only 1 user got this update? really? no screenshot was made? based on this, it looks like a fake news
    All Chinese models have received the update. -4 and -5 device variants.
    08-08-18 03:25 PM
    check the TCL server the version mentionner is actually out.
    08-08-18 03:26 PM
    sorry no it is not at all childish. It is called customer Service. they promise actual Updates and we Do Not get those. i use bb for years and it has only a Chance legt. key2 has Oreo so it should be no Problem for K1 but they Do Not care for customer. high end price means high end Service. if they can not deliver final Updates, Release beta Updates and take the preassure down, i am sick of waiting. sorry.
    They never once promised quick OS updates. They only promised timely security updates. An if you have being using a Blackberry device for years you would know blackberry has NEVER pushed out fast OS updates. Plus the KEYone is not a high end device. It's a mid tier device at best. Not to mention even the Galaxy S9 (high end device) isn't on the current Oreo update and it came out in February 2018. It's still on 8.0 instead of 8.1.
    08-08-18 03:29 PM
    They never once promised quick OS updates. They only promised timely security updates. An if you have being using a Blackberry device for years you would know blackberry has NEVER pushed out fast OS updates. Plus the KEYone is not a high end device. It's a mid tier device at best. Not to mention even the Galaxy S9 (high end device) isn't on the current Oreo update and it came out in February 2018. It's still on 8.0 instead of 8.1.
    Had high end price when it was released though. Ok no high end specs, but at least good customer service should be there. I mean i am waiting for bug fixes for a year know, and they were common issues. BB was aware of them they said me
    08-08-18 04:05 PM
    my k1 has security Patch june.
    IT is August!!!

i paid 599 Euro.
    i paid 450 Euro for my Note 8 running Oreo.
    08-08-18 04:06 PM
    i love bb but they have to be better to compete.
    08-08-18 04:07 PM
    I paid $599 for iPhone 8 plus and I expect high end customer service.
    08-08-18 04:08 PM
    i love bb but they have to be better to compete.
    Just wait. Someone will come here and say 'but they don't want to compete. it's ONLY for enterprise. It's a tool not a toy. It's a niche device'. Only excuses
    08-08-18 04:09 PM
    my k1 has security Patch june.
    IT is August!!!

i paid 599 Euro.
    i paid 450 Euro for my Note 8 running Oreo.
    Oreo has the July patch. It has begun its rollout.
    08-08-18 04:09 PM
    Just wait. Someone will come here and say 'but they don't want to compete. it's ONLY for enterprise. It's a tool not a toy. It's a niche device'. Only excuses
    It takes many months to go from a stable base to a hardened BlackBerry Android release.

Oreo 8.0 was a mess, and set BlackBerry back months having to start over again with 8.1.

Having the latest letter upgrade is not always the optimal overall solution, depending on what your priorities are.

If all you're looking for is the latest letter update - there are plenty of other good choices. But that doesn't make them "better".
    08-08-18 04:10 PM
    It takes many months to go from a stable base to a hardened BlackBerry Android release.

Oreo 8.0 was a mess, and set BlackBerry back months having to start over again with 8.1.

Having the latest letter upgrade is not always the optimal overall solution, depending on what your priorities are.
    I don't need the latest. I just need bugfixes, which accidentally happen to be in the latest upgrade.
    At least thats what someone from BB told me
    08-08-18 04:11 PM
    I don't need the latest. I just need bugfixes, which accidentally happen to be in the latest upgrade
    I must have missed your post. What bugs?
    08-08-18 04:13 PM
    i have specific bugs for the qwertz version exclusively. like when you unlock with pin the alt layout is swapped for the Numbers. instead of y for 7 i have to press z for 7.

and also some custom sym layout bugs.
    Nothing huge but still annoying
    08-08-18 04:14 PM
    And that someone will carry DSLR to take photos.
    Moon_Man likes this.
    08-08-18 04:19 PM
    sorry no it is not at all childish. It is called customer Service. they promise actual Updates and we Do Not get those. i use bb for years and it has only a Chance legt. key2 has Oreo so it should be no Problem for K1 but they Do Not care for customer. high end price means high end Service. if they can not deliver final Updates, Release beta Updates and take the preassure down, i am sick of waiting. sorry.
    Nice job of taking a feel good thread and turning it into I'm a spoiled child who will run away from home if I don't get ice cream right now! Was ice cream an android version?
    the_boon likes this.
    08-08-18 04:36 PM
    i have specific bugs for the qwertz version exclusively. like when you unlock with pin the alt layout is swapped for the Numbers. instead of y for 7 i have to press z for 7.

and also some custom sym layout bugs.
    Nothing huge but still annoying
    There is a brand new keyboard update in the playstore right now. Maybe they fixed at least one of your issues!
    08-08-18 04:49 PM
    What high end prices? Mid-tier device and price at most....
    08-08-18 04:58 PM
    only 1 user got this update? really? no screenshot was made? based on this, it looks like a fake news
    I have a screen shot but not sure how to upload onto this forum. If someone could explain how I will do it. Can it be done using the Crackberry App?
    Last edited by nglfmark; 08-09-18 at 01:15 AM.
    bbone99 likes this.
    08-08-18 07:01 PM
    08-08-18 07:06 PM
    I have a screen shoot but not sure how to upload onto this forum. If someone could explain how I will do it. Can it be done using the Crackberry App?
    You're better off uploading the photo to somewhere like Imgur and pasting the link here.
    08-08-18 07:06 PM
    It will probably take a week or two to roll out to everyone.
    Isn't there another beta version released to testers 2 days ago? Wonder why the original build was released as official but another version for beta testing.
    08-08-18 07:07 PM
    The link I posted shows the screen shot, I don't know how to embed the pic in this post? The phone is the model sold in China and was bought Carrier Free in HK. I'm using 1010 network in HK. Don't know if other using the same model in the States or other countries will get this update the same time? Maybe it is only a China "special" update due to the "special" date 08.08.18 as mentioned in my original post. The widgets when pressing the icons on the screen have also changed.
    08-08-18 07:11 PM
    Isn't there another beta version released to testers 2 days ago? Wonder why the original build was released as official but another version for beta testing.
    I have a feeling that the beta is like the Priv beta of old, i.e. the regular release builds but with a small cohort expected to file bug reports. The current beta build is expected to drop in North America soon.
    08-08-18 07:12 PM
    The link I posted shows the screen shot, I don't know how to embed the pic in this post? The phone is the model sold in China and was bought Carrier Free in HK. I'm using 1010 network in HK. Don't know if other using the same model in the States or other countries will get this update the same time? Maybe it is only a China "special" update due to the "special" date 08.08.18 as mentioned in my original post. The widgets when pressing the icons on the screen have also changed.
    It's only the BBB100-4 (only released in China) and the BBB100-5 PRD-63736-002 (the PRD for the variant released in China) getting Oreo right now. Presumably TCL gave it the home field advantage.
    08-08-18 07:15 PM
    It's only the BBB100-4 (only released in China) and the BBB100-5 PRD-63736-002 (the PRD for the variant released in China) getting Oreo right now. Presumably TCL gave it the home field advantage.
    I look at it as releasing it to a specific region as a final soak test.
    08-08-18 07:29 PM
71 123