I disabled it after getting tired of double notifications

Like if I open Whatsapp to read a message and it's marked as read, I would still see it as unread in the hub. Same goes for e-mail. This become tiring to keep on going to the app then to the hub to mark as read so I disabled it and I'm much happier now. I don't have to worry about double notifications / unread items

anyone else feel the same? Such a poor integration.
    05-28-17 02:26 AM
    It's true that the hub is not as good as on BlackBerry 10 but I have no problem with read / unread messages Because always use the hub to read new messages .

Double notifications happen only with the emails but I solve it by disabling the Gmail app.
    05-28-17 02:42 AM
    I have done the same, still use the Hub but I have disabled the Gmail app. There is plenty of work to be done with the Hub even coming from Classic.
    But Keyone is an great device for 2017.
    05-28-17 11:43 AM
    I mostly use the hub as my email-center. To not get double notifications one has to switch off synchronisation elsewhere (for example Gmail app), this is no error of the hub itself. For me especially the email functionality of BlackBerry is still best in class.

For some apps like WhatsApp i do not use the hub. So i have switched that off in hub management.
    05-28-17 11:56 AM
    I mostly use the hub as my email-center. To not get double notifications one has to switch off synchronisation elsewhere (for example Gmail app), this is no error of the hub itself. For me especially the email functionality of BlackBerry is still best in class.

For some apps like WhatsApp i do not use the hub. So i have switched that off in hub management.
    ^^^This one. You guys need to switch off the notification coming from the other app.

As for email, yes Hub is tops in class, especially for Exchange/Outlook push emails. I've tried about ten others in the Play store.
    05-28-17 01:37 PM
    I disabled it after getting tired of double notifications

Like if I open Whatsapp to read a message and it's marked as read, I would still see it as unread in the hub. Same goes for e-mail. This become tiring to keep on going to the app then to the hub to mark as read so I disabled it and I'm much happier now. I don't have to worry about double notifications / unread items

anyone else feel the same? Such a poor integration.
    The integration is fine, just open the hub to get into those apps? That's the whole point of the hub right. you could also remove the apps that you prefer directly accessing from their own icon from your main hub screen?

As others said, for email you need to disable other email apps, there's no point in using both hub and other apps to access them. The hub is technically an email client and will notify you so it's pointless to have two apps

Whatever works for you though
    BigBadWulf and MidCan PM like this.
    05-28-17 02:27 PM
    I don't use the hub either. At first I liked the idea of all my notifications in one place, but with phones being much faster now and apps further optimized I actually like everything separate now
    phuoc, Pez1983 and Uzi like this.
    05-28-17 02:38 PM
    I'm with you. I love my new KEYone but after a day of using the Hub I really didn't like it much and especially didn't like the double notifications. I read somewhere that it was also a memory hog so I disabled it and am using Mailwise. Love that App.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-28-17 02:44 PM
    I don't use any blackberry apps except the keyboard.

I disable anything I don't use.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-28-17 03:00 PM
    I had been enabling and disabling Hub but recently using it with no issues.
    It's mainly my email, texting and phone logs client.

For everything else, I am using their designated apps.
    05-28-17 09:18 PM
    Disable the other email clients. For basic emails, Hub is great.

I separate the views email and instant messaging.
    05-28-17 10:18 PM
    My biggest complain about the Hub is setting the colours if the LED notifications. You can change the LED colour for email accounts, but not for other types if messages (SMS, Messenger etc). This leads to a point, that these other messages choose the same colour as you have chosen for you emails so you know nothing which type if message has arrived. It sucks and the RGB LED on the KEYone us for nothing.
    05-29-17 01:05 AM
    My biggest complain about the Hub is setting the colours if the LED notifications. You can change the LED colour for email accounts, but not for other types if messages (SMS, Messenger etc). This leads to a point, that these other messages choose the same colour as you have chosen for you emails so you know nothing which type if message has arrived. It sucks and the RGB LED on the KEYone us for nothing.
    I use Yaata for sms & it allows assigning a specific color for sms. The pro version allows you to assign specific colors for contacts, as well.
    05-29-17 01:15 AM
    Blackberry hub is not my favorite either. BB10 Hub was much better IMO. I will give a try and disable all blackberry apps.
    05-29-17 01:49 AM
    ^^^This one. You guys need to switch off the notification coming from the other app.

As for email, yes Hub is tops in class, especially for Exchange/Outlook push emails. I've tried about ten others in the Play store.
    Have you tried Nine? I have used Nine for years and I have tried the Hub after getting my Priv. The Hub (especially the Beta program) is getting closer, but Nine is still more feature-rich and better suits my workflow.

