Thinking of getting a key one.. but any rumors of a 2nd one coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-17 07:21 AM
    Thinking of getting a key one.. but any rumors of a 2nd one coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    "Soon" will depend on where do you live. In Spain Motion is not sold physically nor online officially and K1 is sold online only.
    Between launch and it reaching your country if you are not lucky it can take 6+ months.
    Take the K1 Black now and sell it whenever the new one is available to get cash to buy it.
    Qorax and Pistooli like this.
    12-23-17 08:18 AM
    ^Well opined. Yes, a KeyTWO is in the making - but when & where is anyone's guess at this point. There are no tangible 'leaks' yet on the device except for the broad specs which had been chance revealed sometime back.

If one is interested in the device - fetching a KeyOne Black (64/4) is the best way to go as of now. And swap it with the next iteration as and when applicable. For all that matters the Black KeyOne is pretty snappy as it is. And a BNIB is grabbable for under $500!
    12-23-17 10:51 AM
    No need to wait on a device that doesn't have a confirmed release date when you can grab a Keyone right now. It's not like the Keyone is old.
    12-23-17 11:03 AM
    No need to wait on a device that doesn't have a confirmed release date when you can grab a Keyone right now. It's not like the Keyone is old.
    My thoughts exactly. Especially considering the newer Black Edition which is quite often preferred.
    ch1nchilla and Pistooli like this.
    12-23-17 11:41 AM
    I'm going to wait since I need band 66.
    12-23-17 12:15 PM
    Oh look, chrome crashed and I lost everything I wrote, so in point form:
    - 6GB ram MINIMUM. App refreshes are ridiculous for a device made for a business/power user.
    - 64GB minimum (128gb would be nice).
    - fix the OS. So many app crashes, it's infuriating. If I could get another device from another manufacturer that offers a PKB I'd switch at this point.
    - Colour options. RED, White, Blue, All black..
    - it would be great if it had a Samsung AMOLED panel.
    - would be great for an improved image sensor/better processing.
    - 4000mAh+ (closer to 5000mAh pls)
    - This year's Snapdragon 835 and slower the processor. I did this on my S8+ and went into their battery saver mode that Samsung offers and lowered the res to FHD and got 12-15 hours of screen on time(true story). By the time the KEY2 would come out the SD835 would be inexpensive enough that it would make sense, lower the CPU usage by 35% and guaranteed it'll help on battery life.
    - Dual speakers(iPhone 8, X can do it, a lot of budget phones can do it too). Yes, I use my phone a lot for media just as much as I use it for business use.
    - QC 4.0 fast charge.
    - BlackBerry has a partnership with Samsung, so implement Quick Fast Charge (15w) - super convenient. At least offer a nice massive battery. I wish I could find a compact battery/case for the KEYone cause I'd use it. I'm the definition of a power user.
    - Reception improvement(this is a known issue w/ the KEYone for me and my friends).
    - Get rid of the capacitive keys. Let me minimize them like my S8+ let's me.
    - Bluetooth 5.0, no brainer.

I'd pay $700 CND for all this, maybe even $800. I'm seriously tired of carrying two phones because my KEYone simply can't do it all. I get 5-8 hours SoT with it but it's NOT enough. I'm constantly charging it. Again. I am the definition of a power user.
    12-23-17 01:53 PM
    Oh look, chrome crashed and I lost everything I wrote, so in point form:
    - 6GB ram MINIMUM. App refreshes are ridiculous for a device made for a business/power user.
    - fix the OS. So many app crashes, it's infuriating. If I could get another device from another manufacturer that offers a PKB I'd switch at this point.
    - This year's Snapdragon 835 and slower the processor. I did this on my S8+ and went into their battery saver mode that Samsung offers and lowered the res to FHD and got 12-15 hours of screen on time(true story). By the time the KEY2 would come out the SD835 would be inexpensive enough that it would make sense, lower the CPU usage by 35% and guaranteed it'll help on battery life.
    - Dual speakers(iPhone 8, X can do it, a lot of budget phones can do it too). Yes, I use my phone a lot for media just as much as I use it for business use.
    - QC 4.0 fast charge.
    - BlackBerry has a partnership with Samsung, so implement Quick Fast Charge (15w) - super convenient. At least offer a nice massive battery. I wish I could find a compact battery/case for the KEYone cause I'd use it. I'm the definition of a power user.
    - Reception improvement(this is a known issue w/ the KEYone for me and my friends).

I'd pay $700 CND for all this, maybe even $800. I'm seriously tired of carrying two phones because my KEYone simply can't do it all. I get 5-8 hours SoT with it but it's NOT enough. I'm constantly charging it. Again. I am the definition of a power user.
    Problems you are having sound like user error.

One phone does it for me. Keyone is always on point.
    12-23-17 02:04 PM
    Problems you are having sound like user error.

