Or should i wait longer?

Thank you.
    06-27-17 10:57 PM
    I've basically asked CBK to give us an update on what TCL is doing about screens. Here's the thread.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12941686
    06-28-17 12:13 AM
    I'm not speaking for anyone here but I was at the blackberry meet up here in Chicago which was last Friday, I spoke with TCL's sales person (did not get his name) but I asked about this issue and his answer wasn't what I was expecting.

His answer was that, its part of the industrial design of it. Yes, they are aware of this problem.

Basically that if you see most of the phones have long all touch glass displays, compared to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ it's small and it cuts off about 60% of the body ratio of the body of the phone. it does not have any support to hold down the display.

I'm not judging anyone's work here but if you had the time and money to manufacture a hardware for a phones and for the first time, shouldn't you make this phone 100% great and done right for their costumers?
    anon(870071) and gqmovement like this.
    06-28-17 06:30 AM
    OP, how would anyone know? TCL hasn't made any further statements since they said they were looking into it, and judging by the people who have recently purchased one who are having their screens pop out I'd say that they haven't done anything thus far to change or fix the issue.
    06-28-17 06:40 AM
    I wouldn't wait any longer to get this device, if you have to money go out and buy it. it's not like they're going to go back and put glue and all KEYᵒⁿᵉs that are already in the box ready to ship. It will cost money to tell which, in business is not a good idea. if you get this device and if comes apart, ship it back to blackberry mobile, you have one year warranty.

Take this an example of the iPhone 6 remember bendgate? Apple waited until their next phone to fix this issue. so I would say if you want this issue to be fix, you're going to wait until the next version of KEYᵒⁿᵉ to come out. and does if comes out.
    06-28-17 06:41 AM
    I'm not speaking for anyone here but I was at the blackberry meet up here in Chicago which was last Friday, I spoke with TCL's sales person (did not get his name) but I asked about this issue and his answer wasn't what I was expecting.

His answer was that, its part of the industrial design of it. Yes, they are aware of this problem.

Basically that if you see most of the phones have long all touch glass displays, compared to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ it's small and it cuts off about 60% of the body ratio of the body of the phone. it does not have any support to hold down the display.

I'm not judging anyone's work here but if you had the time and money to manufacture a hardware for a phones and for the first time, shouldn't you make this phone 100% great and done right for their costumers?
    Wow, just wow! I cannot believe the response you received. If I were looking to buy the phone I would wait a bit longer to hear from TCL whether the isues have been resolved or simply buy another brand.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-17 07:09 AM
    I wouldn't wait any longer to get this device, if you have to money go out and buy it. it's not like they're going to go back and put glue and all KEYᵒⁿᵉs that are already in the box ready to ship. It will cost money to tell which, in business is not a good idea. if you get this device and if comes apart, ship it back to blackberry mobile, you have one year warranty.

Take this an example of the iPhone 6 remember bendgate? Apple waited until their next phone to fix this issue. so I would say if you want this issue to be fix, you're going to wait until the next version of KEYᵒⁿᵉ to come out. and does if comes out.
    This is the most likely scenario.
    06-28-17 08:08 AM
    My take is, its a capital market - if everyone halt buying the device they would come back with a solution. As long as people still purchase it, they will continue with status quo.

I would go out and buy it either way. And get the next version, downside is that $550 you spend now will be worth little after the new one ships.
    06-28-17 08:42 AM
    I think i saw or read a news that someone from TCL saying they are aware and will fix the glue issue. I just cant remember it.
    06-28-17 04:12 PM
    I think i saw or read a news that someone from TCL saying they are aware and will fix the glue issue. I just cant remember it.
    They didn't say that. They said they would look into addressing it but never commented after that.
    06-28-17 04:26 PM
    What did you expect? Only some are impacted, it is clearly a production problem and there is no way for them to know, in the box, which are impacted and which not. Warranty swaps are the links right answer here if you get one that is impacted by this.
    06-28-17 05:37 PM
    I think what people are hoping for is that when a new production batch is produce it will include the fix, hence some want to wait it out until the new batch is being sold
    06-28-17 06:42 PM
    OP, how would anyone know? TCL hasn't made any further statements since they said they were looking into it, and judging by the people who have recently purchased one who are having their screens pop out I'd say that they haven't done anything thus far to change or fix the issue.
    AGAIN WITH FACTS!!!!! PLEEEEEEZE......this is crackberry.

