/10
    8800: 9/10
    8700: 9/10
    mvsalvino likes this.
    06-12-17 06:57 AM
    Now I've had the phone for a week or so, I'm as used to the keyboard as I'm going to be.

it's really not bad, but for me the classic is better. I've also almost got over the slightly odd sound and feel of the space bar, although the finger print sensor is great.

What let's it down though is the scrolling and double tapping for cursor control. scrolling is not good in portrait mode, and the double tap is not that reliable and doesn't always register.

Hopefully these issues can be improved with software.

I was forced to type on glass for six months before the K1 was released and whilst it was a painful learning curve for me as a hardened PKB user, I now realise that a well set-up Google VKB with its curser moving spacebar really is very productive - perhaps more so than the new K1. the real advantage of the PKB is the amount of space it saves. Key shortcuts are of course also great, but I just can't reliably remember more than 10 and they're only usable on the home screen. So not much more use than a well laid out home screen.

Whilst I still prefer a PKB and love the idea of the KEYone, if the capacitive keyboard cannot be properly tuned to do what it is supposed to do smoothly and reliably, I fear this could be the end of the line for the PKB.
    06-12-17 01:06 PM
    My opinion is the BlackBerry KEYone physical keyboard is on-par with the BlackBerry Bold 9700 but with larger keys making it even easier to type lengthy, complex emails, reports, and a variety of other types of documents. Loving it!
    06-12-17 01:36 PM
    The keyboard is fine. It is not a good as my Classic, but it is fine.

I think the Classic was more clicky and the keys were more contoured. That said, my biggest "gripe" is that the K1 keys are glossy. They almost feel oily to the touch. I am getting used to it, but it is noticeable.
    Every keyboard pales in comparison to the IBM Model M mechanical keyboard for the IBM PC.
    06-12-17 01:40 PM
66 123