I updated my K1 to Oreo today. My carrier is TMobile. Phone unlocked and no carrier branding.

The first thing noticed was a WiFi calling icon in the upper left hand corner: stating something to the effect that WiFi calling was not available. The PopUp Notification panel also referred to WiFi calling not connected.

Pressing the Notification there was an Option to change the calling method.

The first option was to use WiFi Calling first before network.

By selecting the third option: to use Network first then use WiFi Calling the notification and icon disappeared.

I can't find any setting or shortcut to go back to that selection screen.

I can not be sure if TMobile WiFi calling even exists and or how to toggle it.
    08-23-18 02:41 PM
    Don't write a misleading title please.
    I'm on tmo and wifi calling is working fine. They just removed it from the settings (which is stupid imo). The way I got it to reappear is going to airplane mode, then enabling wifi.
    08-23-18 02:45 PM
    I'm on tmo and wifi calling is working fine. They just removed it from the settings (which is stupid imo). The way I got it to reappear is going to airplane mode, then enabling wifi.
    Your reply is worthy except it does not solve the problem of being able to select the priority options
    Use WiFi calling before Network
    Use Network only
    Use Network before WiFi calling

If upon initializing Oreo there may be a Notification to click for mode selection. My comment was there does not seem to be a way to go back to the selection.

I did not say in the heading that WiFi calling was not available ... only reflecting that it might be difficult to obtain if you turn it off.
    08-23-18 02:57 PM
    For me, one way to get that notification and configuration screen was simply reboot.

Another option that, also, seems to be working for me is to install an app to configures a shortcut: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13264952
    pooyam likes this.
    08-23-18 06:14 PM
    I am on TMobile and have been anxiously awaiting the Oreo update but haven't received notification yet. Did you get an OTA update or did you update through another means?
    08-23-18 06:27 PM
    What is your PRD? See top of page: https://tclota.birth-online.de/

I have KEYone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 with T-Mobile. This a.m., I read about the update going live and hit the check for updates in the Updates app.

It might make a difference to reboot, first.
    08-23-18 06:52 PM
    I have the same PRD and got the update today. WIFI calling still working also.
    08-23-18 06:58 PM
    Same PRD as you, but no love when checking for updates. I guess I'll just have to be patient.
    08-24-18 11:41 AM
    I don't think the title is misleading, I am on the T-Mobile network and have no ability to use wifi calling. Did I miss something in the update?
    08-26-18 01:22 PM
    I don't think the title is misleading, I am on the T-Mobile network and have no ability to use wifi calling. Did I miss something in the update?
    No ability to use because the enable option is missing? Or you enable it but it doesn't connect
    08-27-18 12:58 PM
    If it's like Motion (on T-mo) it can be a bit challenging to find the settings. Have you used the short-cut method? Or found it on the pull down notifications? Try turning Airplane Mode on then off and see if the notification bar becomes avail.
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-27-18 at 10:23 PM.
    08-27-18 09:56 PM
    I reported this to Blackberry and here's their reply:
    I am very sorry you had this problem with the WiFi calling after the software update.

With the software update made on the device, some service provider features were removed. Since this is not a branded device we do not guarantee that these features will work.

This has been escalated to development and if they decide to add the feature it would be on a future update.

Since there is no further steps for me to follow your case will be set to resolved and will close in 5 days.
    I'm on T-Mobile.
    08-28-18 12:58 PM
    I'm also on TMO with an unlocked BE key one.. since the update I am unable to use wifi calling... the airplane mode trick doesn't work for me. I've tried resetting the phone etc.. nothing. and no longer any options found to enable functionality
    08-28-18 10:40 PM
    I'm also on TMO with an unlocked BE key one.. since the update I am unable to use wifi calling... the airplane mode trick doesn't work for me. I've tried resetting the phone etc.. nothing. and no longer any options found to enable functionality
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13264753

Post #10 of that thread links to blog with a couple of tips.

1) Using the dialer, *#*#46368676#*#* gets you to a Phone info page where, at the bottom, you can turn on/off provisioning for wifi calling.

2) QuickShortCutMaker, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtcut&hl=en_US can be used to create a shortcut for turning on/off wifi calling and configure preferences.

In Post #16 of the thread, pooyam describes how to use QuickShortCutMaker to make the wifi calling shortcut.
    pooyam and mandony like this.
    08-29-18 06:20 AM
    Use ShortCutMaker, should take you right to the good ole wifi-calling menu.
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-29-18 at 09:34 AM.
    08-29-18 07:35 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13264753

Post #1 0 of that thread links to blog with a couple of tips.

1) Using the dialer, *#*#46368676#*#* gets you to a Phone info page where, at the bottom, you can turn on/off provisioning for wifi calling.

2) QuickShortCutMaker, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtcut&hl=en_US can be used to create a shortcut for turning on/off wifi calling and configure preferences.

In Post #1 6 of the thread, pooyam describes how to use QuickShortCutMaker to make the wifi calling shortcut.

Thanks #1 worked! Got the wifi calling active. One thing I noticed is prior to any calls, there is no longer a "vowifi" notification.. But during the call it specifies that is on wifi
    rolfep likes this.
    08-29-18 08:41 PM
    Shows up fine for me, or am I missing something?
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Oreo update on T-Mobile appears to have dropped WiFi calling-25903.jpg  
    08-29-18 10:52 PM
    Shows up fine for me, or am I missing something?
    Yeah, mine doesn't show that
    08-30-18 03:42 AM
    Thanks #1 worked! Got the wifi calling active. One thing I noticed is prior to any calls, there is no longer a "vowifi" notification.. But during the call it specifies that is on wifi
    Now that it's "provisioned" try the short cut maker, might wake up your menu. BTW, it seems to come and go at times.
    08-30-18 07:39 AM
    @mandony This is clearly a bug and should be reported as such. Use the Support Center app on your phone to submit feedback to BlackBerry Mobile. One shouldn’t have to install an app to create a shortcut in order to expose functionality that should be there and used to be there (in Nougat).

I also miss the additional, although tiny, VoWiFi icon that used to be displayed in the right side of the notification bar whenever the feature was enabled but I guess it was a duplication of the phone icon that appeared in the far left of the notification bar.
    rolfep and YehoshuaL like this.
    08-31-18 11:31 AM
    +1 VoWiFi icon
    09-03-18 02:12 PM
    Still no update for me....what the heck?
    09-05-18 10:35 AM
    This solution will NOT work with OREO 8.1.0. Same with Visual Voicemail.
    09-12-18 06:49 AM
    This solution will NOT work with OREO 8.1.0. Same with Visual Voicemail.
    Visual Voice Mail is a problem. But WFC works on my wife's KeyOne as it does on my Motion. The a/p mode sometimes works. But the Short Cut solution always works. Have you tried that?
    09-12-18 07:40 AM
    I have Tmobile and have wifi calling, but cannot find the wifi calling settings in settings since Oreo. HATE OREO!!!

I updated my K1 to Oreo today. My carrier is TMobile. Phone unlocked and no carrier branding.

The first thing noticed was a WiFi calling icon in the upper left hand corner: stating something to the effect that WiFi calling was not available. The PopUp Notification panel also referred to WiFi calling not connected.

Pressing the Notification there was an Option to change the calling method.

The first option was to use WiFi Calling first before network.

By selecting the third option: to use Network first then use WiFi Calling the notification and icon disappeared.

I can't find any setting or shortcut to go back to that selection screen.

I can not be sure if TMobile WiFi calling even exists and or how to toggle it.
    In on Tmobile w/k1, and have wifi calling after Oreo.
    09-12-18 11:36 AM
36 12