Got my KEYone today and wanted to share an honest assessment about the keyboard from a longtime Blackberry owner (current Priv and Classic but have owned almost every model for the past nearly 20 years!). I was VERY worried about the KEYone keyboard because, from the pictures, it looked fairly small (like the Q10 I sported and didn't like) and I read mixed reviews about it.

To make a long story short, the KEYone keyboard is FANTASTIC! I am really picky about my keyboards and have truly despised the Priv keyboard which is small and has a very poor feel, wasn't fond of the Passport (I know many love it but I sold mine within 6 months - the keys were just too awkwardly spread apart for me) and, thankfully, have absolutely loved my Classic ever since I got it - which is the best keyboard since my Bold 9900. Of course, the Classic is so limited running BB10 so I always sported a second phone with me (iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8 currently).

The KEYone keys are totally fine size-wise and it has a fantastic clicky feel with really good feedback. This is from someone very skeptical that the keyboard on the KEYone would be good and obviously have been looking for that great keyboard feeling of Blackberry's of yesteryear.

I'm IMPRESSED!!!! If you're worried about the keyboard, like I was, don't be. It's nothing like a Q10 or a Priv. It's really perfect. Hats off to TCL!
    zageknightz, RMCCI, bps88 and 12 others like this.
    06-05-17 10:45 PM
    The priv left a really bad taste in my mouth, so I am happy to read this. I never had Passports, but really liked it when I played with it, as I have thick thumbs.
    06-05-17 11:56 PM
    Totally agree... I was worried I wasn't going to get used to it after the wide open passport keyboard, but it took me a couple of hours and it's just as good as it could be.
    06-06-17 12:11 AM
    I agree that the keyboard is great. I was skeptical at first, but it is so easy and comfortable and accurate.
    06-06-17 12:24 AM
    Almost 5 days in, the keyboard is pretty awesome!
    06-06-17 12:29 AM
    I'm loving mine even if I'm still not too fast at typing. Tend to use my left thumb and right pointer finger as my right thumb seems a bit too big to easily just hit one letter.
    06-06-17 12:37 AM
    100% agree!!!!

I love the keyboard and I honestly feel like this keyboard is taking over the #1 spot in my all time favorite BB keyboards.
    06-06-17 12:56 AM
    Keyboard is awesome. Better than Classic and Passport IMO (dont know about other BB keyboards, never tried them).
    06-06-17 06:13 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Best keyboard out there since Bold 9900, imo

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and Plazmic Flame like this.
    06-06-17 06:24 AM
    Loving the keyboard as well. To be honest I didn't have any gripes with the Priv keyboard. This one is definitely much much better though.
    06-06-17 06:36 AM
    I agree 100%. The KEYone keyboard is Outstanding.

The moment I started typing, instantly, I felt at home. It's perfect.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 06-06-17 at 10:03 PM.
    06-06-17 06:41 AM
    As world traveler already said, this is easily the best BlackBerry keyboard since the Bold 99. I'm loving it. I just hope that the ugly double typing problem never pops up on it. So far so good, but my last Q10 took a few months before it had some keys that always doubled presses.
    06-06-17 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the valuable feedback
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-06-17 07:23 AM
    It feels very soft compared to my passport. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's also very small.

I'm sure in a couple days I'll be flying on it. I absolutely love the fingerprint scanner.
    06-06-17 07:30 AM
    Do you find that the fingerprint scanner interrupts on encroaches on the act of swiping a word up from the middle of the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 07:48 AM
    The priv left a really bad taste in my mouth, so I am happy to read this. I never had Passports, but really liked it when I played with it, as I have thick thumbs.
    Agreed, the PRIV had the worst BlackBerry Physical Keyboard I ever used, hard to press and mushy keys. The KeyOne's keys are perfect, reminds me of the 9700 Bold awesome keyboard but a bit bigger which is even better
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    06-06-17 08:00 AM
    Would KEYone users here say that its keyboard is less, more, or equally clicky as the Classic's keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 08:02 AM
    Priv keyboard is very balance (except plastic frets) easy to type and very good on scrolling
    anon(10258967) likes this.
    06-06-17 08:42 AM
    Would KEYone users here say that its keyboard is less, more, or equally clicky as the Classic's keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I'd say if the Classic "clickiness" is a 10, then I'd rate the Keyone around a 8.5. It's close but not there.

I'll take the Keyone keyboard any day over anything ever BB. It's still clicky, capacitive and has an amazing fingerprint sensor.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-06-17 09:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd say its less clicky, but in a good, perfect way.
    More clicky than the PP, btw.
    I was afraid, before having the K1 in my hands, about it being less clicky than the Classic.
    Now, I'd choose the K1 keyboard, without any doubt.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-06-17 10:23 AM
    I've had my KEYone for a two days now and I'm completely impressed. Coming from the Passport to the PRIV back to the Passport and now the KEYone, the comfort is settling. The keyboard is quite comfortable and the design of the phone is beyond expectations in my opinion. Very impressive and the questions I get when I'm using it are always positive.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-06-17 12:35 PM
    The thing that I hated about the Priv's keyboard was that the keys had no travel. I like some travel in my keys.
    06-06-17 09:56 PM
    The keyboard took me about 4 days to adapt to. Been using the Priv slab style and i Phone 7 too long. Needed some practice again. I'm addicted to it. I mean I can fly on this this thing.
    06-06-17 10:01 PM
    The thing that I hated about the Priv's keyboard was that the keys had no travel. I like some travel in my keys.
    I'd buy another priv in a minute. I like the pkb. Only one I've ever had but it works slick for me
    06-06-17 10:14 PM
    The 3 Priv's I went through I might as well have been typing on glass. The stiff keys hardly moved, the back flexed, and little to no feedback. But this is coming from a guy who uses a mechanical desktop keyboard with cherry blues.
    06-06-17 10:25 PM
66 123