3GB with the processor makes it laggy at times.

Minimizing Android Auto and opening another application just makes the phone hang.

Lots of applications take awhile to open or don't open instantaneously. An example is Google Maps. I know when I played with the Pixel 1 in store before getting the K1, everything just opened instantaneously with the Pixel.

What's even more annoying is when you run several applications, switch to a new one to copy text, switch back to the old application and the old application reloads itself meaning you lose your work ffs
    03-07-18 02:11 PM
    one of the leaks points to 660 snapdragon and 6gb

but who knows
    03-07-18 02:18 PM
    It will certainly have at least 4GB of RAM.
    03-07-18 02:44 PM
    4gb is like an standard now. Samsung started to add 6gb ram so I am assuming 6gb will be the standard.
    03-07-18 03:13 PM
    4gb is like an standard now. Samsung started to add 6gb ram so I am assuming 6gb will be the standard.
    Of the two PKB devices, one is going to be mid-range. Probably 4GB RAM and similar processor to what we have now. The other will most likely be a higher-end device. Most likely with 4GB RAM and a higher-end (last gen) processor.

I highly doubt TCL and BBM would make anything on a device that costs over $700 USD like the Samsung devices. They just don't have the market share to sell a high-end device well. Sure your average BB fanatic will buy the most expensive one, but it doesn't compare to the general teenager who wants the latest iPhone or Samsung. My little brothers are 18 and they've never heard of BlackBerry, let alone want to buy one.

For now, it would be in TCL and BBM's best interest to sell mid-tier devices around the $500 USD mark.
    krazyatom and phuoc like this.
    03-07-18 04:27 PM
    'It better come with...' or what? Hahaha. Sorry just had to say it. Made me giggle. 'Them's fightin' words'. hahahaha
    citystars41 likes this.
    03-07-18 04:46 PM
    this. 4GB is standard for the budget premium space, plus its probably more expensive to get compatible 3GB ram than 4 for the QC660 SOC that is supposed to be in the K2.
    03-07-18 05:41 PM
    Of the two PKB devices, one is going to be mid-range. Probably 4GB RAM and similar processor to what we have now. The other will most likely be a higher-end device. Most likely with 4GB RAM and a higher-end (last gen) processor.

I highly doubt TCL and BBM would make anything on a device that costs over $700 USD like the Samsung devices. They just don't have the market share to sell a high-end device well. Sure your average BB fanatic will buy the most expensive one, but it doesn't compare to the general teenager who wants the latest iPhone or Samsung. My little brothers are 18 and they've never heard of BlackBerry, let alone want to buy one.

For now, it would be in TCL and BBM's best interest to sell mid-tier devices around the $500 USD mark.
    I think TCL should consider using last year cpu like snapdragon 835 as a mid tier device. It should be heavily discounted by Qualcomm by now.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-07-18 05:48 PM
    I think TCL should consider using last year cpu like snapdragon 835 as a mid tier device. It should be heavily discounted by Qualcomm by now.
    I think it'd be a good move. Then next year, use Qualcomm's 5G-capable chip.
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-07-18 06:37 PM
    There's 4GB in the Black Edition, available now if you need it.
    03-08-18 12:53 PM
    Black Edition and Bronze Edition get 4Gb of ram, right?
    03-08-18 01:38 PM
    3GB with the processor makes it laggy at times.

Minimizing Android Auto and opening another application just makes the phone hang.

Lots of applications take awhile to open or don't open instantaneously. An example is Google Maps. I know when I played with the Pixel 1 in store before getting the K1, everything just opened instantaneously with the Pixel.

What's even more annoying is when you run several applications, switch to a new one to copy text, switch back to the old application and the old application reloads itself meaning you lose your work ffs

How about a screen that does not launch?
    03-08-18 05:35 PM
    Right
    03-08-18 09:36 PM
    Ram and more powerful processor is what I am waiting now for K2.
    03-08-18 10:21 PM
    Motion as well. I fully expect whatever is released next will be packed with 6gb
    03-08-18 10:50 PM
    Right
    I have a Black Edition and love it! While I have little to zero experience with Android, my device does not appear to lag at all.
    03-09-18 04:10 PM
    if anyone is listening, inasmuch as the ALT key is most used, can it be made bigger ? same for ENTER key...
    03-10-18 12:48 AM
    'It better come with...' or what? Hahaha. Sorry just had to say it. Made me giggle. 'Them's fightin' words'. hahahaha
    Or else I'll move to another brand like Nokia or LG with a better DAC.
    03-10-18 01:33 PM
    Or else I'll move to another brand like Nokia or LG with a better DAC.
    Whatever BBMo/TCL uses will be towards its collected data of targeted customers. If what you ask for is deemed important to BBMo/TCL demographic, you'll see it. However, BBMo/TCL could decide your wishes aren't compatible and wish you the best on your journey.
    03-10-18 04:26 PM
    Every KEYone edition except the silver and AT&T's "space black" editions has 4GB....almost like they realized that they should have released it with 4GB
    03-12-18 09:27 AM
    Was told 6-8 so I would not expect any less then 6gb. If the information I received was incorrect and it does end up being 4 GB then I am just writing Blackberry/TCL off.
    03-13-18 05:30 AM