I have had this machine for nearly a month and have had no difficulties or problems. From Telus NA.

The keyboard is first-rate (even with big hands), the fingerprint sensor is excellent (quick response, ergonomically placed), the backlighting on the keys is ideal (low light response, keys clearly visible), the swipe feature is responsive.

I found I had to adjust the screen brightness down to suit my eyes, but have no problem with reading the screen.

Although I wasn't really familiar with Android, it took a while to appreciate, and I am very comfortable with the tradeoffs - this coming from a life-long BlackBerry user.

Because of the curved screen, screen protectors are a bit of a challenge, but there are some suggestions in these threads on one's that will work. I have a privacy screen which works well but I can see the fit will not work forever.

I am very happy with the camera. With any camera it takes a while to get used to, but once you understand how it handles light, you will get some really good pictures.

I confess that I don't game on this but do watch video and there are no complaints there.

If you need to use VPN this is great: no workarounds just a straightforward setup.

This phone will keep me in the BlackBerry fold for years to come.
    rx8er, fankuan and rarsen like this.
    06-30-17 10:47 AM
    Great writeup! Thanks for giving us your thoughts, enjoy your device.
    06-30-17 11:23 AM
    Glad you're enjoying your KEYone. I've looked forward to reading the feedback from new users.
    06-30-17 11:30 AM
    Nice review. I've had my KEYone for two months and not a single problem so far, hope yours continues being fault free. As for screen savers, I've had one fitted from day one, bought from Amazon UK. Fit the screen perfectly but don't follow the curve of the glass which isn't a problem.
    06-30-17 12:46 PM
    It sounds like your transition to Android was much smoother than mine. Happy to hear about another pleased KeyOne owner.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 02:01 PM
    Good review. I'm in the same boat. Making the transition from iOS was scary for me, but I've owned blackberry's in the past but not since the bold. I'm very, very happy with the device and would not consider switching to anything else. Blackberry earned my business again, and will be with them for a long time.
    06-30-17 02:09 PM
    Good to hear!
    06-30-17 02:23 PM
    Here's an amazing review just released by ZDnet. The author sure seems to also love using the KEYone as well!

http://www.zdnet.com/article/one-mon...d-level-specs/
    06-30-17 02:45 PM
    Good review. I'm in the same boat. Making the transition from iOS was scary for me, but I've owned blackberry's in the past but not since the bold. I'm very, very happy with the device and would not consider switching to anything else. Blackberry earned my business again, and will be with them for a long time.
    One thing I didn't mention. Going from a wider device, it's nice to be able to do everything one handed if needs be.
    NightFire likes this.
    06-30-17 09:24 PM
    Welcome back to the fold!
    07-01-17 07:19 AM