Had it on Bell yesterday . >
    I bought at Bell Canada and the last security showing is March 17, 2017. Did you have to do something to get the update? I bought my Keyone yesterday in Langley, BC at Bell but I am on Virgin Mobile.
    06-01-17 01:57 PM
    Umm that was me that said that.
    Your interpretation of my statement was wrong. They still have everything to do with the software on phone. Just not the hardware anymore.
    TCL is paying royalties to BlackBerry for their name and to use the BlackBerry software on it and I am thinking for BlackBerry to also do the security updates.

Saying all this, none of know for sure what's in them leasing agreement between BlackBerry and TCL.
    06-01-17 02:13 PM
    It's not true. The person who wrote that is clueless as BlackBerry has been very direct with their message that software is all them. They aren't handing it over to another company.
    It was me but maybe read again as thats exactly what I was implying. I didn't say they handed support for security updates over. I said they licence it to TCL. TCL pays BlackBerry now for this software and service.
    06-01-17 02:14 PM
    I read it on here.
    Everything you read on the internet true
    06-01-17 02:17 PM
    It was me but maybe read again as thats exactly what I was implying
    Your first sentence was written in a way which implies they are licencing everything out. So I can see why it was interpreted that way.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 02:19 PM
    Your first sentence was written in a way which implies they are licencing everything out. So I can see why it was interpreted that way.
    Huge difference between licencing and selling. Licencing means BlackBerry still owns it.
    06-01-17 02:21 PM
    Everything you read on the internet true
    Confirmed. I just read it here.
    hoytbowhunter and Carjackd like this.
    06-01-17 02:22 PM
    Huge difference between licencing and selling. Licencing means BlackBerry still owns it.
    Ya but they still own their name and have nothing to do with the devices because they licenced it out. So if someone was to go by that and the rest of your comment includes the software then they may assume that they aren't responsible for that either.
    06-01-17 02:22 PM
    Ya but they still own their name and have nothing to do with the devices because they licenced it out. So if someone was to go by that and the rest of your comment includes the software then they may assume that they aren't responsible for that either.
    Only for those that don't understand how licencing works would think that.
    I guess I should elaborated more to educate. My mistake. It happens. :-)
    06-01-17 02:25 PM
    You don't have to understand it. All they know is BlackBerry licenced their hardware and now TCL is responsible for it. Naturally they may think the same thing if someone implies they licenced their software too. I know what you are getting at and didn't mean that but I can see why it was misunderstood.
    06-01-17 02:27 PM
    BlackBerry is still responsible for the software.

The licencees do everything else.
    Awesome! Just wanted to make sure man, when I read that I was like what lol. Glad I heard it from you man, your straight forward.
    06-01-17 02:36 PM
    You don't have to understand it. All they know is BlackBerry licenced their hardware and now TCL is responsible for it. Naturally they may think the same thing if someone implies they licenced their software too. I know what you are getting at and didn't mean that but I can see why it was misunderstood.
    Stock Android excluded. BlackBerry actually licences their software as well. TCL pays BlackBerry to use BlackBerry security software, apps like DTEK, HUB etc on KEYone .
    This includes support and security updates.
    This does not mean that BlackBerry gives up control (managing) or ownership of the software.
    06-01-17 02:37 PM
    No big deal Buddy. We're all here to help each other.. I was sneaking a look at my phone while reading it. I can't have my phone with me while I'm this government building so I was reading fast and that's why I thought ( what the heck) lol
    06-01-17 02:39 PM
    No big deal Buddy. We're all here to help each other.. I was sneaking a look at my phone while reading it. I can't have my phone with me while I'm this government building so I was reading fast and that's why I thought ( what the heck) lol
    All good. I actually do licence deals daily so trying to educate. Licence is just paying a royalty in this case.
    BlackBerry owns,supports and upgrades the software still. TCL just pays a royalty (licence fee) to them per device
    06-01-17 02:43 PM
    Stock Android excluded. BlackBerry actually licences their software as well. TCL pays BlackBerry to use BlackBerry security software, apps like DTEK, HUB etc on KEYone .
    This includes support and security updates.
    This does not mean that BlackBerry gives up control (managing) or ownership of the software.
    Yes I agree.
    06-01-17 02:51 PM

Will a BBB100-2 Qwerty UK version work with att? What's the difference between 100-2 and 100-1 both GSM
    06-01-17 06:39 PM
    Will a BBB100-2 Qwerty UK version work with att? What's the difference between 100-2 and 100-1 both GSM
    Yes, but US model is better.

Europe model is missing band 12 and 30.
    Matty likes this.
    06-01-17 06:47 PM
    Ok thanks man. I almost ordered one for $800 to get in Saturday lol. Thank God I asked you. Thanks buddy.
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 06-02-17 at 08:12 PM.
    06-01-17 06:50 PM
    As in they may have made a mistake releasing it.
    It still says June 5 on the Rogers site.
    If it says 5 June on their website, then i presume it was an intentional release. I haven't seen any public announcement about the update being released though. I don't even think the Pixel devices have received the update yet haha. A little weird but I'm sure its a official security patch
    06-02-17 03:27 AM
    Had it on Bell yesterday . >
    That is reassuring, coming from the priv on Bell that has been up to three weeks later than the BlackBerry announcement.
    06-02-17 03:47 AM

And they are hiring:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBSIRT/st...75515961757696

https://bb.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-...form=hootsuite

We are looking for security engineering researchers to join our Security Incident Response Team. You will primarily analyze the world’s most secure Android operating system, but will also kick the tires of our flagship UEM Unified Endpoint Management (aka BES) and get your hands dirty with Good, our container solution.

We are currently looking for security minded individuals to support our Secure Android Operating System and 30-day patching program and other efforts responding to emergent software-based cyber threats or incidents involving BlackBerry products and services. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and challenging environment and will work with various teams across the organization to support vulnerability mitigation efforts, from identification of potential issues to analysis, mitigation, and related internal and external communications. The technical and threat landscape change constantly and this position would suit someone willing to continually learn while working on cutting edge technologies and handling multiple priorities.
    This sums it it up quite good I think
    Uzi likes this.
    06-02-17 10:35 PM
    Sorry for my dumb question but how do I trigger the security update? Thank you!
    06-07-17 02:15 PM
    Sorry for my dumb question but how do I trigger the security update? Thank you!
    If you are on a KEYone, its done from the "updates" app. Check your app drawer and it will be there.
    06-07-17 02:39 PM
    Ah, thank you very much!
    ray689 likes this.
    06-07-17 02:40 PM
49 12