That's good to hear. Just the lag is enough to worry about w/ this old toy lol
    While KEYone drags, my PRIV lags even more
    07-14-23 06:18 PM
    While KEYone drags, my PRIV lags even more
    Y'know I'm pretty sure I damaged my KEYᵒⁿᵉ because for quite a while, I'd have to probably check dates on posts to even be sure about just how long of a while - but it actually got bogged down even worse than my Priv. It would get these massive, just massive spikes where for 1-2 min it may not even be responsive at all.

No clue why but I've had it for 3 days now and it's almost completely stable. Course there's lag and a few times now apps glitch here and there. But browsing, Android auto, music, BT, GPS, all work fine. No signal loss outside of well established zones (basement, school backroad where even pixel 6a gets blackout).

Man this hardware tho! I looove these buttons and it's making me remember why I just couldn't live w/ out one. I even gave one to a friend, returned my first one etc - but in the end I've not been able to live more than a few months w/ out my KEYᵒⁿᵉ ������
    07-17-23 12:36 AM
    New bug in the form of blank screen when opening FB msgr (only there, sms etc work fine) where the screen w/ the message portion stays black. I can see the line to type on, and can actually use it to txt, but once I hit send my message joins the black portion on the screen. Tapping Home or Back kind of "wakes up" the app and everything is back to normal. Not very frequent but I'd say on avg once or twice per day
    07-18-23 03:09 PM
    something quite similar it's happening to me with an app called Beeper, that besides tohave it without optimization and out of any energy plan, BB is killing it
    07-18-23 06:58 PM
    Because I'm keeping an eye on things a little more closely (if that's even possible) I have to admit that the battery is def starting to show signs of wear. On the one side, standby time remains one of its biggest strengths, and the other night approx 8hrs of laying there (w/ both a SIM and Wi-Fi tho I had BT off) it didn't lose even 1 % which is kind of insane. For comparison, I've had my pixel 6a drain 17 % in about that time fram w/ everything turned off Wi-Fi BT no SIM!

But during some tasks I've noticed 2-3 % drops and it's only getting about 5hrs of screen time total
    07-19-23 06:08 PM
    Rare but fun bug occurred again (think this may be the 3rd or 4th time) where pic-in-pic bugs out and minimizing a YouT interview I was watching glitched over the top of everything else. Could go Home, couldn't get rid of it in recent apps, or using the convenience key etc. Swiping down would show the notif tray, but once I tried to go into menus it would likewise open "behind" the YouT clip. Hat to restart the KEYᵒⁿᵉ hehe
    07-21-23 01:58 AM
    Got down to 13 % and had 7hrs and 28min of screen time from a 93 % charge, so w/ a bunch of Wi-Fi use this thing can still pull off some marathon numbers, surprisingly.

Been a pretty decent week, only 1 real moment where it hung up bad enough to restart, and I tested w/ both camera apps (ring and nest) and even they still work. Not too shabby and I might just keep this baby as my daily for a bit more hehe
    07-21-23 10:27 AM
    Man I jinxed the HECK out of that, having that pretty stable week, and this morning outta nowhere - monster lag. I'm talking 30 sec just to open an attachment w/ in an Sms ������ like I put the phone down, grabbed the TV remote to adjust volume, pick the phone back up, and the animation didn't even move at all.

Back on my pixel 6a - admittedly, I was starting to miss it hehe ������
    07-21-23 02:38 PM
    For the sake of nostalgia (it's been a good 3+ months) I just took my KEYᵒⁿᵉ out for a day and man is it bad.

Surprisingly, some stuff does work, like Android auto (didn't even lag too much) but while it was on opening up any other app wouldn't work - messaging apps etc just kept crashing w/ out even opening.

The lag has become comically bad, and at this point it's clearly worse than my Priv, tho I maintain my KEYᵒⁿᵉ may be physically damaged, and others may get by better - but we're talking 5 sec hiccups between hitting send when I write a txt, and my txt msg appearing in the conversation. Restarting it also has basically no impact. Functionally unusable
    10-09-23 08:48 AM
    I hesitated during the first and second weeks to do this update, but today marks the last day of week 3 of my non-stop return to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ ������

It has been unbelievably stable and problem free. Even took it on a road trip involving a GPS estimated 5hr 44min drive, during which it was running BT music and GPS full time (the overheating at 100 % had me worried, but there was no issue).

I have lost signal exactly twice (once at the border 2 states away) during this time (for reference, my pixel 6a loses signal 6-10 times a day) and hasn't locked up a single time. On one instance the home button was not responsive, but powering the screen off and on returned it to normal functionality.

Apps take a couple seconds to launch/load, and the ram is becoming openly taxed. For ex, switching from a YouT video I was watching to anything (FB, notes app, browser) leads to a complete reload of YouT where I'd have to search for the video I was watching again. When I need this to keep working, I've used split screen to not lose the data. Between that, GPS, crossing 2 state borders, and generally not taking it easy (DL of music, BT playing consistently, using maps and looking stuff up constantly) on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - I'm honestly surprised how well it's held up. I'd make my reg tinfoil hat joke about how they removed it from their morning "kill list" but honestly it kinda defies explanation, why a 7year+ old BlackBerry would all of a sudden get better signal and more stable performance than ever before.

Speaking of performance, this BATTERY! Is unreal, we're talking 6hrs of standby = 1 % or charging from 12 - 75 % *while* running GPS and music in like 1 hour (for reference, again, my pixel 6a would charge like 40 % after TWO AND A HALF hours on the car charger, and it's the same exact dedicated charge port before anyone starts making excuses).

But overall it's been incredible to finish a workday w/ 75+ % remaining, and that's after a 9hr full day of email, sms, calls, bi reports, etc. How ironic that in 2024 this would become my daily driver yet again. No real new issues, I'll keep posting any developments. ������
    03-31-24 06:19 PM
    Nifty, resembles how my KeyOne works.

Except the battery's not as good.
    Exedorable likes this.
    03-31-24 08:38 PM
    Except the battery's not as good.
    Yeah battery remains one of its strengths. After more tests w/ GPS and Android auto, I do definitely run into some kind of calibration/positioning bug where at certain times my route will think I've taken a wrong exit or I'm on a nearby ramp - causing it to try and re-route. Still not nearly as bad as what happened w/ my Priv for a stretch where it would simply lose Location and try to spin the map, at times thinking I was traveling south while I was actually going north.

In the spirit of my pixel 6a this KEYᵒⁿᵉ has also begun to see a new glitch: sometimes when I use the shortcut to send an sms (which opens a "type contact name" menu) typing doesn't input any letters. Going home and doing it again consistently fixes it tho
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    04-17-24 10:47 PM
    Just a demonstration of this 625's longevity: approx 20 min ago I plugged this KEYᵒⁿᵉ into my car charger at 20 % - that's 20 % remaining since 230am of the PREVIOUS DAY. That's right, this thing pulled through almost 2 entire days of my full work week w/ out any trickle charging. Full days of non-stop normal use, from music via BT every time I'm in the car, to continuous emails and calls at work, and reg activities like YouT Instagram and FB when I get home.

Un.
    Real.
    Yesterday 05:57 PM
63 123