02-13-19 08:00 AM
37 12
tools
    I have a blackberry keyone that is my personal phone and an iPhone 6 that is my company phone. I work in outside sales, so I'm driving all over the state. I use navigation on the Keyone with Google maps and I might, before the car is moving, start listening to a YouTube video and let that play. lately I've been binge listening to the radio show Gunsmoke, which is awesome and I'm using maps. I've never had a problem.
    with the iPhone it's a different story, seems like everytime I touch the dang thing it calls somebody. I'll hear "hello" "hello" in my pocket and it has called somebody. the Keyone has never had that problem. the difference is on the Keyone, even if you were to wake it up accidentally, which I haven't done, you have to tap this little phone icon to call. on the iPhone you touch anywhere on the screen when the call log is up somebody is getting called, probably the last person on that list you wanted to talk to.

the keyone is perfect for me, but I'm not a person to let unused apps run - although I do run some at the same time as mentioned above. would more ram be the answer? then would an upgrade to Key2 help?
    The Key 2 boasts 6 gb ram whereas depending on the variant you are using the Keyone uses either a 3 or 4 gb ram .

If my understanding is correct the bigger the ram , the better the capability of running and handling multiple tasks which use memory resources so in answer to your question yes the Key2 would be the answer ....
    02-09-19 08:25 AM
    You are so funny man!
    ryankul likes this.
    02-09-19 11:45 AM
    unreliable K1 or unreliable user??
    You are funny
    02-09-19 11:54 AM
    You have used the device for a year , you have downloaded files, images , contracts.... Any of which may have had malicious software contained.

Blackberry android devices are only as secure as the user allows them to be . Yes they will keep out most threats BUT if the user does something, even if not on purpose , that allows a threat to infiltrate the device then sure you can say the device is "unstable"

Many thousand Keyone devices have been sold around the world and it would seem that they, like every other brand of mobile device, suffer from issues but this so far widespread reports of instability isn't one of them.

So either you can continue to raise the issue or you can take an hour of your time and do something about it .

When your laptop / pc has an issue , do you simply carry on or do you fix it ? The same applies in everything in life.... If it doesn't work , fix it and if it does , leave it in peace.

Ultimately my point is and it is with respect that potentially your usage of the device is the cause of the issues ....I accept it may be an issue with the device itself but you have used it for a year and didn't say it was unstable at the beginning so I am assuming that this issue has developed over time and over use.

Only way to find out ...factory reset
    Thanks a lot for your input. However my point was that k1 has let me down several times over the year. I agree that I could do a factory reset and resolves the issues. If I had paid for a cheap android device I wouldn't mind any issues. But for k1 which was advertised as a business phone for that price I am so sorry, but for me it's not acceptable.
    02-09-19 12:01 PM
    Thanks a lot for your input. However my point was that k1 has let me down several times over the year. I agree that I could do a factory reset and resolves the issues. If I had paid for a cheap android device I wouldn't mind any issues. But for k1 which was advertised as a business phone for that price I am so sorry, but for me it's not acceptable.
    And that is your view , one that whilst I do not agree , I accept as you are entitled to your opinion.
    ryankul likes this.
    02-09-19 12:06 PM
    I'm a heavy business user and think managing your apps better will help. But if you don't like it, move on.

What phone will you replace it with?
    ryankul likes this.
    02-09-19 12:57 PM
    guy's, nothing better than the Passport and Classic, honestly.

BlackBerry Passport
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 03:57 PM
    Life is a constant change. Moving on or standing still, it's your call. I miss my Passport of course, but at the same time I am quite happy with my Keyone, though not 100%.
    Amine Berry, Tim-ANC and ryankul like this.
    02-09-19 09:28 PM
    Life is a constant change. Moving on or standing still, it's your call. I miss my Passport of course, but at the same time I am quite happy with my Keyone, though not 100%.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...489a3dbed4.jpg
    Agree, need to keep moving. K1 is quite serviceable. It's not the superbly elegant piece of hardware the Passport was. Hopefully BBMo will produce a worthy successor.

Love the pic!
    02-10-19 01:34 PM
    I've never had any of those problems with my Keyone!
    Same. It's been nothing but 100% reliable for me in every way. Average memory use is around 1.8 GB.
    ryankul likes this.
    02-11-19 09:58 PM
    I would like to express my disappointment for purchasing K1. Today was the final chance for this phone. This is it. Very poor performance, notification issues all the time (which were not resolved even though with bb support). The phone app is so useless, not giving me missed calls, taking 2-3 minutes to load history even after I hung up. Text app not receiving texts not giving me notifications. Email issues notifications don't work properly! One day notify the other day not. So..... What's good with it if the basics do not work. Especially for business you can't rely on this phone! Only battery is good and keyboard. Even my iPhone 5s which I bought in 2014 can perform better! I would not recommend bb any more!
    This is definitely not normal performance for sure. I've used both the regular silver KeyOne and now my Black Edition have not experienced this on either phone. I know somebody recommended a reset and you seemed hesitant to do so. If 5 or 10 minutes doing a reset fixes it what's the problem? I've had to do this on other Android phones. Doesn't mean you have a bad phone. If you get antsy and jump to a different phone you may very well be exactly where you're at if it's a software issue. Have to have a little patience with technology or you might need to jump back to a flip phone lol. Good luck!
    02-13-19 07:28 AM
    Just a year now! Using default apps but for sms I ve changed as the default does not receive text messages anymore! Not tried factory reset. I am of the opinion that if a factory reset is needed for a year phone (relatively new) it means that is not a reliable phone. I don't have time for this fuss now. I have 3 email accounts for work so many things to back up and re-install again. Imagine that yesterday I was under pressure at work, having several calls and emails and I could not find my missed calls, no notifications on emails and texts, and also phone app crashing while talking! What a mess!
    I stayed out as long as I could but...... I’m not sure if you’re just a former BB10 user that also uses iOS and just wants to complain regarding Android. First I’m no IT person, just a mobile consumer addict. Every mobile OS has it's quirks. I’ve dual carried BBOS, Windows, Symbian, Palm, webOS, Android, BB10, iOS and BBAndroid for the last 15+ years, maybe 20 years...

Android, with BBAndroid included, has so many variations of hardware , things sometimes get effed up. I’ve done factory resets on multiple Android devices for variety of glitch issues since 2010.... I’ve only had to do roughly one reset on each BBAndroid phone and I own everyone up to AT&T KEYone. If you’ve already rebooted, done a 32 second reset, then yes, it’s time for a factory reset.....

Again, this is Android territory in general, especially when using a 3/32 model in 2018-2019 period. In hindsight, 3/32 appeared decent in 2017 as many entry devices at time were 2/16 or close. App/data/storage ticked up in same period and 3/32 really is more of a base than midtier if you aren’t using external storage....

I also replaced iPhone 5 with an XR and difference is tremendous.... FWIW, my KEYone had some glitches right from the box.... incorrect spark notifications, incorrect voicemail notifications, email settings issues, etc. Nothing that I wanted to deal with... I had a four day weekend about 8 months after getting the KEYone and spent part of it on the factory reset.... I should have done it after I first opened the box. Everything fixed. Week or two later, in comes Oreo, go figure..... if you want a PKB, you take the Android issues, warts included...
    Paulelmar18 and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-13-19 08:00 AM
37 12