So I thought about Key Two, (am an old happy blackberry user who gave up because of the OS), have been following it and waiting, but all the reviews I have read said the camera was not as good as the Key One. I have an Iphone 8, and yes, it's fast, and has a great camera, but I am really missing my keyboard a LOT. All the time. So I decided to go with the Key One because then I can keep Verizon, better camera, and still a keyboard, and all the awesome BB stuff that always kept me organized. I know it's supposed to be slower, which I am wondering if that will bother me, and I heard the Key Two keyboard is better, but the camera... and it's so expensive. I got the Key One last night, and took out my old Bold, and of course the keyboard on the Bold is SO much better, and I'm bummed the Key One keyboard didn't feel as comfortable. So, how is the Key One keyboard? Does it do the same job? Accurate and quick? Or does it trip you up? Is the Key Two really better? Is my husband right and I should just wait and save the money for the Key Two? A lot of my business is on Instagram, and I worry about that bad camera... Just wanted some thoughts from folks who know, and love their keyboards. Thanks guys.
    jamesharmeling and cckgz4 like this.
    07-17-18 03:41 PM
    The keyboard on the Key2 is better, however, the small bump in specs and other negligible fixes (IMO) do not justify the cost for me, personally.

Are you able to test it out at a store somewhere?
    anon(10710536) likes this.
    07-17-18 04:40 PM
    I wasn't able to. There weren't any near me, so I just ordered it online.
    07-17-18 04:46 PM
    and thanks for your thoughts.
    07-17-18 04:46 PM
    I have the KEYone Black Edition, and plan on upgrading to the KEY2, mostly for the matte keys and cleaner more polished look. It's amazing and wouldn't leave it for ANY other phone besides the KEY2.

The KEYone is still a great phone for today. Can't recommend it enough.

Both phones will be more than adequate for Instagram photos, besides, the app compresses the images anyway, and you can tweak them to death.

If you want full Verizon compatibility, then you need the Silver BBB100-3 model. The other variants (Black/Bronze Edition) are for GSM.
    07-17-18 05:18 PM
    yes, that's what I got. Hoping it will work out! Thanks for that. I do wish it had the matte keys, but can't have it all, I guess. Glad you think it's still a great phone and will work for IG.
    07-17-18 05:42 PM
    I don't know anything about Instagram and how or what it does with photos. But check out the KeyOne photo thread (not generally selfies)

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1106743-new/

I have to say that I really like the photos I took in the last two weeks at Mt Rainier National Park. They are posted probably in the last two pages of that thread.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-17-18 07:45 PM
    camera output in low light settings has not been great. It sounds like you are a person who has an above average need for picture quality.

I love BlackBerry and always will, but I cannot recommend K1 or K2 (at this time) for your purposes.

