I think you contradicted yourself. At first you said it is a design issue. This phone was spotted back in mid 2016, thus BB was working on it for sometime before that. The only change is it having Android not BB10, TCL might just be a bad supplier.

Edit: They have done well, though i assume production of slabs is simpler than having a pkb. I doubt its the design, rather their production sucks. Nothing wrong with that, it just removes BB devices from the premium segment.

My Classic made by foxcon is still rocking solid.
    Well I'm just informing you guys what the BlackBerry Mobile person told about the display issue that it's because of the design. Bottom display doesn't have enough support to hold down the display.

Which in my mind I was shaking my head because that is not a reason for the display to come off. They should of figure out everything, every key and every sensor.

I'm not contradicting myself, I know what I know. I have owned so many phones from storm, curve, bold, classic, passport, priv, Samsung, LG, Apple and even windows mobile it's just a cheap build..

Just a lame part from TCL that they haven't fix this issue ASAP. Lots of people are waiting for this issue to get fixed and they don't even post anything on Crack berry which they said they were going to have a lot of support for their future phones like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ..

Don't get mad at me, just giving you what I know.
    06-29-17 12:57 AM
    The person who I spoke was the VP of North America sales for BlackBerry Mobile
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-29-17 01:09 AM
    sorry It came off the wrong way on here. I agree with you. its a sloppy production in a way, i kept looking at my classic and keyone side by side - minus the toolbelt and the larger device, they are similarly designed phones.
    06-29-17 01:14 AM
    Then why didn't this screen lifting issue affect other models like the Classic or Passport in the same way?

Posted via CB10
    I guess it mostly because the keyone use curve glass that attach to its side bezzel. While passport or classic directly sticks their glass without any curving. Both don't have screen lifting issue, but its design is furnerable.
    katxeus likes this.
    06-29-17 04:10 AM
    I guess it mostly because the keyone use curve glass that attach to its side bezzel. While passport or classic directly sticks their glass without any curving. Both don't have screen lifting issue, but its design is furnerable.
    It affected passport for sure but not as mana as KEYone. I myself had lifted screen issue with my passport og twice after 5-6 month of use each + twisted body frame issue.

So yes, he is right that it is design issue. Why not so with classic? It is because it has very small and short screen + body, thus there is much less force applied toward the bottom of screen with usual usage pattern.

I can see that passport was too broad--> so body twisted and screen lifted with heavy or rough use -> they redesigned it from att model to reinforce frame -> passport se even had sturdier design for frame.-> problem solved b redesigning!

KEYone screen was to narrow and long not to reinforce the attachment of screen bottom to the frame. -> screen lifting from the bottom with some usual pressure applied with every day usage pattern in few weeks.

In my case, I think it was the tpu cases that I kept changing depending on the situation. I had clear tpu case, black tpu case, wallet style case....

And to take off the case I need to pull the corner(usually bottom right in my case) of the tpu casr out of the phone body by pressing middle back. repeating that several times, it weakens the already weak glue connection to break.

My first KEYone screen totally detached in 2 weeks of using, my replacement one already showed bottom right corner not fully attached. It is not lifted with light bleeding out, but I can see the very slight gap in between already with very close up.

They need to put some mechanical hinge at the bottom of screen if they want to keep this long narrow screen design, or should use 10 x stronger glue.

And I doubt that they would be able to fix this issue without changing the design itself like passport did... so just go get it and replace it when it breaks. And be careful with case putting in and taking off.
    06-29-17 07:42 AM
    I do agree with the idea that the design itself is bad. The narrow screen and lacking support at the bottom would cause the bottom to lift.

But what about the sides and top. Even if the bottom was detached, the rest of the adhesive should have some hold. The screen shouldn't come clean off like mine did. What about the guy who had the screen come right off during the unboxing? No frame twisting or daily use there.

I think the glue they used is bad too.
    06-29-17 11:11 AM
    So maybe other manuf who can make a pkb just choose not too because of issues they do not want to deal with.
    06-29-17 11:31 AM
    The answer for that is because those phones where manufacture by BlackBerry /Foxconn. This is a new territory for TLC, bringing and duplicating a qwerty keyboard phone, which they did great! But not perfect!
    BlackBerry Foxcon made Passport that had screen lift issue... history is destined to repeat for those short of smarts...
    06-29-17 11:33 AM
    Passport had widespread screen lift...
    06-29-17 11:35 AM
    So maybe other manuf who can make a pkb just choose not too because of issues they do not want to deal with.
    They chose not to offer a PKB device since recent BlackBerrys failed to sell...
    06-29-17 11:37 AM
    Liar, its the best phone there is and the fastest android. With a camera thats better than a galaxy s8.
    06-29-17 03:32 PM
    Liar, its the best phone there is and the fastest android. With a camera thats better than a galaxy s8.
    06-29-17 03:33 PM
    Niklow you are a disgrace to call someone a "Liar" in direct violation of the TOS. Why not come say that to my face?
    06-29-17 04:05 PM
    Niklow you are a disgrace to call someone a "Liar" in direct violation of the TOS. Why not come say that to my face?
    Long as i dont need to fly anywhere.
    06-29-17 04:20 PM
    Passport had widespread screen lift...
    link please??
    06-29-17 04:50 PM
40 12