One phone does it for me. Keyone is always on point.
    Not user error. Just a power user. I've been using Android alongside BB5, 6, 7 and 10. Priv was crap, KEYone is better but comparing it to my S8+ is very very noticeable (as it should be due to the SoC being used). People talk about being a power user then see how I use my phone and realize they're not. I'm constantly on my phone, 24/7 for either personal or business use. I need to be mobile. So, unfortunately not user error. Just an incapable device compared to what I need. Only reason I keep going back is because of the PKB that I so desperately need.
    12-23-17 02:27 PM
    Not user error. Just a power user. I've been using Android alongside BB5, 6, 7 and 10. Priv was crap, KEYone is better but comparing it to my S8+ is very very noticeable (as it should be due to the SoC being used). People talk about being a power user then see how I use my phone and realize they're not. I'm constantly on my phone, 24/7 for either personal or business use. I need to be mobile. So, unfortunately not user error. Just an incapable device compared to what I need. Only reason I keep going back is because of the PKB that I so desperately need.
    Ok i get it that u use the phone all day every day , i would expect that to perhaps drain the battery.

but what sort of tasks are you performing on the phone that are causing the phone to crash or behave in an unacceptable way.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 12-23-17 at 03:01 PM.
    ch1nchilla likes this.
    12-23-17 02:51 PM
    - QC 4.0 fast charge.

I'd pay $700 CND for all this, maybe even $800.
    All of this? For 700? Lol, more like 1000 at launch
    12-23-17 03:24 PM
    12 hours SoT, no radio ?

And it does sound like human error.
    ch1nchilla likes this.
    12-23-17 03:34 PM
    Ok i get it that u use the phone all day every day , i would expect that to perhaps drain the battery.

but what sort of tasks are you performing on the phone that are causing the phone to crash or behave in an unacceptable way.
    So, I'll give you two examples.
    Example one, on the road for Business. I'm taking payments via Dream mPOS or Square, running Bluetooth due to the accessories. GPS on. Chrome running in the background, same goes for my email apps. A SIP phone client to ensure I am mobile and can still take calls. Then suddenly I'll get "this app crashed, do you want to wait or restart app?" notification. Absolutely annoying. It's usually the SIP or one of the payment apps that go.

Second scenario,
    I'm in my car. I'll have GPS and Bluetooth on and it'll be on my dash. I'll run Android Auto so I can still text or make calls via Google voice. I'll park my car and I'll go close out Android Auto, and I'll notice some sluggish behavior. I have an NFC sticker next to the door frame that I use to disable bluetooth/GPS and close out Android Auto incase I can't(for contingency). So I'll be on my way making phone calls, text, surf the Web and possibly play music depending on where I am. Either with the speakers or headset. I'll start noticing sluggish behavior by multi tasking. By the time I get to my car I'll open Android Auto, Enable GPS+Bluetooth via NFC on the carmount and it will sometimes take up to 60 seconds for Android Auto to run, sometime's it'll crash and I will have to re-run it manually, and even then it has the potential to crash. Infuriating considering I just want to plug in my phone and drive, but sometimes I have to wait 2-6 minutes to either restart certain apps or reboot the phone. Either of which are annoying.

I'll give you another scenario just for kicks.
    I'll be at home, kickin it with some friends or be home alone, have bluetooth on, be using social media occasionally(snapchat, IG, Twitter), be streaming music, and probably do some Web searches or check out what's new on Facebook.

every time I'll experience the phone crashing or general slowdown which I can't reproduce on the S8+. Even when I turn off performance mode and go to FHD resolution. I can get 12+ hours of SoT at nearly 80% brightness compared to my 4-6 on my KEYone.

Apps crash and it's borderline infuriating. I am happy with the KEYone due to certain aspects, but I am not happy with the SoC they used and the amount of Ram on the silver edition. I spoke to Bla1ze and he said stay with the silver edition, kinda hinted to the fact that what's coming will be better. I want to finally retire my S8+, and just have one phone. But unfortunately I'm not there yet. I am a true BlackBerry user(12 years and running), and do want to see them succeed. But also have to make sure the phone I use works for me. I'm very dependent on the PKB and use my S8+ more for just media and such. Or light texting.

Here's hoping the KEYtwo has more horsepower and can be the device that gets me away from dueling.
    12-23-17 03:54 PM
    12 hours SoT, no radio ?

And it does sound like human error.
    100% radio. With performance setting turned off and FHD resolution. The S8+ is THAT capable.
    12-23-17 03:54 PM
    All of this? For 700? Lol, more like 1000 at launch
    This is the wrong way of thinking. Have you looked at the mid range devices out there, as flossy carter would say, trap phones. There's some amazingly spec'd phones for $300-400. Some with 4000+ mAh batteries, QHD screens, etc. I'd even pay $799. It's doable. I know it is. I get companies want to cushion the margins but look at OnePlus 5T, what is it.. $599, 649? 8GB of ram.. amazing build quality. 2:1 ratio.. it's definitely doable. And that's the high end for the "budget" phones. Google it, YouTube it, even go on eBay. You'll be impressed like I was.
    12-23-17 03:57 PM
    I hope not, I'm enjoying my black edition so much.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-23-17 04:01 PM
    Example one, on the road for Business. I'm taking payments via Dream mPOS or Square, running Bluetooth due to the accessories. GPS on. Chrome running in the background, same goes for my email apps. A SIP phone client to ensure I am mobile and can still take calls. Then suddenly I'll get "this app crashed, do you want to wait or restart app?" notification. Absolutely annoying. It's usually the SIP or one of the payment apps that go.

