I'm very happy with the KEYone keyboard. In a perfect world, however, the keys would be ever so slightly easier to press, and not make that kind of "scrunchy" sound. lol
    06-06-17 10:25 PM
    I'm loving mine even if I'm still not too fast at typing. Tend to use my left thumb and right pointer finger as my right thumb seems a bit too big to easily just hit one letter.
    I do this too on my Classic. No idea why, it is just most natural. Using both thumbs makes it harder to grip the phone for me I guess.

 C L A S S I C
    06-06-17 10:40 PM
    my keyboard squeaks a bit :s
    06-06-17 10:57 PM
    Couldn't agree with you more. It really is buttery smooth. If there is a complaint (few and far between), it's the android keys. When typing, it would have been great for them to disappear. But since they are hardware keys, they can't. But otherwise I am very happy!
    06-06-17 10:59 PM
    PRIV keyboard was a dumpster fire this is almost perfect though
    06-06-17 11:19 PM
    Agreed, the PRIV had the worst BlackBerry Physical Keyboard I ever used, hard to press and mushy keys. The KeyOne's keys are perfect, reminds me of the 9700 Bold awesome keyboard but a bit bigger which is even better
    I have owned the 9900 and Classic and honestly the Priv's keyboard is not that bad for me. U have to acct for the slider form. I hated the Torch's keyboard. That being said, I can't wait to try the KEYone since the candy bar form factor is my fave.
    06-06-17 11:27 PM
    my keyboard squeaks a bit :s
    My D key squeaks from time to time but that's it.
    06-07-17 02:22 AM
    My D key squeaks from time to time but that's it.
    Try to realign the fret(s)... On my Classic it happened 2 times.
    06-07-17 03:34 AM
    How would I do that?
    06-07-17 06:47 AM
    On my Classic I used my nails, the squeaking keys were at the right border, a fret was misaligned, and so I've been able to realign the fret grabbing it from the phone side.

In case of central keys, I'd use some plastic tool, with the shape of a flat screwdriver,
    paying attention to not damage the keys.
    If the K1 frets are (as I suppose) like the Classic frets, then they're easy to bend.
    06-07-17 07:51 AM
    I'm loving the keyboard coming from a Passport that I have had since launch day. Much softer and clickable and I'm slowly getting used to the size. I do wish the PP had the design with the num pad but I wish the KEYone would enable numbers to be pressed and entered with the ALT key, perhaps a super long click.
    06-07-17 08:41 AM
    I'm loving the keyboard coming from a Passport that I have had since launch day. Much softer and clickable and I'm slowly getting used to the size. I do wish the PP had the design with the num pad but I wish the KEYone would enable numbers to be pressed and entered with the ALT key, perhaps a super long click.
    Does it not work where long pressing ALT locks it in place to type number, symbols, etc.?

 C L A S S I C
    06-07-17 09:09 AM
    The keyone's keyboard definitely has better feedback compared to the priv.
    One reservation I have about keyone's keyboard is how the keys "wiggle" with respect to each other. This is evident when I hold the phone in portrait and use to keys to swipe up and down. Often I would find the keys slightly digging my fingers and lifting the leading edge of the key as I swipe.
    Not sure if its a clearance issue or a quirk that this type of pkb has.
    06-07-17 11:27 AM
    I think it's the keys touching each other that makes the squeak sound. They're high gloss so they may have a slippery aspect to them which give that sound
    06-07-17 11:54 AM
    I think it's the keys touching each other that makes the squeak sound. They're high gloss so they may have a slippery aspect to them which give that sound
    Mhh, dont know...
    Judging by what I see on my K1, the space between the keys seems > than the space between keys and frets,
    but maybe you're right.
    On my Classic it was 100% keys touching fret, and the sound was, actually, "squeek" .
    06-07-17 12:07 PM
    I like the KEYone keyboard as well, although I am still getting used to it after the Passport which had softer keys. i am sure i will get the hang of it soon enough.

the only thing i have noticed is that swiping the middle word is sometimes tricky. I sometimes have to swipe two times for the swipe to work.
    06-07-17 01:22 PM
    Would KEYone users here say that its keyboard is less, more, or equally clicky as the Classic's keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I actually saw stock at a local Best Buy and couldn't help myself, put it on the credit card, lol. But I have a KEYone now, but not using it as my daily driver because Seidio hasn't yet released their accessories for them. And I'm not going to pay for some crappy case to use in the mean time and have to pay money again once the Seidio stuff comes out, so I'll just wait. I've spent the time to customize everything about it though...