This sounds silly, but if PKB and camera are important to you, and security updates less so, I'd have a look at the PRIV, outdated as it might be. 18MP Schneider-Kreuznach lens, PKB, complimentary hand warmer... what else could you ask for?
    07-17-18 09:34 PM
    yeah, I thought they were pretty nice!
    07-18-18 08:46 AM
    I hear you. Can I get it on Verizon though, and does it have enough speed to keep up?
    07-18-18 08:47 AM
    I honestly cannot see using a Priv at this time. and I don't believe the phone can keep up.
    I would say try out the KeyOne and take pictures in different lighting situations so you can make an informed decision regarding if it meets your needs.
    07-18-18 09:44 AM
    I honestly cannot see using a Priv at this time. and I don't believe the phone can keep up.
    I would say try out the KeyOne and take pictures in different lighting situations so you can make an informed decision regarding if it meets your needs.
    Lol, I was in a meeting with the Mayor of Toronto about a week ago- he was using a Priv, I was shocked.
    07-18-18 10:07 AM
    I was joking about using the PRIV, but to be fair, it does have the best BlackBerry camera to date.
    Kristina McGrath likes this.
    07-18-18 12:58 PM
    Well I just received my K2 from Blueshop today and I have to admit, I'm not too sure if I really like the keyboard any better than the one on my K1. The K1's keyboard is tighter (ie. smaller) than the K2's which means my thumbs don't have as far distances to fly around when typing.
    07-18-18 01:21 PM
    The camera on the K1 is also very good. I tried out the K2 camera in low light, and sure enough, because of the lower pixel density, the K2 wasn't as good as the K1's shots.
    07-18-18 03:53 PM
    I'll never know the answer from my own device... no key² for me
    07-18-18 04:05 PM
    So I thought about Key Two, (am an old happy blackberry user who gave up because of the OS), have been following it and waiting, but all the reviews I have read said the camera was not as good as the Key One. I have an Iphone 8, and yes, it's fast, and has a great camera, but I am really missing my keyboard a LOT. All the time. So I decided to go with the Key One because then I can keep Verizon, better camera, and still a keyboard, and all the awesome BB stuff that always kept me organized. I know it's supposed to be slower, which I am wondering if that will bother me, and I heard the Key Two keyboard is better, but the camera... and it's so expensive. I got the Key One last night, and took out my old Bold, and of course the keyboard on the Bold is SO much better, and I'm bummed the Key One keyboard didn't feel as comfortable. So, how is the Key One keyboard? Does it do the same job? Accurate and quick? Or does it trip you up? Is the Key Two really better? Is my husband right and I should just wait and save the money for the Key Two? A lot of my business is on Instagram, and I worry about that bad camera... Just wanted some thoughts from folks who know, and love their keyboards. Thanks guys.
    I owned it and if you are going by specs okay it's faster. Better camera? God no..better PKB? HELL NO..unless u like a cheap plastic keyboard with a creaky loud space bar..premium build? Not even close the keyone is much better. I would save your money stick with or buy a keyone and wait for the key3 or hopefully (crossing my fingers) a android slider
    07-18-18 04:28 PM
    Depends on the model u get..i have a priv and it's fantastic..obviously not the battery life of the keyones but better speakers and a better build and just looks sexier
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-18 04:29 PM
    I can't wait to get a KEY2, but having owned several Privs (typing this on my 5th) and KEYones, it feels good to type on matte keys. Doesn't feel as sweaty/slippery as with the KEYone.

There is also the KEY2 Lite which just got leaked a few hours ago

https://www.androidcentral.com/black...wn-hands-photo
    07-18-18 04:57 PM
    Thanks so much everyone! I agree that the glossy keyboard isn't my fave, but so far it's way faster and on target than a freaking touch screen! Glad to hear I have made a good choice. I haven't taken a ton of photos yet, but the ones I did were fine. Key one for me it seems. Just a bit stressed my case hasn't arrived yet.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-18 05:09 PM
    Short answer, it is better in every way! I was very sceptical to upgrade, really glad I did! By the way, I loved my Silver K1, but the Silver Edition K2 is worth it. Now, I never owned a 4/64gb Black Edition, that could make a difference. The new keyboard is almost like a 9900 though! Cheers,
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    07-18-18 06:55 PM
    Short answer, it is better in every way! I was very sceptical to upgrade, really glad I did! By the way, I loved my Silver K1, but the Silver Edition K2 is worth it. Now, I never owned a 4/64gb Black Edition, that could make a difference. The new keyboard is almost like a 9900 though! Cheers,
    I owned the 9900 and I am not sure where this comparison comes from. I don't like the PKB on the key2 at all much prefer it on the keyone
    07-18-18 08:11 PM
    I owned the 9900 and I am not sure where this comparison comes from. I don't like the PKB on the key2 at all much prefer it on the keyone
    Well, let me clarify it for you. The keyboard is absolutely better than the Keyone, and I really liked the K1. I did not state that it is as good as the 9900, of which I owned 2. It is however getting much closer and for us PKB types, it's all we have to compare it to. In the end, it is totally subjective, I offer you my opinion, and respect yours. Cheers,
    07-18-18 08:40 PM
    Agreed. I actually took out my old Bold and there were a couple things I took note of: size of the Bold's keys and their clickiness. The KEYone was closer to the Bold in these two keyboard characteristics than the Key2.
    07-18-18 10:17 PM
    I think the camera is fine if lit well and your patient the Oreo update if you are invited has sharpened up this gorgeous phone and as for typing I think I'm faster with it than with on screen ones
    07-19-18 04:30 AM
71 123