So I am now looking to replace my priv.

The iPhone x looks so tempting but I have never had an iPhone. Always BlackBerry.

Given how BlackBerry phones have gone, I'm now thinking about getting the iPhone x.

Would appreciate some advice. If I do go for the k1, I am going to import the Dual sim version.

Thanks,
    10-30-17 09:17 PM
    So I am now looking to replace my priv.

The iPhone x looks so tempting but I have never had an iPhone. Always BlackBerry.

Given how BlackBerry phones have gone, I'm now thinking about getting the iPhone x.

Would appreciate some advice. If I do go for the k1, I am going to import the Dual sim version.

Thanks,
    Two different ecosystems. Two different forms of input. Try both, one will be a clear winner, all depends on your wants and needs.
    10-30-17 09:28 PM
    the one thing I don't like is that I am not able to insert a USB thumb drive to the iPhone and save or grab files on the go. it's all in the cloud.

on my priv and likely K1, I am able to insert a drive in the micro USB and use it like portable storage.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-30-17 09:30 PM
    If cost is a factor, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is way less expensive. of course if you are importing from India that might eat up some of the difference. I have both a PRIV and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Transitioning to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is going to be easy since the PRIV has a lot of the features that are used in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ (one of the key :-) ones being the PKb with programmable keys).
    10-30-17 09:53 PM
    the one thing I don't like is that I am not able to insert a USB thumb drive to the iPhone and save or grab files on the go. it's all in the cloud.

on my priv and likely K1, I am able to insert a drive in the micro USB and use it like portable storage.
    It's a type C on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ so you would need an adapter just like the iPhone with its lightening cable.
    10-30-17 09:53 PM
    It's a type C on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ so you would need an adapter just like the iPhone with its lightening cable.
    Oh, so it can be done on the Iphone too? I can with the use of an adaptor insert thumb drives to read and write files?
    10-30-17 09:55 PM
    Oh, so it can be done on the Iphone too? I can with the use of an adaptor insert thumb drives to read and write files?
    Yes, you can do the basics of copying and pasting files, but if you really want the freedom of reading thumb drives like you would on a windows OS, you should go with the android device, iOS has a lot more restrictions.
    10-30-17 09:58 PM
    Yes you can do the basics of copying and pasting files, but if you really want the freedom of reading thumb drives like you would on a windows OS, you should go with the android device, iOS has a lot more restrictions.
    The one thing I do when I travel is put movies on the thumb drive or in the case of my priv, put it on the sd card

So with an iPhone, can I read/watch movies right from the thumb drive or do I need to copy it into the phone?

I see from google that there are some slick looking thumb drives designed for the iPhone. It just doesn't say if I can watch movies or listen to music right from it.
    10-30-17 10:01 PM
    The one thing I do when I travel is put movies on the thumb drive or in the case of my priv, put it on the sd card

So with an iPhone, can I read/watch movies right from the thumb drive or do I need to copy it into the phone?

I see from google that there are some slick looking thumb drives designed for the iPhone. It just doesn't say if I can watch movies or listen to music right from it.
    Best to google what kind of media files work on the iOS ecosystem via storage, I'm sure VLC player is available.
    10-30-17 10:04 PM
    Best to google what kind of media files work on the iOS ecosystem via storage, I'm sure VLC player is available.
    Big thank you.

I'm getting an ipad pro for my business and after talking to you, I may just get an iphonex also and call it a day.

If I need to type with a keyboard, I can use the iPad.
    10-30-17 10:08 PM
    Big thank you.

I'm getting an ipad pro for my business and after talking to you, I may just get an iphonex also and call it a day.

If I need to type with a keyboard, I can use the iPad.
    Glad I can help. IF a physical keyboard on mobile isn't a must, then the iPhone X is definitely a good option.
    10-30-17 10:09 PM
    Glad I can help. IF a physical keyboard on mobile isn't a must, then the iPhone X is definitely a good option.
    Well, Im on my phone the most and do a lot of emails thus I have a pkb.

But, many have said the apple keyboard is not that bad. To be honest I can't comment because I have never had an apple iPhone.

Need to try it more at the apple store I guess.
    10-30-17 10:14 PM
    Yeah, you definitely want to make sure you're comfortable with an all touch device before leaving pkbs. I left BlackBerry after spending years with my bold 9900 and tried out the iphone/android ecosystems for a few years, yet I would always end up popping my simcard back into my bold 9900 for months at a time. It's hard to truly leave the physical keyboard era, I can type equally fast on iPhones, but the tactile feedback and the overall touch of keys really makes the experience about more than just speed. Glad I am back on BlackBerry, the priv imo was an epic failure, KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a whole different experience.
    10-30-17 10:24 PM
    But, many have said the apple keyboard is not that bad.
    No, it's not bad, but you may feel it limited after using a BlackBerry keyboard. It's not quite the same, but you may want to try Gboard on the iPhone. I use that on my company-issued iPhone.
    10-30-17 10:28 PM
    No, it's not bad, but you may feel it limited after using a BlackBerry keyboard. It's not quite the same, but you may want to try Gboard on the iPhone. I use that on my company-issued iPhone.
    Thanks for the tip. I will look for gboard!
    10-30-17 11:00 PM