It's a bell phone, just waiting on BlackBerry code source to get me my unlock code so I can use it(Telus).

Got it for $500 cad. Too good of a deal to pass up. It came with the original receipt, box, accessories etc....

I'm excited but sad to be leaving bb10 behind. I absolutely love bb10. Used a Z10,Z30 and then a passport for the last 32 months. Man what a beast of a phone.

Anyway I'm sad and scared of getting used to android. It's going to take a while to learn all the little tricks and intricacies of android.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 05:00 PM
    congrats on the deal!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-05-17 05:10 PM
    Hopefully it works out well for you. I purchased a Q10 off kijiji as a backup for my Z30. I'm glad I never had to use it. The phone worked, but the keyboard was screwy.

I'm guessing the person you purchased from probably got the phone free ( or next to nothing) from Bell and just decided to sell it.
    06-05-17 05:34 PM
    It's a bell phone, just waiting on BlackBerry code source to get me my unlock code so I can use it(Telus).

Got it for $500 cad. Too good of a deal to pass up. It came with the original receipt, box, accessories etc....

I'm excited but sad to be leaving bb10 behind. I absolutely love bb10. Used a Z10,Z30 and then a passport for the last 32 months. Man what a beast of a phone.

Anyway I'm sad and scared of getting used to android. It's going to take a while to learn all the little tricks and intricacies of android.

Posted via CB10
    Great deal. Hope you enjoy your KEYone, it's a great phone.
    06-05-17 05:41 PM
    Do you know if using another Carriers SIM in the unlocked phone affects wether you get updates or not?
    06-05-17 07:04 PM
    Hopefully it works out well for you. I purchased a Q10 off kijiji as a backup for my Z30. I'm glad I never had to use it. The phone worked, but the keyboard was screwy.

I'm guessing the person you purchased from probably got the phone free ( or next to nothing) from Bell and just decided to sell it.
    That is exactly the scenario. He likes the note series of phones more.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 07:11 PM
    Do you know if using another Carriers SIM in the unlocked phone affects wether you get updates or not?
    I'm pretty sure you will get updates from the carrier that is tied to your Sim card. So if you had a rogers Sim card in an unlocked bell phone, you would only receive updates from Rogers, not bell.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 07:13 PM
    congrats JWWDUKE !

I picked up a second keyone on craigslist as well for $520 brand new sealed with original receipt

there are some good deals out there but the keyones go fast!
    06-05-17 07:54 PM
    congrats JWWDUKE !

I picked up a second keyone on craigslist as well for $520 brand new sealed with original receipt

there are some good deals out there but the keyones go fast!
    Hey Sean,

Congrats to all that were able to scoop up a good deal!
    A bit off topic but I'm curious if you would know since you deal with devices every day.

Do you know if the networks can still Blacklist a phone if the original purchaser bails on they're contract? I'm kinda scared to by on Craigslist these days cause a year or so ago I bought a phone from a guy on CL and it seemed so legit (sealed, receipt, the whole works) but a few weeks later it got blacklisted so I called Rogers and they said the original owner didn't honor the contract so they blacklisted the phone and I was basically SOL, they also said if the purchaser paid with a stolen credit card the phone will be blacklisted when Rogers gets charged back by the credit card company.
    06-05-17 08:31 PM
    Hey Sean,

A bit off topic but I'm curious if you would know since you deal with devices every day.

Do you know if the networks can still Blacklist a phone if the original purchaser bails on they're contract? I'm kinda scared to by on Craigslist these days cause a year or so ago I bought a phone from a guy on CL and it seemed so legit (sealed, receipt, the whole works) but a few weeks later it got blacklisted so I called Rogers and they said the original owner didn't honor the contract so they blacklisted the phone and I was basically SOL, they also said if the purchaser paid with a stolen credit card the phone will be blacklisted when Rogers gets charged back by the credit card company.
    Good point!
    06-05-17 08:32 PM
    Hey Sean,

Yes they can , then you will be screwed for NA usage
    06-05-17 09:10 PM
    Yes they can , then you will be screwed for NA usage
    Well that would be terrible. You have to get a good feeling for the person that you are dealing with. It's all part of the game of playing with kijiji.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 09:51 PM
    Well that would be terrible. You have to get a good feeling for the person that you are dealing with. It's all part of the game of playing with kijiji.
    Let us know how it works when you get it setup.
    06-05-17 09:59 PM
    I am trying to imagine a legit scenario for this? If someone just bought the phone, why wouldn't they just return it?
    06-05-17 11:58 PM
    I am trying to imagine a legit scenario for this? If someone just bought the phone, why wouldn't they just return it?
    Could have been bought with stolen identity
    06-06-17 12:13 AM
    I know there's been lots of horror stories on a particular deals site about blacklisted phones from Kijiji. I haven't ever bought a sealed phone from there since 2012 for that very reason.

