It seems that two features I love clash with each other on my KEY2, the notification light and the "Do not disturb" mode, which I loved to use in a work setting such that my device will not make any sounds under any circumstance.

But it seems that with this mode enabled, the notification light is also disabled.
    Is there a way to get both working at the same time?
    Thanks in advance
    08-14-18 07:00 AM
    It seems that two features I love clash with each other on my KEY2, the notification light and the "Do not disturb" mode, which I loved to use in a work setting such that my device will not make any sounds under any circumstance.

But it seems that with this mode enabled, the notification light is also disabled.
    Is there a way to get both working at the same time?
    Thanks in advance
    Do not disturb mode is supposed to work that way. If you want no sound but still want notification LED, the just put phone on silent and NOT "Do not disturb" .
    08-14-18 07:12 AM
    on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ A7.1 my lights work in DND mode... sound is off and rings only selected callers
    08-14-18 07:16 AM
    on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ A7.1 my lights work in DND mode... sound is off and rings only selected callers
    It's not supposed to. Sure for selected callers, you can set ring tones. Silent mode is when light works but no sounds. Do no disturb shuts everything off (unless specified for certain callers) hence the name.
    08-14-18 08:02 AM
    It's not supposed to. Sure for selected callers, you can set ring tones. Silent mode is when light works but no sounds. Do no disturb shuts everything off (unless specified for certain callers) hence the name.
    I suspect it's the duct tape holding my display on that has affected it in that way...
    ray689 likes this.
    08-14-18 08:06 AM
    On the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with Nougat the LED was independent of any DND mode (or notification level control) which I actually liked a lot for an entirely different reason:

While Nougat had notification level controls under System UI Tuner Oreo has Notification Channels. I used to set all my notifications levels to 1 on Nougat which would eliminate the icons from the status bar (which I really don't like) but the LED kept working and that served as my notification.

In Oreo that's impossible to achieve since the LED is not independent of the Notification Channel levels.

It's confusing I know...
    08-14-18 12:02 PM
    On the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with Nougat the LED was independent of any DND mode (or notification level control) which I actually liked a lot for an entirely different reason:

While Nougat had notification level controls under System UI Tuner Oreo has Notification Channels. I used to set all my notifications levels to 1 on Nougat which would eliminate the icons from the status bar (which I really don't like) but the LED kept working and that served as my notification.

In Oreo that's impossible to achieve since the LED is not independent of the Notification Channel levels.

It's confusing I know...
    Took me multiple attempts in the settings to figure this one out. Annoys me.
    08-14-18 08:57 PM