Reading on the phone while in bed, it slips off your hands and falls on your face.

Pulling the phone out of your pocket (mine goes in the plant's back pocket), and it comes off and flies off your hand.

This is the first BlackBerry phone that I ever owned that slips a ton and already has scratches in the first two months I've owned it. It hurts.

And before anyone says I need to get a case, we're in 2017... going naked should be totally fine.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-14-17 08:28 AM
    I don't get where you come to the conclusion that it "should" be fine...
    RoseBud68 and SK122387 like this.
    09-14-17 08:30 AM
    Actually my experience is opposite. Coming from an iPhone 7+ this thing solidly stays in my hand where the 7+ would fly out.
    bb624 likes this.
    09-14-17 08:31 AM

And before anyone says I need to get a case, we're in 2017... going naked should be totally fine.
    I don't have a Keyone, but with that statement... are you serious?

Almost every phone made today is so frickin' fragile that all you see are cases on them - now more than ever.

The first day my son - a 20-year-old - got his Galaxy S8, he dropped it and crushed the upper left corner (having an all glass front and back). An Otterbox case actually hides it so it still works for him, but still.

2007, you could easily go without a case for most phones. 2017? Not so much.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-14-17 08:51 AM
    You're lucky they fixed the problem when the phone would stay in your hand but the screen would fall off.
    09-14-17 08:55 AM
    The back of the KEYone is just tacky enough that it doesn't slip out of my hand naked, but it is on the heavy side (which I really like) and it's large enough that, over time, I find one-handed use fatiguing . But, I almost always use two hands.

I did pick up the $10 Ringke case, as an experiment (the first case I've ever put on ANY smartphone!). I felt compelled to because of the way the rear camera lens sticks out, just begging to be scratched or broken.

Since 2013 I've carried my phone in a jacket or front pants pocket. 95% of the time, but this phone is just begging for a leather holster, because it's so much bigger than my Z10.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-14-17 09:04 AM
    handle with care: Keyone is a fine piece of engineering..
    09-14-17 09:39 AM
    The back of the KEYone is just tacky enough that it doesn't slip out of my hand naked, but it is on the heavy side (which I really like) and it's large enough that, over time, I find one-handed use fatiguing . But, I almost always use two hands.

I did pick up the $10 Ringke case, as an experiment (the first case I've ever put on ANY smartphone!). I felt compelled to because of the way the rear camera lens sticks out, just begging to be scratched or broken.

Since 2013 I've carried my phone in a jacket or front pants pocket. 95% of the time, but this phone is just begging for a leather holster, because it's so much bigger than my Z10.

It's a great case.... I got the smoke one
    09-14-17 09:45 AM
    It's a great case.... I got the smoke one
    Same here. Looks perfect on the AT&T Space Black edition.

09-14-17 09:51 AM
    I don't really find the KEYone slippery but I probably would not have put it in a case anyway. I have always used a leather holster with my phones so I picked up a Leap holster from Amazon for $20 and it fits quite well.
    09-14-17 09:55 AM
    I agree, it's a slippery phone when compared to the Q10. I find the polished sides to be particularly slippy - wish they put some of that great tacky rubber they have on the back on the sides also (even if just a small bead.

I agree with you on the case - we really shouldn't need one to fix this slippy issue, but it's what we got the moment
    09-14-17 11:13 AM
    You're lucky they fixed the problem when the phone would stay in your hand but the screen would fall off.
    Smack!
    09-14-17 11:26 AM
    When phones are approaching 1k in price, and made largely of glass, going naked is a pretty costly gamble. I use a very minimal clear gel case. It's hardly much protection. But this phone seems pretty durable. The all glass designs drive me nuts. Why would u wrap a phone in glass? Oh I know, to sell more replacements and parts.
    RoseBud68 and oc6204 like this.
    09-14-17 11:27 AM
    The all glass designs drive me nuts. Why would u wrap a phone in glass? Oh I know, to sell more replacements and parts.
    Glass makes wireless charging possible. Other than that, just makes phones more fragile and heavy (and fragile because they're heavier). The weight of a phone plays a significant role in how damaged it'll end up if dropped.
    09-14-17 12:24 PM
    One day we'll laugh at the idea of glass mobile devices. It's so obviously silly.

BigAl_BB9900, Mtro and TCM01 like this.
    09-14-17 12:26 PM
    I have a great idea for a new BlackBerry and this device will be greater then the Keyone, WHY because this device show patriotism. Lets make BlackBerry great again
    09-14-17 12:30 PM
    Reading on the phone while in bed, it slips off your hands and falls on your face.

Pulling the phone out of your pocket (mine goes in the plant's back pocket), and it comes off and flies off your hand.

This is the first BlackBerry phone that I ever owned that slips a ton and already has scratches in the first two months I've owned it. It hurts.

I dunno Devil, maybe you need to use some lotion on your hands or something. They seem dry if you're having that much of an issue lol. Try Lubriderm, it's good stuff!
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-14-17 05:25 PM
    you are suffering from a condition called dropsy, cure apply one drop of super glue to each finger tip. Problem solved.
    09-14-17 05:53 PM
    Coming from Passport. I think it is slippery. I find it awkward to pickup from a flat surface because of rounded corners. I hold things tight by habit (mechanic) but to me the K1 feels too fragile to apply the vice grip Passport gets. I am getting a case and holster for it. I understand why you don't want to.

You'll learn how to hold it so it doesn't flip forward on you in bed. Passport did this to me initially. Or turn to portrait, hold with one hand and scroll with your thumb on the keyboard.

Pocket removal: Don't pinch the top with just thumb and forefinger to pull it out. Reach down to the bottom of your pocket on the outside of your pants. Push the bottom edge up until the frame slides into your palm. Keep it between your palm and body then grip the sides with palm and fingers to remove completely.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-14-17 06:51 PM
    I don't use a case. It feels durable without one. But it has a slippery element to it and I hope the K2 addresses it.
    09-14-17 08:38 PM
    I agree, Keyone is very slippery. And I've been wacked in the face plenty of times laying in bed. Maybe you could get one of those finger things that go on the back and still go naked. I love the finger thing.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    09-14-17 08:44 PM
    I agree, Keyone is very slippery. And I've been wacked in the face plenty of times laying in bed. Maybe you could get one of those finger things that go on the back and still go naked. I love the finger thing.
    My wife loves the finger thing too.
    Andreabb, nglfmark and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-14-17 10:06 PM
    I have a Ringke Fusion clear case with the CB ring attached to the back of it, and I can't believe how easy it is to handle. In the past I always used my devices naked, but with this combo I'm pretty confident I won't drop it on the floor or my face.
    Andreabb likes this.
    09-14-17 10:53 PM
    put in the Style ring and u are good to go. bought mine only RM8 (USD 1.5)
    09-14-17 10:57 PM
    Almost every person I've known with an iPhone has had a cracked screen. Now that's now everybody, but it's pretty funny.

Smooth is Apple.

Remember back on the day when mobiles then cases used to have a little hole or loop to insert a lanyard. Ah, back in the day.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-14-17 11:17 PM
48 12