I agree that the Hub is pretty useless when it comes to anything besides Exchange and SMS/Call log. I didn't see the point of having my Hangouts notifications or Twitter stuff in there.

Stefan
    adokis likes this.
    05-29-17 01:58 AM
    I use Yaata for sms & it allows assigning a specific color for sms. The pro version allows you to assign specific colors for contacts, as well.
    I know, they are some apps for LED controlls, but why should I use them, if there ist the Hub here and it can controll the LED colour for emails. Why it cannt do it for other types of integrated messages, I really dont understand.
    05-29-17 03:41 AM
    Have you tried Nine? I have used Nine for years and I have tried the Hub after getting my Priv. The Hub (especially the Beta program) is getting closer, but Nine is still more feature-rich and better suits my workflow.

I agree that the Hub is pretty useless when it comes to anything besides Exchange and SMS/Call log. I didn't see the point of having my Hangouts notifications or Twitter stuff in there.

Stefan
    Nine is a great app, but it doesnt work very well with the BlackBerry launcher. The notifications are not running well. But Nine is a good option for Exchange services instead of the Hub for other phones.
    scott8629 likes this.
    05-29-17 03:42 AM
    I agree with a lot of what people have said on here too! I have disabled the HUB and find that my KEYone works much better without it enabled... Don't know if it's just me, but I have got all my operate apps now configured with different notification sounds, LED colours and it works really well...

I have noticed a few software bus with some of the apps (social media ones / e-mail etc...) but overall I am pleased with the KEYone performance. As people say, with larger and more diverse user dynamics opting for the KEYone (hopefully) there will be software bus identified that weren't picked up in initial testing. Hopefully BlackBerry Mobile will address these with updates...
    05-29-17 07:49 AM
    I know, they are some apps for LED controlls, but why should I use them, if there ist the Hub here and it can controll the LED colour for emails. Why it cannt do it for other types of integrated messages, I really dont understand.
    I hope at some point the level of integration & controls for the android hub reaches that of bb10, but in the meantime, it's limited. Without there being a built in sms app within the hub, we're stuck using the best apps that suit our needs.
    05-29-17 08:40 AM
    I've used hub month ago, double notifications was a bit annoying. Also when I received more than one message from WhatsApp, the first message I opened from hub, when I got back it wasn't redirect me back to the hub but to the WhatsApp's chat lists. Then I opened the second message from there (not the hub). That was also a bit impractical. Even after the second message has been read, the unread notification was still stuck in hub. So as you may think, hub is not notification centre replacement, even if you disabled each app's stock notification in android itself. It's not good enough to manage conversations yet, and I know it's not hub's fault, it's just an app afterall.
    05-29-17 09:15 AM
    The hub is the email app.

Of course you're getting double upped on notifications. You've signed into the same email account on two different apps.

Its a unified inbox. It doesn't replace i.m apps like whatsapp, or facebook messenger, but it does allow you to view all of their notifications in one place and in various custom views. Eg. My custom view is texts, call logs, primary email, whatsapp, facebook messenger and bbm. It's set to a home screen widget. I just double tap the home button to instantly check and respond to notifications from those apps.

Fb, instagram, pinterest and linked in are hidden in another custom view. But it's good to be able to view everything in the same place.

Last edited by mikeydodds; 05-30-17 at 04:34 AM.
    05-30-17 04:12 AM
    The hub is the email app.

Of course you're getting double upped on notifications. You've signed into the same email account on two different apps.

Its a unified inbox. It doesn't replace i.m apps like whatsapp, or facebook messenger, but it does allow you to view all of their notifications in one place and in various custom views. Eg. My custom view is texts, call logs, primary email, whatsapp, facebook messenger and bbm. It's set to a home screen widget. I just double tap the home button to instantly check and respond to notifications from those apps.

Fb, instagram, pinterest and linked in are hidden in another custom view. But it's good to be able to view everything in the same place.

I would consider to go back if only it could be less resource hungry. Because the point is access the conversation without opening each apps, with this we end up opening each apps + hub(which is not lightweight) + its widget(optional).
    05-30-17 09:30 AM
    I wish BeBuzz would get ported from BB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-30-17 10:19 AM
    These issues with the hub are pretty depressing.. how many are actually enjoying it?
    05-30-17 10:26 AM
    I wish BeBuzz would get ported from BB10
    I haven't used it recently but Light Flow - LED Control worked pretty well on a previous device I had.
    05-30-17 10:46 AM
39 12