Hello all and thanks in advance for any thoughts or help! I feel obligated to say "First time poster, long time reader"... I think I'm the only one in my town with BB and yes... when they pry it from cold, dead hands, they can have it! I just upgraded to the K1, and it has been an OK transition from my Q10 ... still the best phone I have ever used!

So far the only glitch I have with Verizon and K1 is finding the indicator that a VM has been recorded. I can access VM through *86... but there is no indication (blinking light, icon, etc.) of a messing being in queue???

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks again!
    Mike
    jdavison likes this.
    10-13-17 12:53 PM
    Welcome Mike! Yeah it's and issue with all Verizon users at the moment. I have started using the third party app YouMail which is a free visual voicemail alternative. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the verizon image (which exists in the raw firmware files) for cdma users. It's not super easy since the boot sequence looks specifically for a verizon subvariant hardware tag which doesn't even exist yet. Will keep you posted.
    FF22 and mlyle11 like this.
    10-13-17 12:59 PM
    talk to Verizon, and have them set your VoiceMail to basic VoiceMail only (not basic visual voice mail). that should allow you to get the notification.
    mlyle11 likes this.
    10-13-17 11:32 PM
    Thanks for the guidance! I called VZW and asked then to set VM back to basic/basic. I thought it would be harder to explain than it was, but the 1st Level tech was very helpful. They rest to basic/basic (it was on basic visual - which was free when I used it with my Q10), then they called me on my home phone while I stayed on the K1. We disconnected on the K1, they called it right back, left a message, then "pow" I have the "tape recording" icon in the upper left of the notification tray! Took all of 5 mins. I don't know if this is something I should have been able to find on the VZW website? None the less it was pretty painless!

Thanks so much for the guidance! Count this one as fixed!!!
    bb4work likes this.
    10-15-17 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the guidance! I called VZW and asked then to set VM back to basic/basic. I thought it would be harder to explain than it was, but the 1st Level tech was very helpful. They rest to basic/basic (it was on basic visual - which was free when I used it with my Q10), then they called me on my home phone while I stayed on the K1. We disconnected on the K1, they called it right back, left a message, then "pow" I have the "tape recording" icon in the upper left of the notification tray! Took all of 5 mins. I don't know if this is something I should have been able to find on the VZW website? None the less it was pretty painless!

10-15-17 10:47 AM

Glad it worked for you. I was pretty happy when I made the change also. Seems like the Verizon website is pretty useless when it comes to the KeyOne (perhaps it has improved since I gave up on Verizon website for any type of "documented" support).

Now, we just need them to get a VVM app setup... It shouldn't be that difficult since they do have an Android version, but not for Nougat (from my understanding) - or they haven't provisioned it to work on the KeyOne. Since they don't have a branded version of the KeyOne, their desire to support a BYOD (bring your own device) is put at the end of the priority queue. Hopefully in time they will get it sorted out.

Again, glad it worked for you.
    Cheers, Greg
    10-16-17 08:04 PM
    Glad it worked for you. I was pretty happy when I made the change also. Seems like the Verizon website is pretty useless when it comes to the KeyOne (perhaps it has improved since I gave up on Verizon website for any type of "documented" support).

Now, we just need them to get a VVM app setup... It shouldn't be that difficult since they do have an Android version, but not for Nougat (from my understanding) - or they haven't provisioned it to work on the KeyOne. Since they don't have a branded version of the KeyOne, their desire to support a BYOD (bring your own device) is put at the end of the priority queue. Hopefully in time they will get it sorted out.

Again, glad it worked for you.
    Cheers, Greg
    Interestingly, there are instructions on the Verizon website for activating VVM on a BB with Android which I don't understand because the options they show are not there on our unlocked CDMA K1 devices nor do they sell a BB Android!
    11-08-17 09:52 AM
    Interestingly, there are instructions on the Verizon website for activating VVM on a BB with Android which I don't understand because the options they show are not there on our unlocked CDMA K1 devices nor do they sell a BB Android!
    Verizon used to sell the BB Priv which is an android device. They were fully supported. So, it should not be that difficult. The setting you are likely seeing are from the marshmallow/lolipop versions - not how much they differ from Nougat, but probably enough that some options may or may not be there.

With regards to BB and Verizon, it seemed that Verizon has disavowed BB. Hopefully that will change in the future

Cheers,
    Greg
    11-08-17 10:55 AM
    Verizon used to sell the BB Priv which is an android device. They were fully supported. So, it should not be that difficult. The setting you are likely seeing are from the marshmallow/lolipop versions - not how much they differ from Nougat, but probably enough that some options may or may not be there.

With regards to BB and Verizon, it seemed that Verizon has disavowed BB. Hopefully that will change in the future

Cheers,
    Greg
    Hopefully it will come. When they provisioned my K1, they must have set VVM back to basic VM since I am getting the notification of a message at the top of the screen.
    11-09-17 08:41 AM

so for info sake can u explain in more detail as im sure alot of VZW forum members on here wouild like to know. m
    11-11-17 10:11 AM
    so for info sake can u explain in more detail as im sure alot of VZW forum members on here wouild like to know. m
    I believe that if you previously had visual voice-mail it won't work on the K1. So, if you want voice-mail at all, you need to have Verizon switch you back to basic voice-mail which is where you call your own number to listen to messages.
    11-11-17 10:45 AM
    So here is how this all came about... I had a Q10 (I still miss it, but I am learning to like the K1!), and way back when Verizon introduced Visual Voice Mail, I tried it and liked it well enough to keep the free basic version. This worked fine for years. Of course with the Q10, I had VVM and the icon that indicated I had a voice mail waiting in the system.

When I switched to the K1, it took me a week or so to realize that was not getting notification through the icon that I have a voice mails waiting on the VZW system. I could dial in manually and retrieve the VM, but what a pain! It was clear on the forums that VVM is not available for the K1, but all I really wanted was the VM icon to show back up so I know when a VM has been left for me. I called VZW, and they provided very good tech support and explained they need to change a setting in the VM system. They turned off basic VVM and reset back to VM only. They made a test call, and everything worked as it should. I now have the icon and when I swipe done from the top of the screen, VM shows up in the notifications, I click the screen, it dials directly into the system, get my voice mail, all is good!

I think you have to call VZW and have them reset your VM back to VM only. There probably is a setting somewhere in your on-line account that allows you to change the setting, but I gave up and just called.

Hope this helps!
    11-11-17 11:14 AM
    Yeah I loved VVM on my PRIV and have since moved to YouMail for a VVM replacement. It's not as good but I like being able to pick the Voicemail from a list of voicemail, pause, rewind, play again without dialing in. Free version does me just fine.
    11-11-17 01:54 PM
    I too use vzw and use the basic(not vvm) VM. Initially everything was fine as far as receiving notifications when I had a new vm but about 2-3 weeks ago the notifications stopped and now I have no idea if I have a new vm. Called vzw and blackberry support for help but neither one could resolve the issue. VZW said it was a blackberry problem (and I agree, VZW doesn't show any love for BB even though they carried the Priv and are supposedly going to carry the Motion) and when I called BB they said it was vzw problem. Does anyone know if you will lose your saved vm's if you do a vm reset?
    Would gratefully appreciate any guidance. Thanks
    06-24-18 10:35 PM