Second scenario,
    I'm in my car. I'll have GPS and Bluetooth on and it'll be on my dash. I'll run Android Auto so I can still text or make calls via Google voice. I'll park my car and I'll go close out Android Auto, and I'll notice some sluggish behavior. I have an NFC sticker next to the door frame that I use to disable bluetooth/GPS and close out Android Auto incase I can't(for contingency). So I'll be on my way making phone calls, text, surf the Web and possibly play music depending on where I am. Either with the speakers or headset. I'll start noticing sluggish behavior by multi tasking. By the time I get to my car I'll open Android Auto, Enable GPS+Bluetooth via NFC on the carmount and it will sometimes take up to 60 seconds for Android Auto to run, sometime's it'll crash and I will have to re-run it manually, and even then it has the potential to crash. Infuriating considering I just want to plug in my phone and drive, but sometimes I have to wait 2-6 minutes to either restart certain apps or reboot the phone. Either of which are annoying.

I'll give you another scenario just for kicks.
    I'll be at home, kickin it with some friends or be home alone, have bluetooth on, be using social media occasionally(snapchat, IG, Twitter), be streaming music, and probably do some Web searches or check out what's new on Facebook.

every time I'll experience the phone crashing or general slowdown which I can't reproduce on the S8+. Even when I turn off performance mode and go to FHD resolution. I can get 12+ hours of SoT at nearly 80% brightness compared to my 4-6 on my KEYone.

Apps crash and it's borderline infuriating. I am happy with the KEYone due to certain aspects, but I am not happy with the SoC they used and the amount of Ram on the silver edition. I spoke to Bla1ze and he said stay with the silver edition, kinda hinted to the fact that what's coming will be better. I want to finally retire my S8+, and just have one phone. But unfortunately I'm not there yet. I am a true BlackBerry user(12 years and running), and do want to see them succeed. But also have to make sure the phone I use works for me. I'm very dependent on the PKB and use my S8+ more for just media and such. Or light texting.

Here's hoping the KEYtwo has more horsepower and can be the device that gets me away from dueling.

Maybe u do need a bit more processing grunt but i cant really say cos im not that heavy of a user. I will probably at most be listening to music while browsing and sending messages.

Would be interesting to hear from some more heavy users to see how they fare.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 12-23-17 at 04:58 PM.
    krzyabn likes this.
    12-23-17 04:47 PM
    And this is exactly my point that if we see a KEYtwo in 2018 it will be late 2018. The KEYone is only 8 months old
    12-23-17 06:22 PM
    Well, apple and samsung push out new phones every year don't they? Thought it might be reasonable to expect a new key board phone around same period

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 02:49 PM
    Well, apple and samsung push out new phones every year don't they? Thought it might be reasonable to expect a new key board phone around same period

Posted via CB10
    Care to wager that it will be late q3 early q4?
    12-24-17 04:16 PM
    Hahaha so fast ?
    12-24-17 06:56 PM
    The only app the crashes on my S8 running Exynos is that damned Facebook app. IG, Twitter, Tumblr, SC remain in memory all day long & i can open them without "the app needs to be restarted" message. FB is the darndest excuse for a social media app.

I can confirm the FHD turndown leading to 10+ SOT on my S8 as well. Not sure if BBM can ever achieve Samsung levels of R&D with their shoe string budget & constant inability to actually hear what the users of their products are saying. Seems disjointed that TCL has to first make clay & then send it to Canada to hope for the best software optimisation. Hasn't worked out well for power users.

Thus the "there's no replacement for displacement" saying holds true even in Micro processing terms!
    krzyabn likes this.
    12-24-17 11:24 PM
    The only app the crashes on my S8 running Exynos is that damned Facebook app.
    Download APKPure's store app from apkpure.com and use it to install Facebook Lite. Facebook built it for developing markets, it's 1MB and does most things the FB app does but without the heft. The same goes for Twitter Lite.
    12-25-17 12:25 AM
    Just out of interest, have you tried the new iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus? Would either of those be a better choice than a beefy Android handset? (ignoring the PKB)
    12-25-17 12:29 AM
    Just out of interest, have you tried the new iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus? Would either of those be a better choice than a beefy Android handset? (ignoring the PKB)
    Usually iOS is more stable, it is supported for a longer time, it is more secure due to that support and app control by Apple and more efficient as it is made by the hw maker. So if you can pay the price and you don't need the PKB and you don't mind the openness and flexibility that Android provide, yes, it is a better option.
    For me being in the geek side and being a PKB fan is not an option.
    12-25-17 03:20 AM
33 12