Hi all!

I just bought the Keyone BE after a lot of thinking and reading through this forum (indirectly thanks to everyone)

I just really needed to live the PKB experience again, i'm coming from a note 8 that was a really good phone and still is. I passed on the Note 9 and the Key2 just didn't feel like a justified buy considering the specs and the price (maybe 480-500 would be more reasonable).

Do you have any tips for me? I read a lot about changing the animations speed. (And I know I will have to make some mind readjustment considering the Keyone's hardware vs the Note 8)

Great day to everyone!
    03-26-19 11:01 AM
    Congratulations. I came back to BlackBerry with the BE KeyOne as well. I switched from my S9. My best recommendations are to reduce animations to .5 as noted (simply turn on developer mode), start fresh and do not install all apps from a back up (HUB will pull in a ton of emails if you wish when set up) Add your apps clean. Lastly disable Chrome Web browser and load the Samsung Browser. Those three things and I believe you will be quite impressed. 👍If you are on T-Mobile throw digits on your note and you can pick up and use that if and when needed for calls and regular texts on WiFi. 😎👊🤘
    Jorge Barrios1 likes this.
    03-26-19 04:01 PM
    In addition to the previous poster (though I went to Opera after disabling Chrome), is take full advantage of short cutting the keys for everything from your wife's phone number to your favorite weather app. In addition take advantage of the productivity tab (I never thought I would use it at first). I would also replaced the file manager and I installed Yaata for texting. I use MP3 player for music rather than the google music player and also set up an outlook account to sync my calendar and tasks. Just some ideas for you to consider.
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-27-19 06:52 PM
    Good choice going with BlackBerry edition when getting a KEYone. Enjoy
    03-27-19 10:12 PM
    Agree with changing messages app, though I hear that newer versions have improvements. Depending on your carrier, you may even get RCS messaging if you use stock Android app, which also allows you to access messaging from other devices... that is to say sms functionality beginning to converge to iMessage.

RCS = read notifications / "..." message being composed indicator etc.

I'm using PulseSMS, but my carrier only supports RCS on the latest Samsung devices.

You may also want to consider switching to Nova Launcher.
    03-27-19 10:18 PM
    I can recommend fastkey. With this app you can switch between the apps instantly but looses the convienence key for that app.
    03-28-19 09:28 AM
    If you are on T-Mobile throw digits on your note and you can pick up and use that if and when needed for calls and regular texts on WiFi. ������������������
    What does that mean? How do you do it? I'm on TMO and have no idea what you just said.
    03-29-19 10:50 PM
    If you are on T-Mobile throw digits on your note and you can pick up and use that if and when needed for calls and regular texts on WiFi. 😎👊🤘
    What does that mean? How do you do it? I'm on TMO and have no idea what you just said.
    03-29-19 10:50 PM
    I prefer the paid textra app. get paid versions of your regular apps when you can. reduces the frustration of seeing ads all the time.
    03-30-19 06:35 AM
    Go to the Google Play Store on any of your devices (tablets included) and add the T-Mobile Digits App. Follow the simple instructions and your SIM less device can now be used to send and receive texts and make phone calls over WiFi. For example my T-Mobile SIM is in my BlackBerry Black Edition KeyOne. I put the T-Mobile Digits App on my DTEK50 (that is just used over WiFi around the house) log in and now my DTEK50 receives incoming text and phone calls from my T-Mobile number thus I can use it, if say my BE is charging (as mine is now) and I am reading the news and these forums. Give it a try. Super cool.
    03-30-19 11:12 AM
    I prefer the paid textra app. get paid versions of your regular apps when you can. reduces the frustration of seeing ads all the time.
    I had the Pro / paid Textra App on a former Samsung S7 Edge and liked the look and customization however my wife, mother in law, and me all had issues not receiving texts. We all moved back to stock Samsung Messenger App and never had issue. I prefer the stock Android Messenger App on my BE KeyOne. Integrates well with Contacts and zero issue sending and or receiving to other Android and iOS (my daughter) devices. RCS when fully adopted and implemented by carriers will be excellent.
    03-30-19 11:19 AM
    verizon messages is a good text app
    03-30-19 12:09 PM
    Had textra on PRIV and now BE. No problems.
    03-30-19 03:48 PM
    Go to the Google Play Store on any of your devices (tablets included) and add the T-Mobile Digits App. Follow the simple instructions and your SIM less device can now be used to send and receive texts and make phone calls over WiFi. For example my T-Mobile SIM is in my BlackBerry Black Edition KeyOne. I put the T-Mobile Digits App on my DTEK50 (that is just used over WiFi around the house) log in and now my DTEK50 receives incoming text and phone calls from my T-Mobile number thus I can use it, if say my BE is charging (as mine is now) and I am reading the news and these forums. Give it a try. Super cool.
    I will do just that, sounds cool.
    03-30-19 11:29 PM
    I will do just that, sounds cool.
    Did you get Digits set up? Curious to see if you are as impressed with its functionality as I am.
    04-01-19 12:17 AM
    I can recommend fastkey. With this app you can switch between the apps instantly but looses the convienence key for that app.
    Where can I get such an App? I didn't find it on the play store.
    04-01-19 11:10 AM
    Look here

