Dear colleagues!
    I became the lucky owner of the BB K1.
    Design and ergonomic is fantastic. Cool, that 5 mm less in width, than iphone 7P, ideal for my hand. Screen is not very bad compare to 7P. But:
    After using iOs devices for many years I feel a little bit dissapointed because of the sluggish Android system on the K1 - everywhere, when I open Apps, use Hub or browser or scroll pages. The delay is 3 to 7 seconds.

Maybe You can help. Saw a lot of fantastic reviews about K1. Maybe You can suggest how to optimize the system, what programms to download, which are useful and which not. Maybe some of You came from iOs too.

I am using these apps:
    MS Office, Chrome, Hub (email, telegram, bbm, whatsapp, skype, viber, facebook, vk, sms), Adobe, Scan programs, Rar, Zip, Bank apps, BB notes, calander, Apple music.
    Don't play games, sometimes watch films.
    My phone is my 24hours/7days a week business companion. So I want the very productive and efficient work machine. Help me, please.
    05-21-17 08:05 AM
    Dear colleagues!
    Design and ergonomic is fantastic. Cool, that 5 mm less in width, than iphone 7P, ideal for my hand. Screen is not very bad compare to 7P. But:
    After using iOs devices for many years I feel a little bit dissapointed because of the sluggish Android system on the K1 - everywhere, when I open Apps, use Hub or browser or scroll pages. The delay is 3 to 7 seconds.

Maybe You can help. Saw a lot of fantastic reviews about K1. Maybe You can suggest how to optimize the system, what programms to download, which are useful and which not. Maybe some of You came from iOs too.

I am using these apps:
    MS Office, Chrome, Hub (email, telegram, bbm, whatsapp, skype, viber, facebook, vk, sms), Adobe, Scan programs, Rar, Zip, Bank apps, BB notes, calander, Apple music.
    My phone is my 24hours/7days a week business companion. So I want the very productive and efficient work machine. Help me, please.
    You will have delay in opening apps as this isn't a flagship phone or has top of the range processor.
    However you can probable speed up the loading (switching) time by speeding up or totally removing the animations.

You will have to enable Developer's options and then hit down to the animations. I didn't turn them off but reduced the delay to 0.5x.

Other than that, I haven't seen delays after using iPhone 7 Plus for 7-8 months that concerns me.
    05-21-17 08:19 AM
    I am the bigginer, so I don't know, what is and how to enable Developer's mode.
    I know, that it is not flagship, but I thought, that 625 proc will be able to manage with all apps for work.
    05-21-17 08:29 AM
    Dear colleagues!

I am using these apps:
    7 seconds is way too long there is something that's not right I compared my DTEK50 vs my iPhone6 and their is no considerable difference is opening apps in fact the DTEK50 opens the Android apps quicker than the iPhone6. I'd reset the device.
    05-21-17 08:38 AM
    I am the bigginer, so I don't know, what is and how to enable Developer's mode.
    I know, that it is not flagship, but I thought, that 625 proc will be able to manage with all apps for work.
    It's working fine. I've got Android For Work working with a lot of office apps.

You need to go to System Settings
    Scroll all the way down to About phone
    Scroll all the way down to Build number
    Click 10 times on it and a message will say you have unlocked the Developer options

Then go one level back and you should see Developer options above About

Select Developer options
    Ensure the toggle at the top is enabled
    Scroll down and find:
    Windows animations scale
    Transition animations scale
    Animation duration scale, and set all of them to 0.5x.

You will see noticeable difference in switching at least. Also restart phone once in a while. It does make a difference.

Sorry in advance in any typos. I just typed it quickly using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Hope I covered it all 😉
    Last edited by TheBond; 05-21-17 at 08:51 AM.
    05-21-17 08:39 AM
    7 seconds is way too long there is something that's not right I compared my DTEK50 vs my iPhone6 and their is no considerable difference is opening apps in fact the DTEK50 opens the Android apps quicker than the iPhone6. I'd reset the device.
    I don't see any difference in time between my kids iPhone 7 and the KEYone for opening apps. You must have stuff running in the background.
    05-21-17 08:42 AM
    Nice thread. I recently moved the opposite direction from LG v10 (gorgeous phone but got deadly screen freeze) was waiting for keyone but needed a phone and ended up with iPhone 7 plus. First ever iPhone - great battery, secure but I feel it is slow.

Wondering whether to get a bb keyone and sell the iPhone 7+
    05-21-17 08:45 AM
    Cool!!! Thank You!!!
    I set all these 3 things - no animation.
    Great device!!! Became very quick!!!
    05-21-17 09:10 AM
    Cool!!! Thank You!!!
    I set all these 3 things - no animation.
    Great device!!! Became very quick!!!
    05-21-17 09:11 AM
    It's working fine. I've got Android For Work working with a lot of office apps.

You need to go to System Settings
    Scroll all the way down to About phone
    Scroll all the way down to Build number
    Click 10 times on it and a message will say you have unlocked the Developer options

Then go one level back and you should see Developer options above About

Select Developer options
    Ensure the toggle at the top is enabled
    Scroll down and find:
    Windows animations scale
    Transition animations scale
    Animation duration scale, and set all of them to 0.5x.

You will see noticeable difference in switching at least. Also restart phone once in a while. It does make a difference.