Other phones I've been fine with though, but just know there's always a risk of blacklisting when it comes to buying used phones from places like Kijiji and Craigslist.
    06-06-17 12:42 AM
    Do a hardware upgrade to get the phone for next to nothing, sell the phone for close to full price, then cancel the contract or stop paying the cell bill, repeat at all carriers, take the money and run. Apparently another way of scamming is buy insurance on the phone and claim it was stolen a few days later, insurer/carrier sends a new phone and scammer sells the supposedly stolen phone, insurer/carrier finds out later and blacklist the phone or simply pay with a stolen credit card. These are the methods that I've heard scammers use to obtain inventory to resell on CL. Sadly, I found out the hard way.
    06-06-17 12:47 AM
    Hey buwee,

how's it going man!

sorry to hear you had a bad experience buying on CL

Yes, the networks do blacklist in Canada, USA if someone reports the phone lost/stolen and or doesn't honor the contract.
    Then the phone won't work in northamerica.

good point, I have experience buying many on CL, but for others that aren't used to it or don't feel safe don't buy online.

but if you do, use due diligence.

I always get the seller to provide the original sales receipt and show ID to verify the name matches on the receipt meet them in the carrier store and get them to write a quick receipt with seller name address and IMEI# of the phone they sold, etc.

I have found with people willing to do this or something similar there has never been an issue.

but if you don't feel comfortable or the seller wants to meet at a shady place etc just pass on it.

There are some honest people that are eligible for upgrades and are happy with the phone they have but don't mind upgrading and selling to make some extra $'s, also others that have received as a gift, etc but would rather sell.

so as long as you at least get them to write you a receipt with IMEI#, and name/address as well as show government ID and meet at a safe public place then it is safer.

But again, if someone doesn't feel comfortable, maybe buy from the network directly
    buwee likes this.
    06-06-17 05:45 AM
    Hey buwee,

how's it going man!

sorry to hear you had a bad experience buying on CL

Yes, the networks do blacklist in Canada, USA if someone reports the phone lost/stolen and or doesn't honor the contract.
    Then the phone won't work in northamerica.

good point, I have experience buying many on CL, but for others that aren't used to it or don't feel safe don't buy online.

but if you do, use due diligence.

I always get the seller to provide the original sales receipt and show ID to verify the name matches on the receipt meet them in the carrier store and get them to write a quick receipt with seller name address and IMEI# of the phone they sold, etc.

I have found with people willing to do this or something similar there has never been an issue.

but if you don't feel comfortable or the seller wants to meet at a shady place etc just pass on it.

There are some honest people that are eligible for upgrades and are happy with the phone they have but don't mind upgrading and selling to make some extra $'s, also others that have received as a gift, etc but would rather sell.

so as long as you at least get them to write you a receipt with IMEI#, and name/address as well as show government ID and meet at a safe public place then it is safer.

But again, if someone doesn't feel comfortable, maybe buy from the network directly
    Thanks for the unlock code. Submitted order last night at 6pm and got the code this morning 5:50am. 2nd time ive used bbcs and had awesome service both times. As far as buying on K or CL, but you hit the nail on the head, due diligence is required for sure.

For this transaction I met the seller at his work, a huge international company. Went inside to check out the phone, he gave me his business card, and original receipt with his name and address on it. I'm pretty confident he's legit. Haha.
    06-06-17 06:08 AM
    Hey Sean,

You can avoid this by just asking the person what carrier the phone was purchased at and for the esn or imei number. Then call up the carrier and provide the ESN or IMEI numbers and explain you're purchasing the phone through a private sale and would like to make sure there isn't an existing account with a balance owing or that the phones been stolen.

The carrier will give you that information.
    06-06-17 07:09 AM