One of my favorite apps
    Last edited by Paulelmar18; 04-02-19 at 08:03 AM.
    04-02-19 07:29 AM
    thnak you all for your responses, already rocking this device it is really better than I expected.

just wondering in the note I had a Samsung app that managed maintenance like deleting caché, what app do you use for that?
    04-05-19 12:12 PM
    I have a Motion and just got a KEYone BE also. Definitely a different experience. Enjoying it.
    04-05-19 09:25 PM
    thnak you all for your responses, already rocking this device it is really better than I expected.

just wondering in the note I had a Samsung app that managed maintenance like deleting caché, what app do you use for that?
    Yes - download "Files" by Google. Nifty app that will clean things up for you.
    Jorge Barrios1 likes this.
    04-05-19 11:47 PM
    Did you get Digits set up? Curious to see if you are as impressed with its functionality as I am.
    No, I didn't see the part about another device. I thought it would work from my laptop but I guess not.
    04-06-19 06:39 PM
    I had the Pro / paid Textra App on a former Samsung S7 Edge and liked the look and customization however my wife, mother in law, and me all had issues not receiving texts. We all moved back to stock Samsung Messenger App and never had issue. I prefer the stock Android Messenger App on my BE KeyOne. Integrates well with Contacts and zero issue sending and or receiving to other Android and iOS (my daughter) devices. RCS when fully adopted and implemented by carriers will be excellent.
    I have that issue with missing text with Textra also.
    04-06-19 06:44 PM
    I traded my Slate LE (kept my Atomic of course) and my iPhone SE for a Google Pixel 2 XL, as I was bored of the iPhone (Typo PKB case wasn't doing it for me) and I already had an LE.

Then it didn't feel right having 2 slabs and 1 PKB in the house so I ordered from eBay a seller refurbished KEYone LEB (limited edition black) BBB100-7 dual Sim Indian, and it's awesome I missed the capacitive keyboard, better keyboard backlighting and much better LED notification light, as well as 500mAh extra of battery.
    Other than that, still really like my Atomic LE, so I plan on switching back and forth between the two until KEY3 or maybe a good deal on KEY2
    04-06-19 11:54 PM
    I also use Digits. I have 2 phones with 2 numbers. But I only give out one number and if people call me on that number it rings on both phones. The 2nd number is only for family. If people dial that number, it is the only one that rings. I am using a PRIV and a KEYone for this setup. I got Digits from T-Mobile when it first came out. I don't know if new subscribers have any cost now. At the time, I got it, I didn't pay any monthly charge for it. It was new and experimental at the time.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-07-19 02:03 AM
    I also use Digits. I have 2 phones with 2 numbers. But I only give out one number and if people call me on that number it rings on both phones. The 2nd number is only for family. If people dial that number, it is the only one that rings. I am using a PRIV and a KEYone for this setup. I got Digits from T-Mobile when it first came out. I don't know if new subscribers have any cost now. At the time, I got it, I didn't pay any monthly charge for it. It was new and experimental at the time.
    Does anyone know if a similar service is available from Canadian carriers?
    04-07-19 06:38 AM
26 12