yeah it's 2017 and every phone is made out of glass , enjoy.
    09-14-17 11:18 PM
    Almost every person I've known with an iPhone has had a cracked screen. Now that's now everybody, but it's pretty funny.

Smooth is Apple.

Remember back on the day when mobiles then cases used to have a little hole or loop to insert a lanyard. Ah, back in the day.
    I even improvised one on my 9930 in an otterbox.
    09-15-17 12:21 AM
    hasn't fallen out yet, but it has the least grip of past blackberry phones with a keyboard. still better grip than other phones out there, especially when hands get sweaty.
    09-15-17 12:48 AM
    Pulling the phone out of your pocket (mine goes in the plant's back pocket), and it comes off and flies off your hand.

This is the first BlackBerry phone that I ever owned that slips a ton and already has scratches in the first two months I've owned it. It hurts.
    Same here. Consider clear-coat cases.
    09-15-17 09:30 AM
    Same here. Consider clear-coat cases.
    Only problem with those is that they tarnish to ugly yellowness...and quite fast actually.

I ordered one for my K1 and it's already not as perfectly clear as day one.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-15-17 10:02 AM
    I don't have a Keyone, but with that statement... are you serious?

Almost every phone made today is so frickin' fragile that all you see are cases on them - now more than ever.

The first day my son - a 20-year-old - got his Galaxy S8, he dropped it and crushed the upper left corner (having an all glass front and back). An Otterbox case actually hides it so it still works for him, but still.

2007, you could easily go without a case for most phones. 2017? Not so much.
    for slim news you sacrifice a. bit of durability! I was rushing to leave work and forgot I had tucked my HP Spectre 13" underneath my coat and computer bag in the work funny hole!!!!!"Loud boom"!!! I look down and my HP Spectre had hit the steel plated flooring and bent the corner and also warped the device! it now wobbles when open on. flat surface!!!!!

My 1st thought!!!!
    "damn should have had a case it!!!!"
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-15-17 12:31 PM
    Not slippery, but top heavy. It sometimes falls backwards out of my hands when I'm typing.
    09-15-17 01:20 PM
    I've always had a case for my smartphone, from the first iPhone I bought 10 years ago. They just always seemed fragile to me compared to the non-smartphones I had before them. Although the KeyOne feels to me far more sturdy and solid than any iPhone I'd had (every model up to 6s), it still doesn't feel (to my memory) like my BlackBerry did when I owned one. Maybe it's the expense of phones these days that gives me pause.

I do agree that the phone feels top heavy, but yes I definitely found the back of the KeyOne more slippery than I thought it would be after watching youtube video reviews of the phone. But I also think it does feel a whole lot less slippery than my iPhones did.

Whatever the case, I purchased the Ringke clear case and love it. It doesn't detract from the design of the phone, adds some grip to the back, and gives me more of a sense of security.
    09-15-17 07:50 PM
    I have had my KEYᴼᴺᴱ in a case since day one. Love my phone. Never slips out of the case!!
    09-15-17 08:27 PM
    slippery? no way....... how is this phone slippery
    09-15-17 08:41 PM
    Yes, I definitely found it to be slippery compared to my Classic. There was not alot of grip. I was trying to remember if they marketed grippy material on the back, because I couldn't tell, lol. Alot better with the dual layer case. The only case I will ever use on it.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-15-17 11:31 PM
    slippery? no way....... how is this phone slippery
    I understand slippery in this case to mean when the parts of the fingers in contact with the back (or sides) of the phone do not attain sufficient friction so as to prevent unwanted movement. Although there is a contoured surface on the back of the KeyOne, for most people it seems the grooves in their fingerprints aren't deep enough to attain purchase.
    09-15-17 11:34 PM
    Only problem with those is that they tarnish to ugly yellowness...and quite fast actually.

I ordered one for my K1 and it's already not as perfectly clear as day one.
    thanks for your input
    09-16-17 05:38 AM
    If you're not going to protect your phone with a case then you really should not be complaining to anyone. You are advertising a poor decision you made but at the same time saying you right.

Who would have thought that gravity would pull the phone out of your hands and slam it into your face while laying in bed?
    That's nutz!

Get a phone ring or style ring.
    RoseBud68 and TCM01 like this.
    09-16-17 06:08 AM
    If you're not going to protect your phone with a case then you really should not be complaining to anyone. You are advertising a poor decision you made but at the same time saying you right.

Who would have thought that gravity would pull the phone out of your hands and slam it into your face while laying in bed?
    That's nutz!

Get a phone ring or style ring.
    Carrying a phone naked is a "poor decision"?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-16-17 12:18 PM
    Always a learning curve with new hand held items. Takes time and practice to develop the muscle memory to wield it effectively without thinking about it. Phone, tool, gun.

When I first shot my Tikka T3 .338winmag, it jumped out of my hand and smacked me in the forehead. Maybe I should get finger ring thingy for that
    09-16-17 12:36 PM

Naked with the oem pocket is perfect. Why hide what the designers worked so hard on showing.
    09-16-17 10:10 PM

Only way I carry a phone naked is on Pirate's Cove nude beach, CALIFORNIA lol.
    I like to keep my things in immaculate shape so they last.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-17-17 at 10:18 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-17 07:17 AM
    Yeah the KeyOne is the first phone I've ever put a case on. The sides and back should have been made exactly as on the Classic. At least the Ringke case easily solves the issue, though at the cost of being slightly harder to pocket.
    09-17-17 10:07 AM
    Coming from Passport. I think it is slippery. I find it awkward to pickup from a flat surface because of rounded corners. I hold things tight by habit (mechanic) but to me the K1 feels too fragile to apply the vice grip Passport gets. I am getting a case and holster for it. I understand why you don't want to.

You'll learn how to hold it so it doesn't flip forward on you in bed. Passport did this to me initially. Or turn to portrait, hold with one hand and scroll with your thumb on the keyboard.

Pocket removal: Don't pinch the top with just thumb and forefinger to pull it out. Reach down to the bottom of your pocket on the outside of your pants. Push the bottom edge up until the frame slides into your palm. Keep it between your palm and body then grip the sides with palm and fingers to remove completely.
    Thanks so much. Hopefully this will tide me over!
    09-20-17 09:26 AM
    My wife loves the finger thing too.
    This has me dying...
    09-20-17 09:27 AM
    I agree, Keyone is very slippery. And I've been wacked in the face plenty of times laying in bed. Maybe you could get one of those finger things that go on the back and still go naked. I love the finger thing.
    What exactly is the finger thing Andrea? I have never seen one! And others are mentioning a style ring.
    09-20-17 09:27 AM
    Amen.
    09-20-17 10:14 AM
48 12