WOOF!
    06-28-17 06:58 PM
    Or should i wait longer?

Thank you.
    Wait another few weeks, the shake out is almost over.
    06-28-17 06:59 PM
    I think what people are hoping for is that when a new production batch is produce it will include the fix, hence some want to wait it out until the new batch is being sold
    Yup exactly what i was thinking.
    06-28-17 07:16 PM
    Wow, just wow! I cannot believe the response you received. If I were looking to buy the phone I would wait a bit longer to hear from TCL whether the isues have been resolved or simply buy another brand.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is that, they are not going to say anything. If they do, they will lose a lot of money and for them money is everything here.
    06-28-17 08:28 PM
    What did you expect? Only some are impacted, it is clearly a production problem and there is no way for them to know, in the box, which are impacted and which not. Warranty swaps are the links right answer here if you get one that is impacted by this.
    It is not a production failure, its a design issue. There is no support in the bottom part of the glass display. Even if they put glue it will still come apart. It just the way the phone was design.
    06-28-17 08:31 PM
    They're not going to say anything, the phone has been out for almost a month.. In phone years, that is a long time. Especially for the time we have been waiting for the device.. Its really not cool.
    06-28-17 08:34 PM

Hey, I was at the meetup last Friday, too! Hopefully TCL will fix this problem stat. In the meantime, would you recommend that the KEYone owner simply to get a good case that will hug the display, if that's even possible?

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    06-28-17 09:02 PM
    Or should i wait longer?

Thank you.
    Sadly, no.
    06-28-17 09:14 PM

I think Wayne White was speaking more to the Jerryrig issue, which really isn't one. There clearly are some phones that escaped production with a real screen pop problem. As long as they get QC solid, there should be very few failures going forward.
    06-28-17 11:16 PM
    It is not a production failure, its a design issue. There is no support in the bottom part of the glass display. Even if they put glue it will still come apart. It just the way the phone was design.
    Then why didn't this screen lifting issue affect other models like the Classic or Passport in the same way?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 12:00 AM
    Then why didn't this screen lifting issue affect other models like the Classic or Passport in the same way?

Posted via CB10
    The answer for that is because those phones where manufacture by BlackBerry /Foxconn. This is a new territory for TLC, bringing and duplicating a qwerty keyboard phone, which they did great! But not perfect!
    06-29-17 12:07 AM
    Hey, I was at the meetup last Friday, too! Hopefully TCL will fix this problem stat. In the meantime, would you recommend that the KEYone owner simply to get a good case that will hug the display, if that's even possible?

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    I would say, use it whoever you like. With or without case, I would rock mine out without a case. Simply because it's a beautiful phone. But let's say if my screen pops out, I'd contact blackberry mobile and get a new one. Not a refurbished one a new one. If not my money back.

By the way, any chances you will sell your passport? I'd love to buy it off you lol
    06-29-17 12:10 AM
    The answer for that is because those phones where manufacture by BlackBerry /Foxconn. This is a new territory for TLC, bringing and duplicating a qwerty keyboard phone, which they did great! But not perfect!
    I think you contradicted yourself. At first you said it is a design issue. This phone was spotted back in mid 2016, thus BB was working on it for sometime before that. The only change is it having Android not BB10, TCL might just be a bad supplier.

Edit: They have done well, though i assume production of slabs is simpler than having a pkb. I doubt its the design, rather their production sucks. Nothing wrong with that, it just removes BB devices from the premium segment.

My Classic made by foxcon is still rocking solid.
    06-29-17 12:39 AM
40 12