The sprint $5 essential deal is too good to pass up but they didn't have it in stock
    when I switched and I couldn't go without a device for a week so I gave the keyone a shot.
    I'm a long term blackberry/keyboard lover but was burned (almost literally) by the PRIV and it's terrible processor. I spent the last 6 months on an iPhone 7 plus and 8 plus but ios just feels too toyish to me.
    I love what blackberry/TCL has done with this thing and it is blazing fast after I applied the developer options hack, I'm just a little worried about the longevity of this device.
    Is 32gb enough storage? Will an SD card help free up system space (I already have photos uploading to the cloud and being removed from device) I'm just worried it will slow down over time like other androids I've owned.
    The essential seems like a really cool concept and I love how much support its getting (I'm fully prepared to be abandoned by BlackBerry on this device after oreo) not to mention the fact that the essential is very pocketable despite its size.
    11-20-17 08:58 PM
    So do what you feel you want to do. What are you hoping to get from this thread?
    11-20-17 09:04 PM
    You want us to tell you what your preferences are?

Essential could also go out of business tomorrow too, so don't hang your hat on any advantages there.
    11-20-17 09:11 PM
    Anyways if you are looking for an answer. Keep the KEYone. Problem Solved.
    11-20-17 09:24 PM
    Anyways if you are looking for an answer. Keep the KEYone. Problem Solved.
    ^^^
    ray689 likes this.
    11-20-17 09:34 PM
    Just looking for opinions since a lot of people have owned it for awhile...
    You are right about essential possibly tanking, they have soured their name by releasing a half baked phone and now sprint is basically trying to dump their stock ASAP.
    plus I heard the screen has weird sensitivity issues.
    Have your KEYone's been holding up well? do you feel that you need more storage or would an SD card solve that?
    11-20-17 09:41 PM
    Just looking for opinions since a lot of people have owned it for awhile...
    You are right about essential possibly tanking, they have soured their name by releasing a half baked phone and now sprint is basically trying to dump their stock ASAP.
    plus I heard the screen has weird sensitivity issues.
    Have your KEYone's been holding up well? do you feel that you need more storage or would an SD card solve that?
    Got mine on the first day. Tough as nails.

I find 32GB plenty for apps. I have all documents in the cloud with OneDrive and all media on the SD card.

Battery is insane, and camera is more than decent.

I've had no screen lift issues or reception problems.

But this phone is all about the physical keyboard. It's so good, I may never go back to glass.
    11-20-17 09:48 PM
    Got mine on the first day. Tough as nails.

I find 32GB plenty for apps. I have all documents in the cloud with OneDrive and all media on the SD card.

Battery is insane, and camera is more than decent.
    Thanks. I've used about 15gb but I feel like I'm fully set up and don't plan on putting much else on here so that makes me feel a lot better about it
    I hear a lot of people saying they need to "clear the cache" of apps a lot, have you needed to do that at all?
    11-20-17 09:51 PM
    I hear a lot of people saying they need to "clear the cache" of apps a lot, have you needed to do that at all?
    No more than any other Android device.

I clear the data cache when it gets close to 1GB. Then I follow up with a reboot.

It works out to about once a week for me.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    11-20-17 09:53 PM
    thanks for your help man!
    11-20-17 09:55 PM