Anyway, regarding the clickiness. It's almost as good as the Classic. I have them side by side right now, clicking the keys. It's not quite as clicky, but it's really darn good. The Classic set a very high bar when it comes to the keyboard, so don't be discouraged when I say it's not quite as good. It's still excellent. Even though the KEYone's keyboard is shorter than the Classic, there wasn't any learning curve for me. Right away I was typing away on it without looking at the keys at all... You'll definitely enjoy it... Given you don't get a defective unit, lol. I wouldn't worry though, they are definitely a vast minority, you just hear about it in a disproportionate way because people are more likely to post when having problems than when not having problems. Mine is completely solid so far...
    06-07-17 01:46 PM
    I actually saw stock at a local Best Buy and couldn't help myself, put it on the credit card, lol. But I have a KEYone now, but not using it as my daily driver because Seidio hasn't yet released their accessories for them. And I'm not going to pay for some crappy case to use in the mean time and have to pay money again once the Seidio stuff comes out, so I'll just wait. I've spent the time to customize everything about it though...

Anyway, regarding the clickiness. It's almost as good as the Classic. I have them side by side right now, clicking the keys. It's not quite as clicky, but it's really darn good. The Classic set a very high bar when it comes to the keyboard, so don't be discouraged when I say it's not quite as good. It's still excellent. Even though the KEYone's keyboard is shorter than the Classic, there wasn't any learning curve for me. Right away I was typing away on it without looking at the keys at all... You'll definitely enjoy it... Given you don't get a defective unit, lol. I wouldn't worry though, they are definitely a vast minority, you just hear about it in a disproportionate way because people are more likely to post when having problems than when not having problems. Mine is completely solid so far...
    Yeah, but you just got it....Lol
    06-07-17 02:37 PM
    I love this keyboard. my Priv's keyboard wasn't so good. I felt like I was mashing keys on the board and it just was mushy. I use a buckling spring keyboard and have a ThinkPad. Yes, I love keyboards.
    06-07-17 02:39 PM
    Loving the keyboard as well. To be honest I didn't have any gripes with the Priv keyboard. This one is definitely much much better though.
    I too don't mind the PRIV keyboard, I'm surprised at how many people have complaints about it. Yes it's a bit mushy but having the first Android Powered BlackBerry with a PKB was and still is awesome in my opinion. I mash on it all day long and have zero complaints.

I haven't had the chance to use the KEYone keyboard yet (CDMA) but I'm sure I'll love it when I do.
    06-07-17 03:00 PM
    Yeah, but you just got it....Lol
    What I typed regarding how forum posts always show a disproportionate amount of problems wasn't based on my experience with the KEYone... And notice I said "so far" so I'm not ruling anything out...
    06-07-17 04:27 PM
    It feels very soft compared to my passport. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's also very small.

I'm sure in a couple days I'll be flying on it. I absolutely love the fingerprint scanner.
    Which PP die you own, PPSE has easier to press keys than the OG, I own both and can attest to the difference.
    06-07-17 04:40 PM
    So far solid as a beast!! Typing it now on pkb
    06-07-17 04:46 PM
    I love this keyboard. my Priv's keyboard wasn't so good. I felt like I was mashing keys on the board and it just was mushy. I use a buckling spring keyboard and have a ThinkPad. Yes, I love keyboards.
    Small world...same exact set-up as me - buckling spring for my desktop, Thinkpad for my laptop and KEYone for my mobile. We are definitely keyboard fanatics!
    06-08-17 10:56 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    My fav keyboard since Bold 9900.....

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 11:15 PM
66 123