I wanted to get your opinion. Does disabling hub services return a significantly better battery life? I know CBK doesn't use hub services (from one of his vids). Neither does Mr. Mobile.

Anyone have any metrics or opinions?

Second question, anyone know of a way to assign a shortcut to open notification shade because I don't think I'll need HUB if I can somehow assign a shortcut to open notification shade.
    06-02-17 10:07 AM
    The shade has a permanent on-screen shortcut essentially. You just slide it in over anything. No need for a key to do it, right?
    06-02-17 10:12 AM
    The shade has a permanent on-screen shortcut essentially. You just slide it in over anything. No need for a key to do it, right?
    You're right but I'm talking about reachability on the screen. So right now i have shortcut 'h' assigned to hub so i can see all my notifications. Ideally if I remove hub then i'd like to press h to pull down the notification shade.
    06-02-17 10:22 AM
    I wanted to get your opinion. Does disabling hub services return a significantly better battery life? I know CBK doesn't use hub services (from one of his vids). Neither does Mr. Mobile.

Second question, anyone know of a way to assign a shortcut to open notification shade because I don't think I'll need HUB if I can somehow assign a shortcut to open notification shade.
    I have noticed zero battery performance difference in using Hub. Make sure you disable Gmail app though.
    Even if you just use it for email and turn everything else off its worth it. I have tried every other popular email app and always go back to HUB.
    There is NO other app that can have everything in one spot for texts, social media and email.
    06-02-17 10:25 AM
    I can't think of using a blackberry device without the hub. I even set my convenience key to automatically automobile open the hub.
    mrisad likes this.
    06-02-17 10:27 AM
    I have noticed zero battery performance difference in using Hub. Make sure you disable Gmail app though.
    Even if you just use it for email and turn everything else off its worth it. I have tried every other popular email app and always go back to HUB.
    There is NO other app that can have everything in one spot for texts, social media and email.
    good call, didn't disable gmail. I wonder if this will help battery life. I just disabled it.
    06-02-17 10:36 AM
    good call, didn't disable gmail. I wonder if this will help battery life. I just disabled it.
    Disable any app you will never use or sign out of it. Also turn location off on most apps unless you need it.
    mrisad likes this.
    06-02-17 10:38 AM
    I have disabled hub
    06-02-17 11:26 AM

After my initial day with the KEYone, noticed no significant battery drain. I like it more than I though I would actually.
    06-02-17 11:32 AM
    After unboxing my keyone I forced myself to use or at least try all of the included BlackBerry apps except for BBM and I've been presently surprised with the Hub so far.

I disabled the Gmail app and only use the Hub for emails and SMS but I like it way more than I was expecting to.
    06-02-17 12:02 PM
    I actually like using the hub, and pay for the subscription to have it on other devices.

I usually just use it for email. It is, in my opinion, the best email client on android.

Your tastes may vary, but it's damn good. So is the keyboard and the calendar.

With it, you can disable Gmail and other email clients. As well as if you're rooted (or have another method) you can also disable exchange services, since blackberry services have their own.

So any extra battery drain from the hub + hub services are quickly mitigated by what you can turn off.
    06-02-17 12:06 PM
    At a minimum, the Blackberry Hub is, in my opinion, the best email client on Android.
    06-02-17 12:09 PM
    Some folks have been reporting performance enhancements with the hub disabled. I like the hub, and I'm satisfied with performance with it enabled.
    06-02-17 12:20 PM
    I don't have a K1 yet - but there was another thread that indicated that turning off the HUB materially enhanced app loading. Things just opened faster. No mention, as I remember it, that battery life improved. CBK mentioned that he turned off the Hub as he had so many different sets of email accounts that he was inundated in the hub. I took from this that he just wanted to deal with the contents of one email account at a time.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 12:29 PM
    I don't have a K1 yet - but there was another thread that indicated that turning off the HUB materially enhanced app loading. Things just opened faster. No mention, as I remember it, that battery life improved. CBK mentioned that he turned off the Hub as he had so many different sets of email accounts that he was inundated in the hub. I took from this that he just wanted to deal with the contents of one email account at a time.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if they hadn't packed a midtier chip in the K1, this wouldn't be an issue.

Those people say that specs don't matter... well, they do for things like this.

To be fair, it's also on blackberry to optimize their apps as much as possible.
    06-02-17 12:57 PM
    Well, if they hadn't packed a midtier chip in the K1, this wouldn't be an issue.

Those people say that specs don't matter... well, they do for things like this.

To be fair, it's also on blackberry to optimize their apps as much as possible.
    Well app loading times are quicker than that of the DTEK60 which had an 820 and 4gb of ram so they really don't matter. If you put an 835 in this then you lose it's ridiculous battery life. I'm willing to trade off the slightest bit of performance if any for wicked battery life. I was against the 625 originally when it was first announced/ leaked, but upon using this device as my daily driver I am very impressed and satisfied with its performance.
    06-02-17 01:48 PM

I can't give you a reply in view of any saves on the battery life because I always enable the hub which is the most important feature for me apart of course of the keyboard.
    However you shouldn't worry at all about the battery life ! You can have a nearly two days battery life on wifi having all features and social media activated.
    06-02-17 02:52 PM