I just received my Keyone Black Edition, I must say it looks nice but for some reason the Passport looked more premium, that's how it felt and looked to me, even the box did to be honest. Anyhow, I'm sure the Keyone will perform great and can't wait to get into it properly. Just a few things that I can't find:

With the Passport, swiping gently from keyboard to screen would light up the screen, I can't seem to do it on the Keyone, has that function disappeared or just needs to be setup?

How do you close apps properly after using them they always seem to stay in the recent thingy squared button?

What do you use instead of Blend?

I used transfer content for the switch and already have setup Whatsapp on the Keyone, is there a way I can recover the old chats on the Passport?
    Last edited by crowning73; 12-19-17 at 01:23 AM.
    12-19-17 12:56 AM
    Bit of advice, do not try imagine that Android works the same as BB10. Go through the stickies on this forum. Use the BlackBerry Help app. Start there and come back in 2 days.
    12-19-17 01:56 AM
    I don't have a K1 but if it's anything like the dtek50, you can set up double tap to wake and sleep the phone. As for closing apps once minimised just flick it to the left or press the small x. It's great getting a new phone ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 02:14 AM
    The passport looks more premium because it is more premium.

I have an eye for design and detail and I can assure you the keyone is not a premium looking device. It amazes me the people who describe it as a premium looking device.

It does look striking though and unless you really inspect it you will not see the cheapness.

All that said, the keyone is the best phone ever.
    12-19-17 03:49 AM
    The passport looks more premium because it is more premium.

I have an eye for design and detail and I can assure you the keyone is not a premium looking device. It amazes me the people who describe it as a premium looking device.

It does look striking though and unless you really inspect it you will not see the cheapness.

All that said, the keyone is the best phone ever.
    Lol
    12-19-17 03:58 AM
    I just received my Keyone Black Edition, I must say it looks nice but for some reason the Passport looked more premium, that's how it felt and looked to me, even the box did to be honest. Anyhow, I'm sure the Keyone will perform great and can't wait to get into it properly. Just a few things that I can't find:

With the Passport, swiping gently from keyboard to screen would light up the screen, I can't seem to do it on the Keyone, has that function disappeared or just needs to be setup?

How do you close apps properly after using them they always seem to stay in the recent thingy squared button?

What do you use instead of Blend?

I used transfer content for the switch and already have setup Whatsapp on the Keyone, is there a way I can recover the old chats on the Passport?
    The KeyOne does not awake from a SWIPE. You will need to Double Tap and then depending on your security/password, respond accordingly.

You do NOT swipe away apps like on BB10. In Recents, you can either tap the little X or swipe in the recents mode. You can change how they appear in Recents - Rolodex, tiles or 3rd choice.

The loss of BLEND is something I still have not overcome fully. As a matter of fact, I still use it. I have my Z30 on a Qi wireless charging pad and it feeds Blend to my desktop computer. There is nothing that fully replaces wifi sharing either. I'm still looking for a complete substitute.

I don't use WhatsApp but I think you can export and import from some threads I've seen pass in discussions.

It will take a while to get use to the Android way of doing stuff. But you will adapt. When I do have to intervene on my Z30 (to keep blend going), I now tend to double tap to wake it up and then remember if needs the traditional (and incredibly advanced) swipe to wake.
    12-19-17 09:41 AM
    Lol
    No laughing! You have his assurances that it is NOT a premium looking device. This is fact and undebatable.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    12-19-17 10:49 AM