After 3 years on Apple (sorry, but came with job), I was incredibly keen to return to BB, after being with them for several years prior. My last was a 9900 - so a big step up!

The Key one seemed all I wished for, thus keenly purchased and have been the proud owner for several days.
    Its recognition of my speech is so much better than Apple ever was, as yet I have needed to make only a handful of corrections, in a bunch load of emails, so very impressive indeed.
    BUT I do have to keep removing the 'New line', 'comma' and 'full stop' actual words, that are not recognised as commands for punctuation.
    Sometimes it will obey the request, but mostly not.
    I have searched for the punctuation advise online and it appears I am pronouncing it correctly, obviously trying several different voice speeds and habits etc, also adjusting the speech sliders in settings, but no luck at all in obtaining a reliable response.

For the record, I type from the physical keyboard quite intensely, as that is what the phone is all about and one reason I bought it, but sometimes after a bagful of mails, I just need to be lazy and rely on the speech facility.
    Any ideas please, so near but so far away!
    07-04-17 02:16 PM
    Sad but in today's Virtual Assistants are very poorly featured and working.

Someday computers will follow voice commands 100% well but I'll be dead by then it seems.
    07-05-17 10:29 AM
    If you want a period at the end of a sentence just pause (take a breath) then say Period. I just composed and sent and
    email to my wife. Not bad.
    07-05-17 11:53 AM
    Thank you, will give it a try out
    07-05-17 12:11 PM
    If you want a period at the end of a sentence just pause (take a breath) then say Period.
    As explained here:

You can use these phrases to add punctuation to your text:

• Period
    • Comma
    • Exclamation point
    • Question mark
    • New line
    • New paragraph

Note: Punctuation works in German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian.
    07-05-17 02:03 PM
    Just make sure there is a slight pause between the last word and the spoken punctuation or else it will type the punctuation word in the message..
    07-05-17 04:35 PM
    I just upgraded from a passport to a keyone. I found the microphone to do voice dictation but it doesn't recognize when I say "period" or "comma," -- it doesn't add the punctuation or the words. It just skips them so my transcription looks like a run-on sentence... and the dictation isn't nearly as accurate as it was on the passport. I was reluctant to switch from passport to keyone because I loved BB10, but I figured I would be gaining different functionality that I have on my android tablet. I'm guessing it's probably just a setting I need to adjust, but I'm lost as to how to fix it. Please help!!
    11-09-17 08:35 AM