Sorry in advance in any typos. I just typed it quickly using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Hope I covered it all 😉
    And maybe You know, how can I make the screen more responsive? Sometimes I can't open Apps with the first click.
    05-21-17 09:15 AM
    Nice thread. I recently moved the opposite direction from LG v10 (gorgeous phone but got deadly screen freeze) was waiting for keyone but needed a phone and ended up with iPhone 7 plus. First ever iPhone - great battery, secure but I feel it is slow.

Wondering whether to get a bb keyone and sell the iPhone 7+
    I'm still rocking my V10. Actually I have two of them. They work great. I want to move to a K1, but I do love LG's desktop software (superb backup/restore), their calendar and contacts apps (and their associated widgets! one-touch dial, one-touch text), and most of all their tech support. Both my units got caught up in bootloop, both were bought used, and both were out of warranty--and LG repaired each one of them at zero cost to me. And the process was dead simple.

LG has earned my business. TCL has a decently high bar to reach. We'll see how badly I want my PKB back.
    05-21-17 09:15 AM
    And maybe You know, how can I make the screen more responsive? Sometimes I can't open Apps with the first click.
    Scree will be responsive, just do the second click!
    05-21-17 09:29 AM
    Scree will be responsive, just do the second click!
    You are joking))) it's less responsive, than the iphone screen.
    05-21-17 09:35 AM
    How long have you given the device to settle in? This does not sound like the reviews and it seems as something is wrong. Please keep us posted.
    05-21-17 09:35 AM
    Yes I am jokingly!!!
    05-21-17 09:37 AM
    I think its more likely Android issue, sometimes I have to second click on my Priv and screen Acknowledge my first touch yet I have to touch again
    05-21-17 09:40 AM
    Yeah! The same.
    05-21-17 09:49 AM
    K1 seems to be the real business device. I do all the work on it. Hub - fantastic feature. All notifications at one place.
    Maybe You can suggest more efficient and intersting programs. Do all of You use Hub?
    Maybe You know, where can I download dictionaries for word checking and prediction (grammar, punctuation)? Are such dictionaries available?
    05-21-17 10:22 AM
    Hey OP I'm very interested in your experience as I'm on iPhone 7P and want to switch to KEYone.

I use my phone for mainly business- lots of email, text, web browsing, google docs and sheets, camera/video, and maybe a YouTube video here and there and light social networking.

I don't play games on my phone and the issues I have with my iPhone 7P are as follows:

-too big to fit in one hand comfortably and drop it a lot (plus is uncomfortable to keep in a pocket)

- software keyboard makes typing out long emails/text extremely frustrating as auto correct and missed keystrokes become more prevalent the faster I go

- iOS seems more focused around games and apps and I have a hard time managing files/photo storage because of elusive options

-camera settings constantly default to HDR off and flash off even if I put in settings to keep previous settings

Wondering how your usage compares to the 7P as there are several things I like including:

-great camera

-fantastic battery life

-great multitasking with very few app reloads ever
    05-21-17 11:18 AM
    Dear colleagues!

I am using these apps:
    It should not take 3-7 seconds for your phone to respond. Maybe BlackBerry HUB is still syncing your accounts in the background and that's why it's happening.

But KEYone should respond instantaneously. Should be no significant difference between iPhone 7 Plus and KEYone at the speed they open apps.
    05-21-17 11:44 AM
    OP - one thing you may wish to think about for reasons of productivity, if you haven't already, is a good file manager. That is the one thing that BlackBerry didn't duplicate when they migrated to Android. Probably because there are some good ones already in the playstore. But if you want a productivity tool - that is one thing I would recommend. There is a thread or two around here with a lot of people's recommendations on which one is the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 02:29 PM
    Viktor, the four programs I can recommend are Brave (ad blocking browser that works just like Chrome), Pocket Informant (calendar with a great split 7-day view), Weather Timeline (multiple weather sources with an excellent widget) and gReader Pro (fast and simple RSS reader).
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-21-17 03:01 PM
    I'm still rocking my V10. Actually I have two of them. They work great. I want to move to a K1, but I do love LG's desktop software (superb backup/restore), their calendar and contacts apps (and their associated widgets! one-touch dial, one-touch text), and most of all their tech support. Both my units got caught up in bootloop, both were bought used, and both were out of warranty--and LG repaired each one of them at zero cost to me. And the process was dead simple.

LG has earned my business. TCL has a decently high bar to reach. We'll see how badly I want my PKB back.
    Glad you enjoying the v10 like I say gorgeous fast phone. One evening got the boot loop issue seen on the web. Phone won't come out of booting. So sad. I was lucky to get 1yr plus out of it. Keep everything backed up. Loads of videos and comments about it online. Keep enjoying it. Best phone I ever had but put off lg now
    05-21-17 04:55 PM
    K1 seems to be the real business device. I do all the work on it. Hub - fantastic feature. All notifications at one place.
    Maybe You can suggest more efficient and intersting programs. Do all of You use Hub?
    Maybe You know, where can I download dictionaries for word checking and prediction (grammar, punctuation)? Are such dictionaries available?
    I think the problem is not from the screen but its from the launcher itself.

Try this and tell me if it solve it

>> Hold on any plank space on the home button
    >> click on setting
    >> untick popup widgets

I wish it solve it
    05-21-17 06:44 PM